Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vincent Aboubakar

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted everyone's thoughts on Big Vince. With all this Andre Silva talk, does anybody else think that Vince would be a better buy?

Silva will cost maybe £30 million whilst Swansea were in for Vince for around £6 million in January. Even if he would be sold for £12-15 million, it's still half the price of Silva.

Yes, Silva had a great season under Nuno at Porto, but he's been poor since and Aboubakar has been great for a while at Porto now. Seems to be a goal machine. I know Silva is 22 but Aboubakar is getting into his prime and seems to be a proven goalscorer.

Some players seem to have just one great season or play well for only one club...I'm fearing that Silva may be this type of player.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
not sure he is the biggest fan of nuno or was that someone else we have been linked to in the past?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance. He doesnt like Nuno. His loss.

D

Deleted member 5635

VINCENT ABOUBAKAR HATES NUNO ESPIRITO SANTO.:rolleyes:

I thought the capital letters would make it slightly clearer

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah ok, that is a shame. Although, when Neves signed, there was talk that he and Nuno didn't see eye to eye either. Not sure how true that is, but for Premier League football and a hell of a wage, I'm sure it could be overlooked.

M

Mr Wolf

I’ve watched admittedly only a few times this Aboubakar & Soares for Porto & I’ve not been impressed. That Soares pulled out getting onto a ball with his head last minute of a 0-0 game because he might have got a whack. Put me right off.

It’s all about how we want to set up though, I’m beginning to favour the winger/forward player in a 3 like Liverpool rather than an out & out Kane or Lukaku type.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve watched admittedly only a few times this Aboubakar & Soares for Porto & I’ve not been impressed. That Soares pulled out getting onto a ball with his head last minute of a 0-0 game because he might have got a whack. Put me right off.

It’s all about how we want to set up though, I’m beginning to favour the winger/forward player in a 3 like Liverpool rather than an out & out Kane or Lukaku type.

Great point, do you know if Silva fits that set up?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he does .

I would be tempted by Charlie Austin mind as second striker

He would be a great second choice. If it wasn't for his injuries, Southampton would have been safe a while ago. A natural finisher! It all depends on what happens with Afobe

M

Mr Wolf

Great point, do you know if Silva fits that set up?
Apparently he’s decent at holding it up but he’s looked slower than Bonatini whenever I’ve seen him so I don’t think he’s a fluid sort of player.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently he’s decent at holding it up but he’s looked slower than Bonatini whenever I’ve seen him so I don’t think he’s a fluid sort of player.

Similar to Kevin Doyle? If so, I believe we should be looking at a different type of striker for our 'marquee' signing.

It does seem worrying that he isn't pacey. Bonatini's lack of pace (and admittedly his poor first touch) really got him found out in the second part of the season.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone that's against Nuno is against me, so no he can do one

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Vincent had a dream
To play in the Porto team
But Nuno had ideas for Vincey boy and Porto...
With 5 at the back
No place in attack
Vincent Aboubakar
Got Nuno the sack... duh..duh...duh..duh..

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah ok, that is a shame. Although, when Neves signed, there was talk that he and Nuno didn't see eye to eye either. Not sure how true that is, but for Premier League football and a hell of a wage, I'm sure it could be overlooked.

There wasn't any talk from anybody in the know that they didn't get on. Most people realised that Nuno has a set way of playing and that it was always going to be a struggle for a young player like Neves to get in ahead of Danilo who occupied his position. Nuno always spoke positively about Neves whilst he was at Porto.

On the other hand the falling out with Aboubakar was quite public and whilst I've read arguments like 'money talks' and that may be the case for some players, Nuno won't sign him because he doesn't feel he can count on him and Vincent will have his pick of clubs at the end of the season and earn what he likes without having to compromise by playing for a manager he doesn't like

D

Deleted member 5242

As above.

Plus he signed a new contract 6 months ago.

All quiet on the Western front so far, just plenty of movement in the academy and 23s

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn't Kevin Foley supposedly ' Hate ' Solbakken....??

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I remember reading his price tag went up to £50M with the new contract he signed, or that was the release clause

But a moot point anyway as the Portuguese correspondents like Goncalves etc. all insist he'd never play for Nuno again so, you'd have to say thats pretty nailed on. Shame, as I've been impressed by what I've seen of him and he was my first choice last summer

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** him anyway. He has too many letters in his name and that will look **** on our new adidas kit, like somebody has spewed up alphabetti spaghetti.

D

Deleted member 4453

**** him anyway. He has too many letters in his name and that will look **** on our new adidas kit, like somebody has spewed up alphabetti spaghetti.

I'm guessing your not a fan of Bright then either ;)

Back
Top Bottom