Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Newcastle away in the cup

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dissapointing performance, but the 3 points on Saturday was far more important
The game really turned in a 5 minute spell when Wallace was through one on one with the keeper which should have put us one up, 5 mins later we was one down and a minute later from the kick off we was two down, never really looked liked getting back into the game

Llonergan 7
Silvio 8 looks a good prospect
Iorfa 6
Hause 5
Berwick Jackson 8
Wallace 6
Coady 5
Saville 5
Tex 6
Mason 6
Gladon 5

Hause, Coady, Saville and Gladon were awful
Lesson learnt tonight some of the players Zenga inherited are just not good enough
Assume it will go back to the team started on Saturday and 3 points to look forward

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers Ercall, were you impressed by Ola John's brief cameo?

D

Deleted member 3518

The game really turned in a 5 minute spell when Wallace was through one on one with the keeper which should have put us one up, 5 mins later we was one down and a minute later from the kick off we was two down, never really looked liked getting back into the game

Llonergan 7
Iorfa 6
Hause 5
Berwick Jackson 8
Wallace 6
Coady 5
Saville 5
Tex 6
Mason 6
Gladon 5

Lesson learnt tonight some of the players Zenga inherited are just not good enough
Assume it will go back to the team started on Saturday and 3 points to look forward

Guess we knew that beforehand, good to hear Silvio did well.

Safe trip home, hoping to pop in the Goalpost Saturday for a quick one.

Last edited by a moderator:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silvio & John sound the positives , I have to say this Gladon is a very odd signing .

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would've been nice to progress but I don't think we had much of a chance with the team selected - the spine was far too weak. Good to see Silvio and Ola John got some much needed minutes.

I think this game has once again confirmed that Hause and Wallace need loaning out in January (numbers providing). Saville should probably go on a permanent deal.

Onto Brentford.......

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble at the end of game
Hundreds of Newcastle fans mainly young ones gathered outside our exit gates and caused trouble, fists flying, police didn't really know what to do, one elderly Wolves fan was rushed off by police holding his head
Only lasted 3/4 mins but not pleasant at all
Just been told Tim Spiers has tweeted about the trouble at the end of the game

D

Deleted member 3518

Hundreds of Newcastle fans mainly young ones gathered outside our exit gates and caused trouble, fists flying, police didn't really know what to do, one elderly Wolves fan was rushed off by police holding his head

Dreadful, all respect from Saturday gone!:mad:

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turned out much as I had expected, although I would have loved us to progress, Us - much weaker team than Saturday. Newcastle - more strength in depth, home team, point to prove. It was always going to be difficult to get a result.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful, all respect from Saturday gone!:mad:
As I I said it seemed to mainly young ones
We was drinking and having a laugh with Newcstle fans in the pub before the game, no bother
There was a small number of Wolves trying to cause trouble all through the game which didn't help

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Scumbags!

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Llonergan 7
Iorfa 6
Hause 5
Berwick Jackson 8
Wallace 6
Coady 5
Saville 5
Tex 6
Mason 6
Gladon 5

Cheers Ercall! What score will you give Ola John? Sounded lively towards the end.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got back, we were good for the first 25 mins albeit lots of sideways passing. Certainly could have had a goal by that point.

The first was out of the blue but they'd run into the box and it was too risky to put in a tackle, looked as though it was a well taken shot across goal but couldn't see too well from our corner.

The second was just a result of not reacting well to conceding but not convinced any keeper would have saved it, looked like it was rifled into the net.

We didn't do too much beyond that, Newcastle could and probably should have had a third, a chip hitting the crossbar and a couple of shots blazed over. We looked a bit more productive again in the second half and started to try again but 85 mins is a bit late in the day for that.

Had all the atmosphere of a pre season friendly, not helped by Newcastle swelling their crowd with £3 kids tickets resulting in a rather large collection of ********* in the end stand to the right of us. Looked like they were throwing things at the end too.

Three points was more important, onwards and upwards.

D

Deleted member 3518

As I I said it seemed to mainly young ones
We was drinking and having a laugh with Newcstle fans in the pub before the game, no bother
There was a small number of Wolves trying to cause trouble all through the game which didn't help

Sounds ****, they need to all grow up maybe join a boxing club and see how they cope, safe journey home.

see you Saturday.

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
Pic of it courtesy of @njudah_star
Cs04rr3WEAAcCDv.jpg

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Disgusting and totally unnecessary. I hope the elderly Wolves fan was not hurt very badly. After all the comments made about how friendly Newcastle fans are to supporters from other teams this sort of thing leaves a bad taste. Still every club sadly has their share of idiots.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Photobucket will work at a decent resolution from a phone but this was the stands towards the end

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
Not sure if Photobucket will work at a decent resolution from a phone but this was the stands towards the end

Seriously pathetic, some of the lads near the front look about 12, real hard picking on about 500 wolves fans ay it.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously pathetic, some of the lads near the front look about 12, real hard picking on about 500 wolves fans ay it.
I genuinely think it's a by-product of letting kids in for cheap, you get lots of people who wouldn't go normally. There were a few idiots under the stand on Saturday but they were the type who'd only go and shout in the knowledge they were protected by the stewards.

Showed through by the lack of any atmosphere except for a couple of 'toon toon' chants when it was in the bag in the dying minutes of the game.

As much as I dislike NUFC, don't let the actions of a handful of idiots put you off the rest who were decent on Saturday.

Not that it helps matters but as exemplified by the 'when you come to Molineux' chant from our lot, if those kids tried it on at an away day they'd regret it.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Just got home. As good as Saturday was, tonight was awful. We had a few chances before they scored, Wallace missing a one on one when clean through, but although there were a few half chances we didn't really look like scoring at all. Ola John made a difference when he came on and nearly scored following what was probably the move on the match. He looked very promising, and very direct. Silvio also played okay. Everyone else was pretty awful, particularly Coady in midfield and Gladon up front who couldn't have been less dangerous if he had tried. Still, it's early days for him. What disappointed me the most was the lack of fight, we didn't really look very bothered and gave up half way through the second half.

As for the trouble at the end. We had a small group of fans at the top of our corner, right next to the Newcastle fans. They banged the back of the stand a lot and generally shouted abuse at the Newcastle fans all night, some good humoured, some not so good humoured. At the end of the game a lot of young kids / teenagers, who came with the £3 tickets I'm sure, came towards them and were held back by the police. The small group of Wolves fans carried on goading them and the police also had to hold them back too. It didn't really seem threatening at all but just incase I used the exit furtherest away from the Newcastle kids and slipped into the crowd with no bother. I think there was then some disruption near where the Wolves fans exited by the Newcastle fans. Think it caught the police by surprise as they didn't expect trouble. Whether it would have all happened without our little band of taunters by their fans I don't know. Maybe, maybe not - there were only about 7-8 of them and they seemed pretty young too. Most of our fans took no notice of what was happening off the pitch. Shame about the older guy, I really hope he's okay.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope all you guys in Newcastle are all safe. I have experienced some hairy times at away games in the past. We shouldn't get too self righteous about this stuff - we have our own idiots in Wolverhampton who shame the club every once in a while.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope all you guys in Newcastle are all safe. I have experienced some hairy times at away games in the past. We shouldn't get too self righteous about this stuff - we have our own idiots in Wolverhampton who shame the club every once in a while.

I got hit by a mint imperial inside the stadium ;-)

This basically sums them up they were a bunch of kids and I saw no real threat at all apart from the things they were throwing. Outside they threw a few bottles and traffic cones but I and many other Wolves just stood and watched from a few feet away and they made no attempt to cause any trouble.
They will be all excited tomorrow reliving their antics at school.

Last edited:

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Checked into the Marriott at the Metro Centre early this evening as the Wolves players were leaving the hotel for St. James. Managed to have a 5 minute chat with Dave Edwards who is a top, top bloke.
Anyway as for the game, sat in the Milburn stand close to the Gallowgate end with a Newcastle supporting mate. There was nothing in the game until Newcastel took the lead but with in a few short minutes it was 2-0 and all over. We never looked like coming back and it was all a bit easy for them in the end. The 2 outstanding bits of quality in the game both resulted in Newcwastle goals. Our back 4 coped well and looked comfortable aside from the mix up down our left for their first goal. Personally I thought Hause and Ifora both looked quality and so did a number of Newcastle fans sat around me. The reason why we lost this game wasn't because of our defence. Our real problem, and it was a massive problem, was the utterly pathetic forward line. Nothing stuck up front and we offered no threat to their centre halves. This really worries me. The only exception to that was the introduction of Ola John in the second half who looked quality. But even then he's more of a wide player that likes to cut in rather than a goal scoring centre forward.

Llonergan 5 - really poor kicking that hardly reached the half way line. Consequently his back four soon lost faith in him.
Silvio 7 - thought he played well and will get even better with match fitness.
Iorfa 6 - both centre halves coped well with Murphys aerial threat early on and showed good pace on the deck
Hause 6 - I know some fans don't rate him but I thought he gave a good athletic performance tonight and played well.
Berwick Jackson 7 -Very easy on the eye but maybe partially at fault allowing Ritchie inside for the first goal (will have to see the TV replay)
Wallace 5 - Very poor and missed sitter at 0-0 that could have changed the game
Coady 6 - looked solid at the base of our midfield to snuff out opposition threats but is very limited in distribution. We need more that that.
Saville 4 - truly awful. Played like a player who's lost his place and has no faith in his ability to win in back. Stupid booking for dissent.
Tex 6 - lost possession easily in promising positions
Mason 6 - needs Bod. Absolutely no understanding with Gladon.
Gladon 4 - sorry but we've bought a dud here. Has no pace, no touch and no physical presence. Was really frustrated by the way he would arrive late into a challenge and gave away a free kick. Can't see this guy coming good.

Ola John - one outstanding bit of quality near the half way line. Picked the ball up running towards our goal and turned and beat 2 Newcastle players instantly before being sandwiched. Looked like he can go both ways and very promising. Again match fitness will help

First time at St. James and was impressed with the stadium. Lots of friendly chat before the game with their fans and was made to feel at ease in the city. If I had one criticism it would be that their fans didn't sing once during the game. Maybe at 2-0 they felt it was all a bit of a stroll. They were right.

Last edited:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the "trouble".
It was nothing more than a handbags between a few chavs who had had too much fizzy pop on a school night.
Personally I just walked straight through them smiling and didn't get any agro at all.
They egged the coaches on the way out as well.
Hope the old guy is ok.
These are not a representation of the Newcastle people who on Saturday and tonight were absolutely top class.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Seeing the goals yes it might have been risky to put a tackle in for the first but what was Saville doing?
It looked like he leant towards their player and went 'Boo!' and then just gave up
Just not good enough!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw enough of Gladon in the Burton game to know he will never be any good. Offers absolutely nothing.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw enough of Gladon in the Burton game to know he will never be any good. Offers absolutely nothing.
Obviously you don't want to judge a player from 1 performance but that was my thoughts too. Hopefully he comes good.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like our shout to leave at 80 minutes was the correct one ! back in bed in Dudley at 1-05am. Agree re Gladon, he is the runt of the litter I'm afraid. The five or so lads who taunted the Geordie kids all game, needed a slapping ! as usual someone else gets hurt.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football wise not much to add to the fair reports already posted, very little in the final third and when we did get near their box it was like rabbits caught in headlights, we really did not look comfortable going forward.
My first visit to St James Park and very surprised how quiet their fans were, they hardly sang a song all game. Strangely they made a lot more noise outside with their show of weakness opposite our exits.
Didn't really expect anything from the game so not too disappointed and good to see more fine support from our fans. Nice couple of sunny days and fun nights in the north east.

Back
Top Bottom