Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weekend Prediction Game, Season 2022-2023

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone is wrong on internet.png

Tap tap... this thing on? Ahem...

WELCOME BACK, EVERYONE!

It's one week until the season kicks off (someone might want to tell Jeff, you know how these minor things creep up on him) and that means the Weekend Prediction Game, Version 2022/2023, is upon us.

For those who wish to wallow in nostalgia, here - Weekend Prediction Game, Season 2021-2022 - is last year's competition thread, won by the splendid SGWolves.

The game is simple, and all are welcome. The rules are unchanged, but for any new players, this is the important bit:

Every week, sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday, unless I forget or am asleep, I will post 15 fixtures from the upcoming weekend. These will include all Premier League fixtures played on Saturday or Sunday plus a scattering of random ones from the Championship or European Leagues, depending on my whimsy. Your task, dear player, is to predict the scores from these fixtures. You score 5 points for every scoreline you get correct; 2 points for every result you get correct but by the wrong score; and 0 points for any fixture you get completely wrong. So, for example, if you predict Arsenal 1 Chelsea 1 and the game ends 1-1, you get 5 points; if it ends in a draw of any other scoreline, you get 2 points; and if the game is 1-1 going into the 8th minute of injury time and some utter wipe scores off his backside and it ends 2-1, you get naff all (yes, this will happen to you. So many, many times. Welcome to hell.)

BUT. THERE'S MORE. This >> * << is an asterisk. We love asterisks. Every week you get three of them, and you may allocate a precious asterisk to three different fixtures, and those fixtures score double for you. So, naff all still gets naff all, but a correct result / different score gets you 4 points instead of 2, and those rarest of things, a correct scoreline with an asterisk, well... that gets you 10 points, and trust me, it's like mainlining hot-sugar-dipped ringed doughnuts, it really is.

The deadline for entries is the time of first kick-off, usually 12.30 on Saturday. If I'm not at work on that day, I'll post a reminder for anyone who has forgotten their asterisks (it's easy to do, but don't do it, it hurts). Otherwise, you're on your own. If you forget them, you can't add them to other matches after the first kick-off, because rules, and fair's fair.

Results are posted on Monday or Tuesday after all fixtures are done. New fixtures are posted. Rinse and repeat. Weekly Winners are lauded and enter the Hall Of Fame, abject failures enter the Box Of Shame, and at the end of the season one player will be crowned overall Champion. Oh, and this year, we have a new competitor: His name is Mr Spoon. Mr Spoon will predict 1-1 for every single fixture, with asterisks on the first three non-PL games each week, for the sake of arbitrary statistical curiosity - and if on any given week you accrue less points than Mr Spoon, he will visit your room at night and silently stand over you and look through your eyelid membranes as you sleep, feeding upon your helpless prediction inability.

Mr Spoon.png

Good-natured squabbling rivalry is encouraged, but arguing and backbiting will result in disqualification, so save that for other threads, please. And for anyone who plays, thank you for your contribution and good luck!

PS With regard to Bribes, I'm afraid the only incentives I'll be accepting this year are brown paper envelopes containing Danielle Van De Donk. Thank you.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 29103

WELCOME BACK, EVERYONE!

It's one week until the season kicks off (someone might want to tell Jeff, you know how these minor things creep up on him) and that means the Weekend Prediction Game, Version 2022/2023, is upon us.

For those who wish to wallow in nostalgia, here - Weekend Prediction Game, Season 2021-2022 - is last year's competition thread, won by the splendid SGWolves.

The game is simple, and all are welcome. The rules are unchanged, but for any new players, this is the important bit:

Every week, sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday, unless I forget or am asleep, I will post 15 fixtures from the upcoming weekend. These will include all Premier League fixtures played on Saturday or Sunday plus a scattering of random ones from the Championship or European Leagues, depending on my whimsy. Your task, dear player, is to predict the scores from these fixtures. You score 5 points for every scoreline you get correct; 2 points for every result you get correct but by the wrong score; and 0 points for any fixture you get completely wrong. So, for example, if you predict Arsenal 1 Chelsea 1 and the game ends 1-1, you get 5 points; if it ends in a draw of any other scoreline, you get 2 points; and if the game is 1-1 going into the 8th minute of injury time and some utter wipe scores off his backside and it ends 2-1, you get naff all (yes, this will happen to you. So many, many times. Welcome to hell.)

BUT. THERE'S MORE. This >> * << is an asterisk. We love asterisks. Every week you get three of them, and you may allocate a precious asterisk to three different fixtures, and those fixtures score double for you. So, naff all still gets naff all, but a correct result / different score gets you 4 points instead of 2, and those rarest of things, a correct scoreline with an asterisk, well... that gets you 10 points, and trust me, it's like mainlining hot-sugar-dipped ringed doughnuts, it really is.

The deadline for entries is the time of first kick-off, usually 12.30 on Saturday. If I'm not at work on that day, I'll post a reminder for anyone who has forgotten their asterisks (it's easy to do, but don't do it, it hurts). Otherwise, you're on your own. If you forget them, you can't add them to other matches after the first kick-off, because rules, and fair's fair.

Results are posted on Monday or Tuesday after all fixtures are done. New fixtures are posted. Rinse and repeat. Weekly Winners are lauded and enter the Hall Of Fame, abject failures enter the Box Of Shame, and at the end of the season one player will be crowned overall Champion. Oh, and this year, we have a new competitor: His name is Mr Spoon. Mr Spoon will predict 1-1 for every single fixture, with asterisks on the first three non-PL games each week, for the sake of arbitrary statistical curiosity - and if on any given week you accrue less points than Mr Spoon, he will visit your room at night and silently stand over you and look through your eyelid membranes as you sleep, feeding upon your helpless prediction inability.

View attachment 29104

Good-natured squabbling rivalry is encouraged, but arguing and backbiting will result in disqualification, so save that for other threads, please. And for anyone who plays, thank you for your contribution and good luck!

PS With regard to Bribes, I'm afraid the only incentives I'll be accepting this year are brown paper envelopes containing Danielle Van De Donk. Thank you.
Top man doing this again. Missed about 4 weeks fixtures last season including last couple of weeks as was away and was immensely enjoyable.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice one! Much appreciated. Thanks for the razor sharp wit of TWITN to entertain on those (many) days when injury time goals swipe 10 points from our scores :D

Pre-season warm up prediction: Sporting Lisbon 2 Wolves 0. The result doesn't matter, it's all about getting those prediction brain cells (there are fewer than our squad size) up to match prediction fitness.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just completing my pre season warm ups so hopefully will be fully fit and ready to go for next week, Aims for the season try not to stupidly miss a week this time (my own fault) another top ten finish and a decent cup run though getting to the final again might be a tall order. And thanks for organising it again this season TWITN

Last edited:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
View attachment 29103

WELCOME BACK, EVERYONE!

View attachment 29104

Great news and thanks for running things again for this season.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Excellent news. Really appreciate the time and effort that goes into this, even if I veer between doing really well and doing crap. More ups and downs than the Corkscrew at Alton Towers!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Nice one! Much appreciated. Thanks for the razor sharp wit of TWITN to entertain on those (many) days when injury time goals swipe 10 points from our scores :D

Pre-season warm up prediction: Sporting Lisbon 2 Wolves 0. The result doesn't matter, it's all about getting those prediction brain cells (there are fewer than our squad size) up to match prediction fitness.
Already well behind Mr Spoon! ;)

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already well behind Mr Spoon! ;)

The inevitability of yesterday's 1-1 between us and Sporting, caused wholly by Contrarian's warm-up prediction, did make Mr Spoon laugh - in that eerie way only a fellow made of plastic and tin with no mouth can laugh - as he peered over the foot of Contrarian's bed at midnight.

Way to curse us all, Contrarian, I hope that you're proud.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Week 1, Sat 6th-Sun 7th August

Fulham~Liverpool
Bournemouth~Aston Villa
Leeds~Wolves
Newcastle~Nottingham Forest
Tottenham~Southampton
Everton~Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund~Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea~Blackburn
Bristol City~Sunderland
Leicester~Brentford
Man Utd~Brighton
West Ham~Man City
Coventry~Rotherham
Lille~Auxerre
Cologne~Schalke

It begins! Remember your three asterisks.

New players: cut/paste or quote the above fixture list, fill in your predictions, add an asterisk next to the score of three different matches for potential double points. Good luck!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score

Fulham1~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1~1Aston Villa
Leeds2~1Wolves
Newcastle2~1Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3~0*Southampton
Everton1~1Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~1Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City2~1Sunderland
Leicester2~0Brentford
Man Utd2~0*Brighton
West Ham1~1Man City
Coventry2~0Rotherham
Lille2~1Auxerre
Cologne2~1Schalke

Resisted the temptation of 1-1 for all of them!

lonewolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Fulham0~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1~1Aston Villa
Leeds0~0Wolves
Newcastle2~0Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3~1Southampton
Everton0~2Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~0*Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City0~1Sunderland
Leicester1~1Brentford
Man Utd2~1Brighton
West Ham0~2*Man City
Coventry2~1Rotherham
Lille2~0Auxerre
Cologne2~0Schalke

New players: cut/paste or quote the above fixture list, fill in your predictions, add an asterisk next to the score of three different matches for potential double points. Good luck!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The inevitability of yesterday's 1-1 between us and Sporting, caused wholly by Contrarian's warm-up prediction, did make Mr Spoon laugh - in that eerie way only a fellow made of plastic and tin with no mouth can laugh - as he peered over the foot of Contrarian's bed at midnight.

Way to curse us all, Contrarian, I hope that you're proud.

Ha! At one stage last season, I did wonder if just putting 1-1 for every match was better than predicting the unpredictable. Great that we will now get to see if Mr Spoon can put his money where his no mouth is. BTW How will he select his asterisks?

SuziQ

Reaction score
Fulham0-3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1-1Aston Villa
Leeds1-2*Wolves
Newcastle2-2Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3-2Southampton
Everton0-4Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund1-0Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea0-1Blackburn
Bristol City0-0Sunderland
Leicester1-2Brentford
Man Utd0-2*Brighton
West Ham1-2Man City
Coventry1-0Rotherham
Lille0-0Auxerre
Cologne1-1Schalke

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Fulham1~3Liverpool
Bournemouth2~1*Aston Villa
Leeds1~1Wolves
Newcastle2-0Nottingham Forest
Tottenham1~1*Southampton
Everton0~2Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~2Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea0~1Blackburn
Bristol City2~2Sunderland
Leicester1~0Brentford
Man Utd0~0Brighton
West Ham2~4*Man City
Coventry1-0Rotherham
Lille0~0Auxerre
Cologne1-0Schalke

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Fulham 1~4 Liverpool
Bournemouth 1~1 Aston Villa
Leeds 0~2 Wolves
Newcastle 2~1* Nottingham Forest
Tottenham 2~1* Southampton
Everton 1~1 Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund 1~1 Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea 1~0 Blackburn
Bristol City 0~0 Sunderland
Leicester 2~0* Brentford
Man Utd 3~0 Brighton
West Ham 1~3 Man City
Coventry 1~0 Rotherham
Lille 1~1 Auxerre
Cologne 2~1 Schalke

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham1 ~ 3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1 ~ 2Aston Villa
Leeds1 ~ 2Wolves
Newcastle1 ~ 2Nottingham Forest
Tottenham2 ~ 0*Southampton
Everton1 ~ 3Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund 2 ~ 1Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea2 ~ 1Blackburn
Bristol City1 ~ 2Sunderland
Leicester2 ~ 1Brentford
Man Utd3 ~ 2Brighton
West Ham1 ~ 2*Man City
Coventry3 ~ 1Rotherham
Lille2 ~ 1Auxerre
Cologne1 ~ 2Schalke

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham1~3*
Liverpool
Bournemouth1-1Aston Villa
Leeds0~2Wolves
Newcastle1-1Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3-0Southampton
Everton0-2*Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2-2Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea2-2Blackburn
Bristol City1-2Sunderland
Leicester0-0Brentford
Man Utd2-1*Brighton
West Ham1~1Man City
Coventry2-1Rotherham
Lille3-1Auxerre
Cologne1-1Schalke

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

Fulham*0~2Liverpool
Bournemouth1~2Aston Villa
Leeds0~1Wolves
Tottenham*2~0Southampton
Everton*0~2Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund1~0Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City1~1Sunderland
Leicester1~0Brentford
Man Utd2~0Brighton
West Ham1~2Man City
Coventry1~0Rotherham
Lille2~0Auxerre
Cologne1~1Schalke

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham1~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1~1*Aston Villa
Leeds1~2Wolves
Newcastle0~1Nottingham Forest
Tottenham2~1Southampton
Everton1~3Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~0Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City1~2Sunderland
Leicester2~1*Brentford
Man Utd2~0Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry2~0Rotherham
Lille1~1Auxerre
Cologne1~1Schalke

Cheers

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham0~3*Liverpool
Leeds2~1Wolves
Tottenham3~0*Southampton
Everton1~2*Chelsea
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Leicester2~0Brentford
Man Utd2~0Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry1~1Rotherham
Lille1~0Auxerre
Cologne1~2Schalke

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Fulham0 ~ 2Liverpool
Bournemouth2 ~ 2Aston Villa
Leeds0 ~ 2Wolves
Newcastle3 ~ 2*Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3 ~ 0*Southampton
Everton1 ~ 1Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund1 ~ 1Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea0 ~ 1Blackburn
Bristol City0 ~ 0Sunderland
Leicester0 ~ 1Brentford
Man Utd3 ~ 0*Brighton
West Ham1 ~ 2Man City
Coventry2 ~ 0Rotherham
Lille1 ~ 1Auxerre
Cologne1 ~ 2Schalke

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Fulham0-3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1-0Aston Villa
Leeds1-2*Wolves
Newcastle2-2Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3-0Southampton
Everton0-3Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2-1Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1-1Blackburn
Bristol City1-2*Sunderland
Leicester0-0Brentford
Man Utd2-1Brighton
West Ham1-3Man City
Coventry2-0Rotherham
Lille2-0Auxerre
Cologne0-0Schalke

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham0~2Liverpool
Leeds0~2Wolves
Tottenham2~0Southampton
Everton1~2*Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~1*Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City0~0Sunderland
Leicester2~0*Brentford
Man Utd2~0Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry1~0Rotherham
Lille2~1Auxerre
Cologne1~2Schalke

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score

Fulham1~3Liverpool
Bournemouth2~2Aston Villa
Leeds1~1Wolves
Newcastle2~1Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3~0*Southampton
Everton0~2Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~0*Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~2Blackburn
Bristol City0~1Sunderland
Leicester1~1Brentford
Man Utd2~1*Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry0~2Rotherham
Lille1~0Auxerre
Cologne2~2Schalke

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Week 1 - The "Dear sweet baby Issa" fixtures - Sat 6th-Sun 7th August

Fulham1~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth0~1Aston Villa
Leeds1~1Wolves
Newcastle2~0*Nottingham Forest
Tottenham2~1*Southampton
Everton1~2Chelsea
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Leicester0~0Brentford
Man Utd2~0Brighton
West Ham1~2Man City
Coventry2~1Rotherham
Lille2~1Auxerre
Cologne1~1Schalke

It begins! Remember your trousers!

Noobs: Just make it up as you go along, fill in your zany predictions, add an asterisk next to every match for potential double points. Good luck, the world is like a lovely shiny oyster without the smell!

Mowtown.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham0~3Liverpool
Leeds2~0Wolves
Newcastle3~1Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3~0*Southampton
Everton1~2*Chelsea
Swansea1~1*Blackburn
Leicester1~1Brentford
Man Utd2~1Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry2~0Rotherham
Lille2~0Auxerre
Cologne1~1Schalke

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham0~3Liverpool
Leeds1~1Wolves
Newcastle3~0*Nottingham Forest
Tottenham4~1Southampton
Everton1~2Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund3~1Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea2~2*Blackburn
Bristol City1~0Sunderland
Leicester0~0Brentford
Man Utd2~1Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry2~0*Rotherham
Lille2~2Auxerre
Cologne2~0Schalke

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham1~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth0~2Aston Villa
Leeds1~4Wolves
Tottenham2~0Southampton
Everton0~2*Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2~0Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City1~1Sunderland
Leicester0~1Brentford
Man Utd0~0Brighton
West Ham1~3*Man City
Coventry1~1Rotherham
Lille2~0Auxerre
Cologne1~1Schalke

Thanks as always TWITN.

geowolf

Reaction score

Fulham1-3Liverpool
Bournemouth2-1Aston Villa
Leeds1-3*Wolves
Newcastle3-0Nottingham Forest
Tottenham2-2Southampton
Everton1-2Chelsea
Borussia Dortmund2-0Bayer Leverkusen
Swansea1-1*Blackburn
Bristol City0-0Sunderland
Leicester1-2Brentford
Man Utd1-1Brighton
West Ham2-0Man City
Coventry2-0Rotherham
Lille2-1Auxerre
Cologne3-1*Schalke

Don Corleone

Reaction score

Fulham1~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth2~2Aston Villa
Leeds3~0Wolves
Tottenham*3~1Southampton
Everton1~2*Chelsea
Swansea1~1Blackburn
Bristol City1~2Sunderland
Leicester2~2Brentford
Man Utd~Brighton
West Ham1~3Man City
Coventry2~0Rotherham
Lille1~1Auxerre
Cologne3~1Schalke

Here we go!!!

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Fulham1~3*Liverpool
Bournemouth1~0Aston Villa
Leeds2~1Wolves
Newcastle1~1Nottingham Forest
Tottenham3~1*Southampton
Everton0~4*Chelsea
Swansea0~0Blackburn
Bristol City1~0Sunderland