Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Walsall

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had to logout to see your comment @Burton Wolf.. I got you on ignore no wonder with crazy comments like that :)

Btw I forgot to add my best mate at school & best man when I got married is a Walsall Fan and he never hated Wolves or me obviously ;)
You must have to do a lot of logging out, why bother?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate is a very strong word that gets banded about far too easily these days.

I hate what Putin’s doing in Ukraine ... otherwise I’m very much in the John Lennon mould these days.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never knew any Walsall fans years ago and just noticed that whenever their score came through at Molineux it would always be greeted warmly if they'd won. Then I went to Fellows Park, honestly imagining we might receive the same in response. I was somewhat surprised to find them abusing us for most of the game. I guess it's just the inevitable inferiority complex. Always found it odd that they have such a poor club in such a strong footballing area, just destroyed by being surrounded by big clubs (and Albion) I guess.
I think that the crap started when their then owner (Wheldon?) proposed merging the two clubs and playing at Fellows Park when we went bust in 1982.

Edited to add: Wiki claims that he wanted to ground share Molineux; either way..... He tried to move them to St Andrews later....

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had to logout to see your comment @Burton Wolf.. I got you on ignore no wonder with crazy comments like that :)

Btw I forgot to add my best mate at school & best man when I got married is a Walsall Fan and he never hated Wolves or me obviously ;)
I have never met a Walsall fan who firstly didn't hate Wolves and secondly wasn't an utter and complete ****.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses, some more helpful than others! Have no idea who Lindsey is so that post has passed me by! I think I'll play safe and keep out of the way; I'm not taking my Wolves stuff off the walls and if he comes after 1.30 I'll be watching us beat WHU!
Try searching on here - you will find the Lindsay rant fast enough....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always liked Walsall and want them to do reasonably well
I always look for their result, vast majority of Wolves fans going back to the seventies always wanted to Walsall to do well. It was not until late eighties and our demise when we started playing them for a while that there was a few Wolves fans taking a dislike to them
For me they are the only West Midlands team that I don’t hate(obviously not Wolves as well just in case some smart **** throws that in LOL)
They hate us though....

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Walsall have become an irrelevance. They were briefly a pain when they operated at the same level as us in the 1985/6 and late 90's, early naughties and the more recent Div 1 season. They want to be our rivals, we didn't even know they disliked us until we tumbled into their world. We are as far away from Walsall as we have been in a very long time.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall have become an irrelevance. They were briefly a pain when they operated at the same level as us in the 1985/6 and late 90's, early naughties and the more recent Div 1 season. They want to be our rivals, we didn't even know they disliked us until we tumbled into their world. We are as far away from Walsall as we have been in a very long time.
Exactly. It's a bit like the Scots and Welsh football teams. They desperately want to regard England as rivals (which we possibly were in the Home International era) while we're focussed on Germany, Italy, Brazil etc etc.....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did you watch wolves in league 1 against Walsall ?
NO! I was living 150 miles from Wolvo then and got to many home games that season but only a handful of away games, mainly in the South. I specifically remember Swindon away, 4-1 when I saw a very rare Leon Clarke goal! I apologise to you for being a part-time fan.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You have me on ignore then go out of your way to see what I posted. Comedy gold :)

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Hi northnorfolkwolf.

Read the thread below which you contributed to.

Walsall fans booed the minutes silence for Billy Wrights death.

candakey

Reaction score
Because we played Walsall home and away that season. I’m guessing you didn’t go to either of those games if you have to start a thread asking about wether Walsall fans like wolves fans.

I think we also played them in the Johnstones Paint Trophy or whatever its called

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Hi northnorfolkwolf.

Read the thread below which you contributed to.

Walsall fans booed the minutes silence for Billy Wrights death.
Got distracted by the amount of people posting on that thread who don’t post anymore :(

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may help with context.

When we had dropped down we narrowly beat them once (may have been a draw, I've slept since then) and they were going to teach us a lesson on the pitch when they got us to the Bescot. We pulled their trousers down, kicked off Lindsay's breakdown and I laughed like a loon. Enjoy:

Edit: looks like we lost at molineux. How very Wolves. I do recall how they were going to thrash us at their place. Oops.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
I don't know how you get yourself in to the awful predicament of being a Walsall fan...
It's a team I often forget exists... like Stockport County, there is literally nothing notable about them.

If he is a Walsall fan and you're gifting him toys then he's hardly likely to bite you!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'd better not mention Stephen Ward then, plying his trade at Walsall currently. One of a long list of Wolves players you didn't rate. Then again as he is at the end of his career, you might finally have found someone to agree with you.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are a vile little club with a bunch of vile little supporters and i hope they slide out of the league. Cant stand them.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Aldridge and there is very few. I know of one in the pubs I visit.

But then growing up in Short Heath then Pelsall, there was the fair few over that end. And yes, as mentioned, they hate Wolves with venom. Its brilliant.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first real Walsall fan I met and got to know was a guy I considered to be a nice bloke. I was working with him and we worked in West Brom at the time. After I'd been there about 3 or 4 weeks he found out I'm a Wolves fan and one lunch time he launched himself into a tirade of nastiness towards Wolves, even calling me the 'c' word.
As I'd only been there a few weeks I considered letting it go but he just wouldn't stop and kept on getting worse so I had to put my food down. It's serious when food gets put down.
Anyway, after the event and while working he came up to me and apologised saying that he can't control his emotions regarding Wolves and that most other Walsall fans are like it.
He hated it that in West Brom there were 5 Albion fans who he didn't mind one bit but 3 Wolves fans he couldn't fathom. Why would Wolves be in Sandwell? One of us was his gaffa too which made me larf.

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
I would say there are 4-5 times as many Wolves in Sandwell as there are Albion in Wolves.
Definitely I know loads of lads from Tipton princes end the tibby estate big wolves area that part of north sandwell.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, has NNW reported back? How did the visit go from the nasty man from Walsall?
Hi Reans, I wasn't going to report back as I thought there was little to add. I kept a low profile when the guy arrived (in fact the WHU game was on!) and after he left it turns out he was originally from Wolves but now lives in Walsall.
On a side note it's a really nice story in that they have a 6 week old baby that has been born with quite severe club feet (quite alarming when you see the photos) and she is now faced with a series of upcoming painful operations to correct the deformity. His wife went on a baby website asking for breast milk as she cannot produce it. My daughter in law, who seems to produce gallons of the stuff for my grand daughter, contacted her and offered her a freezer full of milk. That was the reason for the trip. I hope you agree, a heartening story of kindness by strangers which is pretty topical right now when we see images from the Polish border. We will now keep in touch with this couple to see how things go for their baby.

R

reanswolf

Definitely I know loads of lads from Tipton princes end the tibby estate big wolves area that part of north sandwell.
Defo mate. I remember World Cup when Bully was in the squad and everyone had union jacks up on their windows, this was obviously some time ago but must have been about 30 Wolves flags and only about 15 Albion flags. I was picking a mate up from work who was doing some modernisations on the houses. Anyway, I was amazed how much support Wolves had in Tipton, that end of it anyway, especially around the Tibby.

Also know quite a lot from Wednesbury but its not got the same numbers of Wolves as Tipton.

I'm sure there is a consistent smattering of Bennies in Bilston, but its not like Tipton which is pretty split especially Princes End.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Defo mate. I remember World Cup when Bully was in the squad and everyone had union jacks up on their windows, this was obviously some time ago but must have been about 30 Wolves flags and only about 15 Albion flags. I was picking a mate up from work who was doing some modernisations on the houses. Anyway, I was amazed how much support Wolves had in Tipton, that end of it anyway, especially around the Tibby.

Also know quite a lot from Wednesbury but its not got the same numbers of Wolves as Tipton.

I'm sure there is a consistent smattering of Bennies in Bilston, but its not like Tipton which is pretty split especially Princes End.
My mate once invited me up the Princes End. I said "no, but thank you"

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how you get yourself in to the awful predicament of being a Walsall fan...
It's a team I often forget exists... like Stockport County, there is literally nothing notable about them.

If he is a Walsall fan and you're gifting him toys then he's hardly likely to bite you!

I used to live fairly close to Edgeley Park.

They occasionally get crowds close to the numbers that Albion are currently getting

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Hi Reans, I wasn't going to report back as I thought there was little to add. I kept a low profile when the guy arrived (in fact the WHU game was on!) and after he left it turns out he was originally from Wolves but now lives in Walsall.
On a side note it's a really nice story in that they have a 6 week old baby that has been born with quite severe club feet (quite alarming when you see the photos) and she is now faced with a series of upcoming painful operations to correct the deformity. His wife went on a baby website asking for breast milk as she cannot produce it. My daughter in law, who seems to produce gallons of the stuff for my grand daughter, contacted her and offered her a freezer full of milk. That was the reason for the trip. I hope you agree, a heartening story of kindness by strangers which is pretty topical right now when we see images from the Polish border. We will now keep in touch with this couple to see how things go for their baby.
I googled club foot and found out that tutankhamuns family were Albion fans

New Theory on Tutankhamun's Death

Back
Top Bottom