Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham v Wolves comms thread.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of quotes from the pre-match thread seem appropriate to start things off. I hope those concerned will not mind me quoting them;

Sedgwolf 1980 said -

Today either rounds off a crap week or we win and it’s back on board the fun bus. Come on lads, let’s do this.

Frank Lincoln said -

I think there will be a positive response to Thursday. This group of players will want to bounce back, just as they often do.

I say -We have to hope that our guys turn up in the most positive frame of mind. So COYW bring back the three points! :D :D :D

And - A very happy 80th birthday to Mike Bailey who demonstrated, to perfection, how midfielders should play.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will there be at the London Stadium a pre match support for peace in Ukraine with Maximilian Kilman & Andriy Yarmolenko 2 Ukrainian related players as yesterday's pre match at Goodison Park. Where Man City defender Oleksandr Zinchenko fought back tears after embracing fellow Ukrainian Vitalii Mykolenko ahead of his side’s Premier League clash with Everton.

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of quotes from the pre-match thread seem appropriate to start things off. I hope those concerned will not mind me quoting them;

Sedgwolf 1980 said -

Today either rounds off a crap week or we win and it’s back on board the fun bus. Come on lads, let’s do this.

Frank Lincoln said -

I think there will be a positive response to Thursday. This group of players will want to bounce back, just as they often do.

I say -We have to hope that our guys turn up in the most positive frame of mind. So COYW bring back the three points! :D :D :D

And - A very happy 80th birthday to Mike Bailey who demonstrated, to perfection, how midfielders should play

At least Bruno isn't afraid to dish it out!

This is very interesting and lets see if the front 3 can click!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the line-up I'd have gone for, but Bruno has to 'live or die' by his selections. Hope he's got this one right or there will be some criticism on this site, I would guess.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ummmmm, expecting some strong opinions on here over the next hour.

Let's hope Bruno knows best.
I think he has earned some patience.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. To be fair though Raul really deserved to be dropped after Thursday. Hoever as well though… I think this is where the season peters out possibly. Hope I’m wrong though.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ugh! Feel free to tattoo this on my forehead later but that is a bloody awful team. There are kids in nursery with more physical presence than Fabio and Trincao. I can only assume it's knocks and niggles and not Bruno going mad in sympathy with Bielsa

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised by Marcal and Hoever being back in, obviously Joao is still not 100% after his recent injury, the big talking point is Raul rested or dropped?, whoops forgot Podence is being rested, but I expect to see both him and Neto at some point during the game.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever (would Jonny last 90 mins) Marcal (RAN fitness still not quite there) and Donck (to rest up Moutinho) no surprise to me.

Could also see Trincao starting to freshen it up. Surprised by Hwang as still recovering over Podence. Silva I get and want him to have more game time.

Going to make subs interesting - why only 3?

Neto and Podence on the hour for Trincao and Hwang and then one other at 80 mins - could well be RAN or Jonny for a tiring Hoever or Marcal rather than Raul.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will there be at the London Stadium a pre match support for peace in Ukraine with these 2 Ukrainian related players as yesterday's pre match at Goodison Park?
Where Man City defender Oleksandr Zinchenko fought back tears after embracing fellow Ukrainian Vitalii Mykolenko ahead of his side’s Premier League clash with Everton.
Id imagine so with West Ham having Yarmolenko and ourselves with Kilman

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is shaking things up? Not wildly thrilling tbh but gives us a chance to see some players who generate some excitement on here. I worry that we will be on the back foot again pretty much like Arsenal. If we go a goal down I'm not too sure if we will have the fire-power to force a way back. I hope we can all laugh at this post in 3 hours time.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be a rough game I think...Trincao must be on last chance saloon now.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wow, justpasdinvythe Orbital and tempted to go straight round! Still Bruno knows best

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at that bench, does Bruno know we can use only 3 subs?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can only assume that RAN and Podence, in particular, are struggling to play two games in a week? Moutinho, I get and Raul also needs a rest, and Semedo is an obvious one, but I had assumed that RAN and Podence would start.
Looks a bit lightweight to me. Hope I am wrong. Big, big game for some fringe players there.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see why he has shaken it up.

I'd never choose Marcal over RAN but Rayan does tend to not last the 90 so a break is probably why. Or Lage doesn't want to play him with another (even more) inexperienced wingback

Great to see Boly back involved.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh boy.

I should have remained in my hungover stupor.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imho that is a much weaker Wolves team sheet 11 than starting against Arsenal?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Pod hurts. I get why Raul, Joao, Semedo, and RAN are out. Might’ve gone another step and had Cundle in there for Leander, and Toti in for Saiss but Boly on the bench over Toti is interesting. Here we go!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s probably ripped up Moyes pre match team talk!

This looks a risky selection but if it works, then it pays dividends for using the squad depth we have.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's keep things in some perspective. 8 out of our next 9 games are v sides mid to low table so we have to be in with a decent shout in those games and a chance to get some more points on the board. As for today though..................

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't see the Arsenal game, but I understand we were poor from the tenth minute onward, so if this is Bruno dropping underperforming players, then kudos. On the other hand, if this is squad rotation or something else, then meh!

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
I think it’s a weak looking team. Bruno has proven me wrong more than once this season so hopefully that trend continues

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ...I didn't expect that. We'll struggle I guess but what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom