Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Virgil van Dijk hands Liverpool injury boost ahead of Champions League final by declaring himself fit for Paris showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Hutchinson

VIRGIL VAN DIJK is fit to start the Champions League final on Saturday.

The Liverpool defender was taken off before extra-time in the FA Cup final win over Chelsea with a hamstring injury — and was then an unused substitute for Sunday’s 3-1 win over Wolves.

Jurgen Klopp will be delighted to have Virgil van Dijk back in his defence
Getty

But Dutch star Van Dijk said: “I’m fine, absolutely fine. No issues and I am very excited for Saturday, of course.”

Asked whether having a break had helped him, VVD, 30, added: “Yes, physically, definitely.

“My body is enjoying a little bit of rest after playing so many games, so many tense moments.

“And I think getting a little knock in the FA Cup final was maybe a sign that my body needed to have a rest.

Read More Football

'GOOD CHANCE'

Klopp believes Thiago WILL be fit for CL final with Fabinho already back

Transfer news live

Only Newcastle can afford Neymar, Fraser Forster Spurs medical

“I feel absolutely fine and I am now looking forward to, hopefully, a special evening.”

The news is one of three huge boosts for boss Jurgen Klopp ahead of the Reds’ date with destiny.,

The German believes Thiago will be fit for the Champions League final.

And he could join Fabinho in midfield with the Brazilian already back in training.

Most read in Football​

FROM RASHER WITH LOVE​

Man Utd star Marcus Rashford gets engaged to childhood sweetheart

'SUCH CLASS'​

Klopp goes viral for touching moment with Fergie after he receives LMA award

EIGHT GOODBYES​

Bournemouth release eight players following promotion including Gary Cahill

BYE BLADES​

Sheffield United release NINE players including McGoldrick and Mousset

DIAMOND OF A BOY​

Personal trainer reveals why she split with Rangers ace & 'bad singer' Bassey

HAG TO WATCH​

Supercomputer predicts 2022-23 table with Ten Hag failing and Arsenal WORSE

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

Thiago, 31, picked up an Achilles injury on the final day of the Premier League season against Wolves.

He was subbed off just before half-time with Reds fans fearing the influential star would have to sit out in Paris on Saturday.

Thiago sat out of training on Wednesday morning but was due to be involved in the afternoon session.

And Klopp provided a positive update on his No6.

The German said: “I only met him just now but he has a good chance [of playing the fixture]. He will be training this afternoon.

“He did some stuff this morning and he will doing a session later with the players.

TRIPLE INJURY BOOST​

“At the moment he looks like he can be part of training tomorrow. That would be pretty helpful, obviously.

“We will then go from there. It is surprisingly good.

“After the game, I was not feeling very positive about it, but we got news that night that it didn’t look that bad. We will see.

“As you can imagine, three days before a game and you can’t train is not ideal but you just have to be sure and do the right stuff in the right moment.”

But while Thiago’s involvement is still unclear, it looks as though Fabinho will be able to play against Real Madrid at the Stade de France.

The holding midfielder – such a key player for Liverpool – picked up a hamstring problem against Aston Villa on May 10.

Read More on The Sun

IN THE BAG

Flight attendant reveals 80p item for keeping bedbugs out of clothes in hotels

bump profile

I'm 9 months pregnant but NO-ONE can tell when I'm standing front on

That forced the 28-year-old out of the FA Cup final and Premier League finale.

But Fabinho was pictured going through his paces with his team-mates today in a major boost.

Fabinho returned to training following his hamstring troubles

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom