Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weirdest Place You've Bumped Into a Wolves Fan

• Thread starter Deleted member 3751
  • Start date

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was in the queue waiting for the lift in Coit Tower, San Francisco, when the attendant asked where I was from. He said one of his mates was a big Wolves fan and never stopped talking about them. Didn't meet him, so probably doesn't count really... :rolleyes:

stevev53

Reaction score
I ran the Chicago 5k last October in my wolves top and walking through the streets on my way back to my hotel a very well dressed guy came up to me and said he was Leo Bonatini,s best friend and to prove it he took a picture of me and sent it to Leo on his phone .

S

ShropshireLad

I'd just been appointed at a school in 1986 and was invited to the local pub in Dulwich for a celebratory drink in the very late afternoon. There were a group of other staff there besides some of the interview panel and during the conversation which had turned to football I was asked which team I supported. I humbly (remember it was 1986) told them "Wolves" to which there was a big cheer because one of the interviewers and a PE teacher from Bridgenorth supported Wolves (one of our "Mixers" knows him). Another PE teacher (not present) was also a Wolves fan.

In 2006 I went as a supply teacher to see about a two term position at a school in Bermondsey and wearing a Wolves lapel badge was an influence in the headteacher giving me the job. :D Hiya Eilidh, if you're reading this. Nice to see you both on the train on Saturday. ;) And by the way, the steak in the Moon on Saturday night was dreadful. :oops: I didn't let it spoil what was otherwise an excellent day, mind. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A shopping mall in Redmond near Seattle. Christmas 2000. Had a Wolves scarf on, a guy sees me starts chanting "we are Wolves". Weirdly he was Belgian but had family friends who were Wolves and had seen us play loads, even making most London games!!!

S

ShropshireLad

I have in the past shouted "We are Wolves..." at yellow(ish) liveried vehicles from Wolvo down here in London and have received toots on the horn in reply!:oops: I've grown up now. :D

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was sat on the bank off the Thames, blazing sun, half cut, watching The Henley Regatta, with me Manders top on.
Out of no where somebody reached out of the river and grabbed me ankle.
Helped him out, shared a beer why he dried off.
Turned out he was on a boat with a group of Wolves fans and they had bet him £20 to swim across and say hi.

Last edited:

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was at the D-D Landings memorial at Omaha Beach, Normandy couple of years ago. My boys had their Wolves tops on we met another family wearing old gold and black

M

Monk

Checking in at a hotel in Los Angeles the guy behind the desk said your Wolves fans then (our shirts were a give away). He said in his broad Californian accent he was a wolves fan too. He could see we were a bit suspicious but told us he was originally from Bilston and when he went back to wolves and took in a game he drank in the Hatherton.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is going to take some topping TC.
Was he French or English? If he was English, did he join, as many are reported to do so, to forget something or someone? Was the thing he was trying to forget, the "choke season" by any chance?

Interesting question. He was actually Greek Cypriot who had been born and raised in Wolverhampton.
Joined up to escape a grasping ex wife. The guy was usually based in Pau.

It was season we lost to Palace in playoffs

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The greenkeeper at an exclusive golf course in Barbados around 2012 is a Wolves fan - bumped into him there.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went on a cruise last summer for my 50th. On a day trip we were being told by the guide that to be considered as a new buyer wanting to own a property in Monte Carlo, you needed to show you had 5million euros (I think) in the bank. First thing we see as we are entering Monte Carlo is a bloke walking his dog wearing a Wolves away shirt.
You should've come over and said hello.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in a bar in Phoenix, Arizona, and a stranger overheard my accent. He came over and said " Where yo from, marmate ? " He was a Wolves fan living in Walsall, who had only popped into the bar to ask for directions. Small world.
And you said, “ I’m Olly the Cat, you will most probably already know me from the Express & Star comments.”
You just know you did, didn’t you.?:D

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good thread idea imo, matey.

The wife and myself were standing in a queue to use the funicular railway in Budapest to go to the top of the hill to visit the castle when I told her that the chap nearby giving out posters (or fly-sheets) was from Wolverhampton. She told me not to say anything to him as she gets embarrassed when I strike up conversations with total strangers out of the blue. Anyhow, as usual, I took no notice of her and as we approached him I asked if he was a Wolves fan as a way of showing off that I knew where he was from. :)

Funicular in Buda Castle District - Buda Castle

Apparently, he comes on the Mix from time to time so "Hello" if you're reading this. :cool: And have you bought your house there yet...and do you still run your bus tour trips? :D

Shame I never bumped into him in the three years I’ve been based here! Oh well, will be heading back home soon, so no more weekly Easyjet commutes every Friday night :)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stood in an elevator in an office building in Hong Kong when my wife and I were there for our honeymoon in ‘95. It was our first day there, we had just arrived and 5 mins after leaving the hotel we see him stood there in the elevator, briefcase in hand, wearing a home shirt. I like to remind my Boro fan wife from time to time that we never saw a Boro shirt on our honeymoon :)

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went for a university admissions interview at UMIST, Manchester sometime in the early 90’s.
Boy was I pleased when I nervously opened the door to the lady professor’s office and saw a big framed team photo on the wall behind her desk.
Needless to say I was accepted on the course.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy!
I wanted to go there this summer but my son didn't fancy the 10 hour flight so we have booked 2 weeks in....................

No brainer................... Portugal of course
To be fair we are going the Pacific coast which is 11. I’m fine with that. I don’t think the wife appreciates it!!!

Portugal is ace!!

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Honeymoon in Dominican Republic was pishing it down, so I went and relaxed in jacuzzi. Chap in the next jacuzzi left 10 mins later and he had wolves shorts on!

Scadwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Honeymoon in Dominican Republic was pishing it down, so I went and relaxed in jacuzzi. Chap in the next jacuzzi left 10 mins later and he had wolves shorts on!
Australia Zoo Brisbane, the day we signed Jody Craddock!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming ex-players are to some extent fans: Frank Wignall, at the Queen's Birthday Party, British Embassy, Qatar in about 1977. He was so ****ed he could hardly remember he had played for us. He was Qatar's coach at the time, I think.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My old local in Dewsbury (West Yorks)
Also bumped into a different one at bus stop in Dewsbury, on his way to get train to home match. I was on way to have my haircut before getting lift to game
Never believe me though due to my Yorkshire accent

W

Wolfgang Wolf

i was walking away from the westfallen stadion, dortmund after a game wearing a wolves top.
a big black 7 series bmw drives past then stops and reverses towards me and stops.
the driver gets out, it was ralf russman, the dortmund captain at the time - and wolves fan !
we chatted and listened to bbc world service on his car radio for the wolves result - not easy to get in pre-internet days.

Death Owl

Reaction score
Was walking down Broadway, New York with my wolves top on when a yellow taxi slowed down and the passenger shouted 'Up the wolves'
Passing through Washington airport got speaking to a chap with wolves colours on and it turned out he knew my parents.
Was also in Paphos,Cyprus just after the world cup in 1990 when who should be walking towards me was Steve Bull. Was actually too embarrassed to talk to him as I figured he probably wanted to be left alone. Regret it now though.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up on the top of Portland Heights in Dorset whilst walking. Noticed he`d a Wolves Woolly hat on. Got chattin and he said hes not a fan, but it keeps his head warm!:D

O

Olly the cat

And you said, “ I’m Olly the Cat, you will most probably already know me from the Express & Star comments.”
You just know you did, didn’t you.?:D
Nice one Shergar. My fame and reputation transcends international boundaries. I have met a few celebrities in my time, and some of them were completely obnoxious big heads. I used to find it hilarious pretending I didn't know who they were. The worst one ever was Dirty Den from Eastenders. A thoroughly obnoxious bighead. The best one recently was Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon from Blake Seven. He's looking a little old these days, but he still has the voice. It gave me goosebumps listening to him.

D

Deleted member 5242

In a restaurant in Colva, Goa.

All he could do was complain about the "plastics" coming out the woodwork.

Where were they when we were ****, I cor get a seat in the Southbank no more etc etc

Come to think of it, he was a bit of a tossa

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went on a cruise last summer for my 50th. On a day trip we were being told by the guide that to be considered as a new buyer wanting to own a property in Monte Carlo, you needed to show you had 5million euros (I think) in the bank. First thing we see as we are entering Monte Carlo is a bloke walking his dog wearing a Wolves away shirt.
Not often you see a dog wearing a shirt....

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice one Shergar. My fame and reputation transcends international boundaries. I have met a few celebrities in my time, and some of them were completely obnoxious big heads. I used to find it hilarious pretending I didn't know who they were. The worst one ever was Dirty Den from Eastenders. A thoroughly obnoxious bighead. The best one recently was Paul Darrow, Kerr Avon from Blake Seven. He's looking a little old these days, but he still has the voice. It gave me goosebumps listening to him.
But did Kerr Avon get goosebumps from meeting you?

D

Deleted member 5340

Out the back of the Victoria Pub on the beach at Borth...Came out with the drinks to see the wife and the two kids sat at a table with a Wolves fan(apparently there was no where left to sit,so the Wolves fan asked if they wanted to sit at his table). The mrs had no idea who he was as we sat talking about all things Wolves.

After an hour or so of swapping rounds and some great conversation,Rob the wolves fan had to leave as he had a plane to catch the next day(was flying over to the States to hook up with his girlfriend at the time) and wished us the best for the rest of our stay.
When he left the bride said "How do you know him...Is he one of your friends from Borth?"

I gave her the thousand yard stare,then had to explain who Robert Plant and Led Zeplin were.....

I know,and yes,we're still married!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Out the back of the Victoria Pub on the beach at Borth...Came out with the drinks to see the wife and the two kids sat at a table with a Wolves fan(apparently there was no where left to sit,so the Wolves fan asked if they wanted to sit at his table). The mrs had no idea who he was as we sat talking about all things Wolves.

After an hour or so of swapping rounds and some great conversation,Rob the wolves fan had to leave as he had a plane to catch the next day(was flying over to the States to hook up with his girlfriend at the time) and wished us the best for the rest of our stay.
When he left the bride said "How do you know him...Is he one of your friends from Borth?"

I gave her the thousand yard stare,then had to explain who Robert Plant and Led Zeplin were.....

I know,and yes,we're still married!
Great story..

E

Edgmond Wolf

Got this idea off the 30k attendance thread. So where's the 'strangest' places you've bumped into Wolves fans?

I had a proper example of a 'small world' on holiday when I bumped into a Wolves fan who I beat in a golf competition the week before but the strangest place was at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Sat on a hill on the Saturday with my dad, three lads sit behind us and start talking. They'd obviously met a few people on their trip over, one was talking about the fact he'd got a new business contact from his journey and then said to one of the others "What I don't understand is how you always meet Wolves fans!". His mate laughed and said "We're everywhere". Well I had my wallet and my wallet had my old Wolves membership card in it so got it out, turned around and said "You mean like this??". The Wolves fan started laughing and his mates couldn't believe it!

So we are EVERYWHERE!

Where's the strangest place you've met another Wolf?
We're everywhere and Nowhere baby.....

Now there is a song there somewhere

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The top of Table Mountain. Couple of lads asked us to take a photo of them with a Wolves flag, we said OK great if you could take a photo of us with it afterwards. Have bumped into one of them a few times since, top bloke. This was on the day of the damn-awful 0-0 draw with Algeria in 2010.
This flag?
168CBF5F-CCCB-44E2-96E0-07DDBD913917.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom