Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think at the moment he is suited to tracking back and breaking forward from deep positions, which is where Traore tends to excel. He is not particularly quick and he clearly needs to get to grips with the physicality of it. But sometimes when he gets the ball around the penalty you see him look to play really sharp, incisive 'pass and move' type plays that just havent really come off yet.

He hasnt quite linked up with Jimenez, who is also missing someone to play off and have play off him in the way Jota, Doherty and Neto did, in my opinion. A bit like Podence, I reckon his best work will be done in and around the penalty area. In terms of how long it could take to adapt to the PL, when you look at Man City players often dont get much game time to begin with as they are integrated. Cancelo being a case in point. I think we should have a bit of patience with Trincao and sign him. The addition of a dynamic midfielder so that he doesnt need to win or receive the ball in his own half so much could make all the difference to him and, for that matter, the whole team.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

In the current market 25m gets you…..a 30 year old Chris wood.
Which is a better deal than a 30 million trincao.
For me it's either spending 30 million in the hope that someone becomes an average premier league player in trincao or spending 25 million on an average Premier league player.
I really don't see the outstanding talent there. He kinda reminds of Kyle lafferty.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is a better deal than a 30 million trincao.
For me it's either spending 30 million in the hope that someone becomes an average premier league player in trincao or spending 25 million on an average Premier league player.
I really don't see the outstanding talent there. He kinda reminds of Kyle lafferty.
To me he lacks what you cannot teach - bottle.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also remember him chasing back (knackered) to put in a decent slide tackle on their left back in the second half.

Even just before he wins the ball back for the goal, he does to hold off the defender (showing bottle and strength) before nut meeting the saints player to get the ball to Podence.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even just before he wins the ball back for the goal, he does to hold off the defender (showing bottle and strength) before nut meeting the saints player to get the ball to Podence.
He’s got something, that’s for sure. Like I said, he really doesn’t need to bulk up - he just needs to think and act quicker at times.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yikes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-16 10.27.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-16 10.27.40.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 145

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree he lacks bottle and he works hard for the team. He lacks strength and confidence where it matters though.

He's far better than adama in terms of teamwork and I can understand playing him against mid table sides then using adama to punish tired legs.

However, he still barely ever actually causes problems whereas adama and podence, for all their faults, genuinely do.

He needs more time and maybe a bit of luck. He's also come a bit since one of the worst individual performances I'd seen for years vs Norwich. He was appalling there. We need to see him breaking into the box, taking shots, etc.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree he lacks bottle and he works hard for the team. He lacks strength and confidence where it matters though.

He's far better than adama in terms of teamwork and I can understand playing him against mid table sides then using adama to punish tired legs.

However, he still barely ever actually causes problems whereas adama and podence, for all their faults, genuinely do.

He needs more time and maybe a bit of luck. He's also come a bit since one of the worst individual performances I'd seen for years vs Norwich. He was appalling there. We need to see him breaking into the box, taking shots, etc.
He needs more quality really. I don't see anything in his game that will trouble premier league defenders. If barca hadn't signed him nobody would have cared.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs more quality really. I don't see anything in his game that will trouble premier league defenders. If barca hadn't signed him nobody would have cared.
He is developing and slowly toughing up. A away to go especially in confidence in shooting. I suspect he will be comfortably good enough for the Prem whether he is right for Wolves is different. Happy to have him at present.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Static, yes static large proportions of the game just standing in the same position not reacting to the game around him or looking lost. Gets caught in possession, and is very easily dispossessed.

His best games were early on in the season. He was very poor today and I'd rather we see one our youngsters given the time if we aren't going to play traore.

He doesn't look to have that spark or special something that our other youngsters who have emerged like neto, silva, RAN and further back Costa.

I really don't see how people are stating his defensive contribution either.
Not true, watched the game again..

As the commentary team were saying he was very good first half. Of course he did fade second half but give credit were credit is due...

People will criticise his mistakes more than other players because of who he is. All players make mistakes..

Over the top criticism.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More quality? Technically he’s brilliant, yes there are some question marks over his physicality, but I think this is overplayed, at the highest level skill and technical ability are king, the big oafs are playing in the lower divisions.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More quality? Technically he’s brilliant, yes there are some question marks over his physicality, but I think this is overplayed, at the highest level skill and technical ability are king, the big oafs are playing in the lower divisions.
Am I missing something? His technical ability really doesn't look anything to write home about. He's got a nice touch, and his passing is okay, but at the moment I'm not seeing anything more than that. From his youth record you'd expect him to be a good finisher too striker, but I haven't seen that so far.
Physically, does he get knocked off the ball that much? I don't think so. Norwich was his worst game; was he up against a bruiser then? Genuinely can't remember. When he loses the ball it is usually turning into trouble, which doesn't indicate a physical thing to me.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I have nothing particularly against Trincao, and don't like to knock players too much. My main issues are that, given how he ended last season and played pre-season, i would prefer to have seen MGW given his place and honestly think he would have provided more, and unless things change, would prefer that start of next season.

And igiven the supposed stance on spending, just feel that the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Part of me wonders if we signed him to take Neto's place for a year, plus the expectation Traore would go.

We've now signed another winger/forward and if Neto came back to being anything like his old self then Neto, Podence, Raul would surely be main front 3. Leaving potentially Traore, Trincao, Hwang, MGW, Silva, Chiquino (sp). Even if we were in Europe it would be too many, and made up of one we have heavily invested in and need to see progress, one out on loan, of our own, who could be very useful but may not want to stay if no game time, one back from serious injury, one that may be sold or out of contract, one new signing that is an unknown, and 2 currently on loan that would require around £40m to bring in

There is no rush to make decisions on either of the loan forwards, and think the rest of the season should dictate what happens

As of yet Trincao has not won me over, and yeah i'm biased, would prefer MGW.

Though i hope he has a great second half of the season and gives us something to think about

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel like there is something there but unless he starts showing it more then we cant take the risk of shelling out 25m when funds are tight. He is lacking confidence for sure.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He ain't got a right foot, that's for sure.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Barca actually want to sign Adama, and Bruno is dead set on signing Trincao we should just do a straight swap imo. I like Trincao, think he is a good player but i'm not convinced he will fully adapt to the English game. In saying that the likes of Silva, Drogba and Henry for example didnt exactly hit the ground running when they first moved over here.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Barca actually want to sign Adama, and Bruno is dead set on signing Trincao we should just do a straight swap imo. I like Trincao, think he is a good player but i'm not convinced he will fully adapt to the English game. In saying that the likes of Silva, Drogba and Henry for example didnt exactly hit the ground running when they first moved over here.
Personally I would keep traore and let him go on a free in 18 months if a Trincao straight swap is the deal

You literally say he isn’t suited to the English game, which he isn’t. So why on earth would we pay 20m for him.

I would rather take our chances on chinquo or kawabe and use the 20m towards the essential CM pot

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for Trincao. He's a cracking player, bags of skill with loads of further potential. He's adjusting to his first Prem League, and all he appears to be getting from the fans is pelters because he's not Adama Traore.

I can't wait for Adama to just disappear so this constant need for him to be on the pitch at any cost can disappear with him.

Trincao is easily a more gifted player than Adama, he easily has a better footballing brain and he works harder than him in every aspect. He also clearly needs a summer in the gym on the same program Neto had that year.

He'll never be able to do right though, because he's not Adama Traore.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would keep traore and let him go on a free in 18 months if a Trincao straight swap is the deal

You literally say he isn’t suited to the English game, which he isn’t. So why on earth would we pay 20m for him.

I would rather take our chances on chinquo or kawabe and use the 20m towards the essential CM pot

I havent said that at all. I've never, ever said he wont adapt to the English game. He hasnt yet totally and i'm not sure he will, but thats not me saying he isnt suited. Only time will tell there,

As i mentioned earlier, plenty of good players have made ordinary starts to their careers in England and took time to adapt. Your boy was pretty hopeless when he first came to this country. In fact, he had to drop down to the championship to even start to find his feet here. Some of you lot need to accept not every player adapts and develops at rapid rates. Some take a little longer.

And it makes perfect sense to swap Adama for Trincao. Straight swap, Adama doesnt want to stay here, he's publicly said he wants to go back to Barca. Trincao is a player Bruno must rate has he signed him. He's spoken very positive about him and that he thinks he can improve him. Like it or not, if Bruno thinks he can get the best out of him, we will sign him, so a straight swap makes perfect sense. We are more than likely sign him anyway so use a more expendable player to get him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent said that at all. I've never, ever said he wont adapt to the English game. He hasnt yet totally and i'm not sure he will, but thats not me saying he isnt suited. Only time will tell there,

As i mentioned earlier, plenty of good players have made ordinary starts to their careers in England and took time to adapt. Your boy was pretty hopeless when he first came to this country. In fact, he had to drop down to the championship to even start to find his feet here. Some of you lot need to accept not every player adapts and develops at rapid rates. Some take a little longer.

And it makes perfect sense to swap Adama for Trincao. Straight swap, Adama doesnt want to stay here, he's publicly said he wants to go back to Barca. Trincao is a player Bruno must rate has he signed him. He's spoken very positive about him and that he thinks he can improve him. Like it or not, if Bruno thinks he can get the best out of him, we will sign him, so a straight swap makes perfect sense. We are more than likely sign him anyway so use a more expendable player to get him.
We’ve just spent 3.5m on a forward.

Jimenez
Silva

Neto
Chinquo
Podence

Seems to me it’s a choice between hwang and Trincao

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve just spent 3.5m on a forward.

Jimenez
Silva

Neto
Chinquo
Podence

Seems to me it’s a choice between hwang and Trincao

Chiquinho isnt going to be first team ready for a while. Wouldnt surprise me to see him back at Estoril for the rest of the season tbh.

Bruno likes both Hwang and Trincao so we will sign both if thats how he wants to go. I think if Bruno is made to choose he will go with Trincao as he has a higher ceiling than Hwang. Will all depend though who he thinks he can get more out of but i'd say it would be Trincao.

Considering the Trincao fee is estimated to be 25 million, and Adama's rumoured fee is around the 20 million mark, makes sense to swap them.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for Trincao. He's a cracking player, bags of skill with loads of further potential. He's adjusting to his first Prem League, and all he appears to be getting from the fans is pelters because he's not Adama Traore.

I can't wait for Adama to just disappear so this constant need for him to be on the pitch at any cost can disappear with him.

Trincao is easily a more gifted player than Adama, he easily has a better footballing brain and he works harder than him in every aspect. He also clearly needs a summer in the gym on the same program Neto had that year.

He'll never be able to do right though, because he's not Adama Traore.
Yet one is wanted by Barcelona and the other one isn’t.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him pressing helps contribute to us getting the penalty.

Watched that again just to check.

I started this post with the intention laying into Trincao, because generally I think he has regularly been the worse player on the pitch - and I thought he had another **** poor game again. He is too lightweight and lacks bottle and rarely contributes to our offensive play.

I can thing of a dozen ways of spending the reported £25m than buying him right now - But he could come good. I felt the same way about Semedo last season but he has now a worthy Premier league player and he has cut out the mistakes.

Now going back to the penalty, having watched it again he did attempt to close down the player. He sprinted towards the player in possession, slowed down before he got there (so not to get hurt) then missed the ball - but in fairness his presence made the player mis-control the ball and another wolves player nicked it up and Trincao ambled into the box watching the action unfold.

So I will give him this one, he was on the pitch and got him self near a player (the wrong side for a half ***** tackle) and "forced" the opposition into a mistake.

But I still think he is largely a waste of a shirt - I would much rather see what Giles can do or play Adama.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet one is wanted by Barcelona and the other one isn’t.

Well, Barcelona sold one of them and were also rumored ( with about as much substance as the transfer link ) to want to bring the other one back from his loan

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho isnt going to be first team ready for a while. Wouldnt surprise me to see him back at Estoril for the rest of the season tbh.

Bruno likes both Hwang and Trincao so we will sign both if thats how he wants to go. I think if Bruno is made to choose he will go with Trincao as he has a higher ceiling than Hwang. Will all depend though who he thinks he can get more out of but i'd say it would be Trincao.

Considering the Trincao fee is estimated to be 25 million, and Adama's rumoured fee is around the 20 million mark, makes sense to swap them.
We have Trincao until the end of the season so that’s fine

We don’t need 5 wide players for 2 positions . Particularly with Mgw deserving a come back too who can cover multiple roles.

Take the 20 million and strengthen centre mid!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have Trincao until the end of the season so that’s fine

We don’t need 5 wide players for 2 positions . Particularly with Mgw deserving a come back too who can cover multiple roles.

Take the 20 million and strengthen centre mid!

I would as well, but i reckon if the opportunity for a straight swap come up i think we will take it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom