Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves Vs Fulham

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree, last season is of no real relevance now. We are playing a different formation and have (some) different players and others playing who are back from long term injury who are probably fit for the first time in a long while. We should just concentrate on what has happened this season.
Ok, we've taken one point from two relegation candidates which could easily have been zero without a penalty save. Got an extremely tough game next week and if we don't beat Newcastle the week after what excuse are we going to make up for him then?

What was worrying about Saturday was in the whole 100+ minutes played, while we were the better side, we never had a spell of sustained pressure against a newly promoted team. After over a year and two full pre-seasons, we still don't have a pattern of play

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, we've taken one point from two relegation candidates which could easily have been zero without a penalty save. Got an extremely tough game next week and if we don't beat Newcastle the week after what excuse are we going to make up for him then?

What was worrying about Saturday was in the whole 100+ minutes played, while we were the better side, we never had a spell of sustained pressure against a newly promoted team. After over a year and two full pre-seasons, we still don't have a pattern of play
Take some of our chances and we could have 6 points.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take some of our chances and we could have 6 points.
Yeah great argument, that

If Silva had scored those late chances at Newcastle and against Spurs, if Otasowie had've scored the winner at Brighton, Saiss at Villa... do you want to stop me before I have us qualifying for Europe in the Covid season?

Failing on every level

T

TheConcourse

If Silva had scored those late chances at Newcastle and against Spurs, if Otasowie had've scored the winner at Brighton, Saiss at Villa... do you want to stop me before I have us qualifying for Europe in the Covid season?

Failing on every level
To be fair you’re suggesting we would have lost if they scored the penalty. They didn’t. Just as we didn’t take our chances. He’s only reversed your point.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you’re suggesting we would have lost if they scored the penalty. They didn’t. Just as we didn’t take our chances. He’s only reversed your point.
Ahhhhh, errrrr, ugggghhhh, guess so! Though I am only highlighting his "ignore last season's end, focus on this" stance and good chances get missed all the time, (probable) decisive penalties less so

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Failing on every level
It’s equally as valid (or not valid) an argument as “if it wasn’t for the penalty save we would have lost”.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had to love the usual moaning arses around me yelling for the team to press at all times, kicking off at every backwards pass and lamenting how it was all so slow, while the players were suffering in 40C+ on field temperatures

All while they were dripping in sweat lifting a pie to their mouths

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pretty drab and frustrating watch, with too many players off it.

We got lucky that Sa pulled the penalty save out of the bag. Ait-Nouri seemed to be having a difficult game and Fulham were enjoying most of their success down our left hand so and with Jonny playing RB and Semedo on the bench Lage should have recognised this earlier and made a change.

Of our offensive players, I heard a lot fans lamenting that they thought MGW had an excellent game - I personally don't think he did and should have converted our one and only real chance. However what he did do, despite being played out of position, was look to be the only one of the attack-minded players that showed some fight and desire and tried to make things happen.

Neto was extremely quiet and nothing Podence tried seemed to come off. My biggest source of frustration was how long it took Lage to bring on the new lad given we were offering no real threat - I've no idea why Hwang warranted staying on for so long.

It is of course early days and conditions on Saturday were extreme, however it shows worrying signs of picking up where we left of in the final quarter of last season - two games in and one goal scored and fairly lowly opposition.

It would be just like us to go and turn Spurs over next game out, but we need to find a way of breaking teams like Fulham down, otherwise we become subject to the ridiculous time-wasting antics that they demonstrated (and let's face it I'm sure we'd be the same if it were us hanging onto a point away against the likes of Arsenal).

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Failing on every level
Players will always miss chances at every club in the land, we don't miss a disproportionate amount we just don't create enough. We didn't really create enough yesterday against such a dismal opponent.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ll be an extra verdict from Saturday as of such next Monday, as the YouTuber Smiv, brought his popular On The Road series to Molineux for his 2nd game of OTR’s 7th series!

The video should be out next Monday teatime and if anyone doesn’t know about On The Road, he and his best mate Charlie (most weekends), head to a different ground and rate it off their experience.

Should be a fun watch!

Back
Top Bottom