Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Victor Moses

T

TheConcourse

Breaking news coming out of Sky Sports that the Premier League has rejected Burnley’s request to sign Russian-based Moses citing sporting integrity.

My opinion is really clear here: any player in Russia or Ukraine who have been caught up in this conflict should be allowed to work in an environment where they feel safe.

Honestly, I can’t believe what I’m hearing from the Premier League.

What say you?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were in with a realistic chance of 4th place and it was Arsenal or Man United who were signing a player outside of a transfer window would you feel the same? With millions of people being displaced, many thousands living in hell and thousands killed forgive me if my sympathy is on nearly empty for footballers earning thousands of pounds a week. He and any other footballer good enough to play professional football will survive without playing until the transfer window opens in July.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say with Ruben being injured would love us to have the chance to sign a central midfielder from a selfish point of view.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting integrity?

Lovely phrase to trot it when it suits.

The Saudi Toon and Emirates Blues - aka the paragons of sporting integrity - would surely be devalued by Victor Moses joining Burnley.

Then again, the Premier League only just learned that Abramovich's money was questionably sourced (who knew eh?)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting integrity would be a reasonable excuse if a team down the bottom tried to sign a few. For example, if Newcastle were still down there and they went and brought in 5/6 from Zenit or something, then it's clearly not right.

However, they shouldn't be stopping clubs from making one signing IMO. It's allowed, the club want it, the player wants it and FIFA have given the go-ahead.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't know how they can turn down anything based on sporting integrity given the things they led slide when convenient to. From the overlooking of the moral issues with Newcastle's owners, to the minor things like Ronaldo being allowed the number 7 deslite it being against their own rules to alter squad numbers

If FIFA ok'd these types of moves then i don't see the issue

Makes you wonder if it wpuld be the same if man u wanted someone from Shaktar or Zenit

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Breaking news coming out of Sky Sports that the Premier League has rejected Burnley’s request to sign Russian-based Moses citing sporting integrity.

My opinion is really clear here: any player in Russia or Ukraine who have been caught up in this conflict should be allowed to work in an environment where they feel safe.

What say you?

It this were a big 5 club he’d be allowed to sign.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If his contract has been terminated then I’d expect he’d be able to sign as a free-agent.
Only applies if the player is a free agent before the end of the transfer window.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What say you?
Any player in Ukraine yeah. Any player in Russia.. are they really caught up in the conflict?

T

TheConcourse

Any player in Ukraine yeah. Any player in Russia.. are they really caught up in the conflict?
They’re going to get the backlash of commercial deals going down the pan. So yeah, I think they should. I can’t imagine the Russian league is going to be anywhere near as strong in the next 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom