Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves Vs Fulham

Reaction score
It was a miracle that he kept us up last season. Same players, same system, zero backing. Yes it petered out in the second half of the season, but that for me was just regressing to the mean. The system wasn't working any more, a change was needed. You can't judge a new system after two games.
I’m not judging the system I’m judging the manager - imho he’s simply not good enough.

Reaction score
Based on what? Two games? If you aren't judging the system change, then what are you judging him on?
The whole of last season and the two games of this one, doesn’t seem to have a clue never mind what system we’re playing. No point in continuing with this to be honest you obviously think he’s good enough I don‘t, ultimately we’ll see who’s right - have a nice weekend.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy that people are having a go at Bruno. Absolutely no patience despite a promising start in performances to this season

Another game with fosun have cost us. No striker and it just doesn’t work. If we had mitrovic we win by 3/4 goals.

Final ball / shot was so poor today. Either delayed pass , or mis hit pass, or stupid flick. Neto should have scored and Mgw missed an open goal. These chances have to be taken. No excuses from them.

We need to go 4-3-3 to dominate more games but as we know don’t even have that third midfielder.

Main downfall today was collins and kilman being SO SLOW in possession. Whole tempo of passing was far too slow and too many opportunities to get in behind were missed.

Promising on the whole, but fosun are costing us games here. Not entirely sure what Bruno is meant to do other than get the cbs to pass quicker, but we are two games in Ffs . Get a grip

Moment for the ref - shouldn’t referee again. The timewastinf is a disgrace and mitrovic 2 yellow card incidents to not get a red was honestly outrageous .

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole of last season and the two games of this one, doesn’t seem to have a clue never mind what system we’re playing. No point in continuing with this to be honest you obviously think he’s good enough I don‘t, ultimately we’ll see who’s right - have a nice weekend.

What team don’t have an option for a striker?

Other than us and Everton

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guo, Mendes, Jeff and Bruno in a big huddle discussing the need for spending big money on strikers.
An agreement has been reached.
Guo and Mendes arranged to talk again over dinner at the Mount.
At 8pm Guo is drinking his Martini and in walks Cutrone,in his kit.

He introduces himself and asks Cutrone what he does.
I’m a striker he says.
In walks Leo, in his strip, to have dinner with Cutrone.
Guo asks who he is.
Bonatini introduces himself as a striker..

Mendes walks in,.
Guo rolls his eyes and says I’ve only been here an hour and I have found you two strikers already - cancel the order!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like the end of last season I see no game plan or tactics. Lage concerns me and he needs wins soon or will be on his bike sooner or later. No wins in nine is very poor. Watching Brentford look so good with play and tactics and then watching us is like chalk and cheese.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the crap he gets I though Donck did well today as did Kilman and Neves. Pod,Hwang and Jonny were pretty bad but not as awful as the referee who should never Ref another game.
agreed. Donk ducked out of a couple of 50-50’s, but overall I thought he played well.. more in the game than Paulinha his supposed successor.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN has had a poorish start to the season but it would be a huge mistake to drop him in my opinion. If we are supposed to be building something here for the future then we need to stick with it, his ceiling is much better than Semedo or Jonnys. I do agree with the view he is a better wing back than full back though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like the end of last season I see no game plan or tactics. Lage concerns me and he needs wins soon or will be on his bike sooner or later. No wins in nine is very poor. Watching Brentford look so good with play and tactics and then watching us is like chalk and cheese.
They just make their passes count and play then quickly . It’s not rocket science.

It’s on the players today not the manager

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
We should have won the first half, why are we allergic to hitting the back of the net?

Could have lost the second half, lovely to see Sa get his first penalty save.

Man it was hot second half, may aswell have blown the whistle on 80, Fulham downed tools after the pen and the Ref lost control of the game.

Aside another RAN moment, our defense is looking great.

Midfield played far too safe, missing a target man upfront badly.

At least we played some subs, Semedo the pick of the bunch, our goal tally dwindled when he got a knock last season and there were hints today as to why.

A point better than nothing and listening to the Brentford game on the way back put a smile on our faces.

We go again..

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Crazy that people are having a go at Bruno. Absolutely no patience despite a promising start in performances to this season

Another game with fosun have cost us. No striker and it just doesn’t work. If we had mitrovic we win by 3/4 goals.

Final ball / shot was so poor today. Either delayed pass , or mis hit pass, or stupid flick. Neto should have scored and Mgw missed an open goal. These chances have to be taken. No excuses from them.

We need to go 4-3-3 to dominate more games but as we know don’t even have that third midfielder.

Main downfall today was collins and kilman being SO SLOW in possession. Whole tempo of passing was far too slow and too many opportunities to get in behind were missed.

Promising on the whole, but fosun are costing us games here. Not entirely sure what Bruno is meant to do other than get the cbs to pass quicker, but we are two games in Ffs . Get a grip

Moment for the ref - shouldn’t referee again. The timewastinf is a disgrace and mitrovic 2 yellow card incidents to not get a red was honestly outrageous .
Agreed. Let’s hope a striker comes in before spurs game

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
RAN has had a poorish start to the season but it would be a huge mistake to drop him in my opinion. If we are supposed to be building something here for the future then we need to stick with it, his ceiling is much better than Semedo or Jonnys. I do agree with the view he is a better wing back than full back though.
Problem is, ait nouri is more of a LWB, i’d play otto left back next game, semedo right.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some nice football in the first half, but a bit safe. We need a bit more oomph. Early misses cost us in the end.

The second half was nothing. Apart from the penalty there wasn't much happening in front of either goal. Both teams could be playing all night and not score. I'll be kind and put it down to the heat.

Collins and Kilman looked safe. That's a good pairing to build on.

A point on the board and back to playing football at Molineux.

The man of the match for me was Neves. God knows what we would do if he gets sold or injured.

Now let's get some more players in.
He will be suspended soon, we all know he gets yellows for fun, if Moutinho is still out then…..

Donk does my head in, lost east headers to smaller guys, 97th minute the balls there for him and he’s trying to shield the ball so Neves in a worse position can get it. Sorry that’s not good enough, he’s a sub at best

Kilman will soon be in the England squad, he’s such a good player, if Collins is £22.5m then max is £40m easy

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On that showing, I think Fulham will be fine. In isolation, a draw with the Cottagers isn't the end of the World.

The decisions Bruno has made to play four at the back and get rid of Coady have to pay dividends, his job depends on it.

So far, not so good. RAN was at fault again for the penalty. Playing FB's that high up the pitch is very brave, we were found out last week. Jonny looked poor also.

CB's looked good in fairness, but our back four contained Neves and Dendoncker slotting in at FB all too often - I don't see the point.

Hwang, Podence and MGW should have all done better with their opportunities, the fact they found themselves in a position to miss, bodes well though I guess.

Sa bailed us out. It was a very familiar performance, we created little.

Guedes tended to drift wide which on first glance would seem to be his favoured position - not a criticism btw. I feel MGW would be better centrally than wide, Podence the opposite.

Semedo looked sharp, Adama was unable to make any impact.

Lage made little effort to thank the 30k of us who made the effort today. I don't expect the tub thumping enthusiasm of Nuno, but at least acknowledge the fans on all sides.

Reaction score
How can you blame the manager when he don’t have a ducking striker to pick
He picked the 11 players on the the pitch though didn’t he, and he had a striker last season and we were still ****e he’s only here because he’s a Jorge Mendes client and he’s cheap and imho it certainly shows.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that, we can get from our 18 yard box to the final 1/3 in next to no time, but when we get there, we have no idea what to do. I suppose that’s what happens when we’ve not got a striker on the pitch.

Exactly this. Also, when we do get there, it is often out wide, which doesn't worry modern defences anywhere near as much as attacking through the centre. I just can't believe we have a set of players desperate to play fast football through the centre, but who are being shackled not just by this manager, but the previous one, too. Because we did the same much of the time then, too. Can only assume Neto, Pod etc want to be out wide. Adama we know likes to be out wide.

Can understand doubts about the manager. But based on the above, I have doubts about sacking the manager. Not convinced these players can play any other way. However, big changes are in progress and 2 matches is not enough for new players to settle and existing players to change to fit the loss of core players we had for years, like Coady and Saiss. Also, wouldn't be surprised if our football doesn't mysteriously look better when those "old, past it, crocks", Moutinho and Raul return.

Reaction score
This exactly.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman and Collins great

RAN making a huge balls up second week running is a concern

Podence is comfortably the most over rated wolves player Iv ever seen.

Need a centre forward

SuziQ

Reaction score
Thought Dendoncker and Kilman were our best players today.

Whole game was a bit lacklustre though, no quickness to the passes, too many times we passed backwards instead of forwards and lost possession a bit too easily as Podence and Gibbs White kept trying fancy flicks that just didn't come off.

Think the heat played a big part in how the game went. Should be a fair bit cooler next weekend, hope we can get an attacking midfielder in before then though.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score

Oh for Nunos first three seasons. Exciting football. Bruno ball is painfully slow

R

reanswolf

I came away thinking I’m not sure where we were poor. Defence were good especially centrally, Donk and Neves did ok but really we never controlled the game. We lacked a central point up front and Podence and Neto just frustrated. MGW was good but guilty of over-elaboration at times.

It was disappointing overall to apply so little pressure 2nd half, but can’t criticise anyone for lack of effort.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I came away thinking I’m not sure where we were poor. Defence were good especially centrally, Donk and Neves did ok but really we never controlled the game. We lacked a central point up front and Podence and Neto just frustrated. MGW was good but guilty of over-elaboration at times.

It was disappointing overall to apply so little pressure 2nd half, but can’t criticise anyone for lack of effort.

Desperately missing a striker, and you would probably take off an attacker with a mobile CM to help dominate the game

Everything we know, Bruno knows - but still we don’t address the issues

But no, let’s blame Bruno

Milijas

Reaction score
The football we’re playing is much better than last season, we just aren’t clinical at the still.

We also lack control in a 4-2-3-2, some lovely interplay up top but leaves too much for Neves and Dendoncker to do at times.

Don’t quite know how I feel after that, positive with our change in style but frustrated that it’s ultimately a similar story to last season still.
Think 4-2-3-2 would be ok as hopefully we would score with 12 on the pitch..

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Poor game.

Don’t quite understand the anti-Bruno stuff, not sure what else he can do at this point. We desperately need a striker and a midfielder.

I’m very concerned about Jonny - looks miles off the pace at the moment. Thought MGW was the best of the attacking four, Podence was poor.

Guo was enjoying himself at least! Jorge Mendes in his company too. Sounds like a broken record but a big week coming up. We must get quality in - no squad fillers. They need to come in and start.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a results-based business and, as Head Coach (he's not the ****ing Manager), Lage will need to show he can influence games whilst underway.

Many commented last season on his seemingly poor/random use of substitutes; this season we've lost after being ahead (largely unheard of under Nuno) and scraped a point through Sa's first penalty save for us.

Still not convinced by him - maybe harsh, maybe premature, just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom