Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Virus and the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
It is worrying with the numbers but thankfully the rise doesn’t seem to be reflected with hospital admissions. Hopefully all fans stay safe and were still allowed at the games.
Hopefully those vulnerable are vaccinated and will be less impacted if they catch it.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's take a break and get all our injured players back. Ironically, it could be a blessing.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People need to learn to live with covid Iv had it. Not nice but I survived. Stop being scared by the media live your normal life.

I hope all games and with fans can continue if not it will impact clubs financially again
If only it was that simple. The more that get it the more will end up in hospitals, blocking beds and it could easily reach the point where there aren’t enough beds for those that need them. The “I survived” viewpoint is somewhat short-sighted to say the least. Just wondering what happened to the most important thing being that people staying alive as opposed to watching a game live?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only it was that simple. The more that get it the more will end up in hospitals, blocking beds and it could easily reach the point where there aren’t enough beds for those that need them. The “I survived” viewpoint is somewhat short-sighted to say the least. Just wondering what happened to the most important thing being that people staying alive as opposed to watching a game live?
Sorry but if you want to lockdown forever then you are part of the problem

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
QPR vs Sheffield United tonight has been postponed (QPR had 10 out).

Can only see it getting worse before getting better.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lockdown is the only sensible option. I have many relatives in their 70s and 80s who i fear for. We should be thinking about the older generations.
If we lockdown every year then we may as well all just top ourselves in reality because this will never actually end covid is never going away. There is no cure

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Brighton play Wolves in the Premier League on Wednesday and Seagulls chief executive Paul Barber said he hoped that, as long as fans followed new measures, there would be no return of restrictions on numbers attending games. Barber said Brighton supporters would have to complete a pre-match online declaration and "ideally" wear masks inside the stadium."

Get ready people..... Premier League season is going to grind to a halt, then we've got a world cup next year in the middle of the season

Bonkers

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Brighton play Wolves in the Premier League on Wednesday and Seagulls chief executive Paul Barber said he hoped that, as long as fans followed new measures, there would be no return of restrictions on numbers attending games. Barber said Brighton supporters would have to complete a pre-match online declaration and "ideally" wear masks inside the stadium."

Get ready people..... Premier League season is going to grind to a halt, then we've got a world cup next year in the middle of the season

Bonkers
Where was that said?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lockdown every year then we may as well all just top ourselves in reality because this will never actually end covid is never going away. There is no cure

What hardships are the rather soft UK lockdowns imposing? I'm as fed up as Covid as anyone, but I don't see some restrictions in shops/bars/restaurants and having to wear a face mask as destroying life so much, I might as well not live at all. I must be missing something as these Covid lockdowns seem *nothing* compared to what people went through during world war 2?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs only have 13 players for Thursday's match according to Telegraph

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lockdown is the only sensible option. I have many relatives in their 70s and 80s who i fear for. We should be thinking about the older generations.
It's the 6m (and counting) people on the NHS backlog I fear for. We can't just keep going into lockdown. I understand further restrictions, but even those can't go on forever. When does it end?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this does become a problem then Wolves will have to recall their loan players whether they like it or not.

Clubs will also have to use their under 23 players.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What hardships are the rather soft UK lockdowns imposing? I'm as fed up as Covid as anyone, but I don't see some restrictions in shops/bars/restaurants and having to wear a face mask as destroying life so much, I might as well not live at all. I must be missing something as these Covid lockdowns seem *nothing* compared to what people went through during world war 2?

A blackout? What are the chances of a bomb landing on MY head?

We need to learn to live with the blitz, it's not going away, so if we're going to have to keep the lights off late at night we may as well top ourselves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this does become a problem then Wolves will have to recall their loan players whether they like it or not.

Clubs will also have to use their under 23 players.
Can only call players back in the window if the loan deal permits that. Some don't.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
You're the problem. "Living with Covid" and doing nothing keeps the cycle going. I think the people who want to ignore Covid are the ones that are most scared. It's like they want to wish it all away and pretend it's not happening and everything will be okay. In the meantime, people get ill, hospitals get over run, more people die or become long-term ill, and businessess and the economy suffer. At the moment, mitigations ARE about learning to live with Covid, not by just ignoring it like the thick as mince brigade always harp on about. Eventually we will then learn to live with it as worldwide vaccinations kick in and we gradually become more immune to Covid. The virus doesn't get milder, it's our immune systems learn to fight it off. That's how it will seem milder. We can do that gradual in ways that save lives and protect our most vulnerable from getting ill.

Was speaking to a guy from Swansea last month when I was in Wales, he used to be on that documentary called The Call Centre (known as 'Big Nev'). He'd just been talking at an anti Covid restrictions rally in Cardiff. Had a long chat with him and he kept saying "We need to live with Covid and not be scared." Unfortunately, Big Nev died on Sunday night of Covid. I guess he didn't learn to live with it.

Nobody wants a lockdown and I doubt we'll be locking down as we did previously. We want people to be vaccinated to help them from being hospitalised (research has shown the vaccine is better protection than previous infections when it comes to Omicron), to isolate when testing positive or showing symptoms, and to wear good quality masks in crowded areas. This will help us to keep our NHS open and able to save lives from all sorts of diseases and traumas (from cancer to road traffic accidents, to COVID). If we all did that we can avoid lockdowns. However mild or severe Omicron turns out to be, we do know, the more infections the more hospitalisations. A small percentage of a a huge amount of infections will mean a massive rise in hospitalisations.

Do that and we'll all still be able to attend games. This issue is players getting infected and being unable to play for safety reasons.

Still, you could get your advice from the likes of Right Said Fred. Personally, I'm listening to what the virologists say is the best way out of it.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone in power seems to be ignoring the information from South Africa that this variant is more transmissible, but milder.
With the vaccination rate that we have in this country we should just be cracking on, and just isolating those with it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A blackout? What are the chances of a bomb landing on MY head?

We need to learn to live with the blitz, it's not going away, so if we're going to have to keep the lights off late at night we may as well top ourselves.

It is amazing what pampered poodles we've become. Imagine what would happen if rationing came in these days.

And those who did black there windows out and switch all lights out. They were "part of the problem" of course. If you're going to sit in the dark, you may as well invite Mr Hitler round for tea anyway. Well, that's what people would say nowadays:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're the problem. "Living with Covid" and doing nothing keeps the cycle going. I think the people who want to ignore Covid are the ones that are most scared. It's like they want to wish it all away and pretend it's not happening and everything will be okay. In the meantime, people get ill, hospitals get over run, more people die or become long-term ill, and businessess and the economy suffer. At the moment, mitigations ARE about learning to live with Covid, not by just ignoring it like the thick as mince brigade always harp on about. Eventually we will then learn to live with it as worldwide vaccinations kick in and we gradually become more immune to Covid. The virus doesn't get milder, it's our immune systems learn to fight it off. That's how it will seem milder. We can do that gradual in ways that save lives and protect our most vulnerable from getting ill.

Was speaking to a guy from Swansea last month when I was in Wales, he used to be on that documentary called The Call Centre (known as 'Big Nev'). He'd just been talking at an anti Covid restrictions rally in Cardiff. Had a long chat with him and he kept saying "We need to live with Covid and not be scared." Unfortunately, Big Nev died on Sunday night of Covid. I guess he didn't learn to live with it.

Nobody wants a lockdown and I doubt we'll be locking down as we did previously. We want people to be vaccinated to help them from being hospitalised (research has shown the vaccine is better protection than previous infections when it comes to Omicron), to isolate when testing positive or showing symptoms, and to wear good quality masks in crowded areas. This will help us to keep our NHS open and able to save lives from all sorts of diseases and traumas (from cancer to road traffic accidents, to COVID). If we all did that we can avoid lockdowns. However mild or severe Omicron turns out to be, we do know, the more infections the more hospitalisations. A small percentage of a a huge amount of infections will mean a massive rise in hospitalisations.

Do that and we'll all still be able to attend games. This issue is players getting infected and being unable to play for safety reasons.

Still, you could get your advice from the likes of Right Said Fred. Personally, I'm listening to what the virologists say is the best way out of it.
Keep living in fear you sound petrified

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People need to learn to live with covid Iv had it. Not nice but I survived. Stop being scared by the media live your normal life.

I hope all games and with fans can continue if not it will impact clubs financially again

Not everyone has. Your comment is frankly in pretty poor taste given the 146,000 U.K. dead to date.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone in power seems to be ignoring the information from South Africa that this variant is more transmissible, but milder.
With the vaccination rate that we have in this country we should just be cracking on, and just isolating those with it.
Firstly South Africa has very different demographics to UK, hence the caution.

Secondly l have three vested interests in this:
- The wife of one of my staff works in the hospital where the first UK Omicron victim died. He has health issues himself and is seriously scared for himself and his family.
- I am one of the ever growing NHS waiting list waiting for an operation.
- I have an elderly mother in very poor health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom