Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict- Chelsea v Wolves

DJW

Reaction score
Chiquinho was superb, he has a real quality delivery from wide area's. Not just in this game. But it was Trincao who turned the game. If any other Wolves player had turned a game so effectively we would all be going crazy about it. However, Sa MOM as usual, and Saiss, oh dear

DJW

Reaction score
Just a curious question, is the goalkeeping coach really 2nd in command?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a curious question, is the goalkeeping coach really 2nd in command?

The first team coach should have been there today so I wouldnt have thought so. Assistant head coach and Bruno werent there but the first team coach, Silva, I think should have been in charge you would have thought.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he wasn't on the touchline? Give me strength.

I don’t know how to measure the “not playing for Lage”, we’ve all worked for people we couldn’t stand but it manifests itself in arguments in team meetings or ignoring internal bull**** memos emails etc - but doesn’t manifest in front of the customer.

I can’t see why professional footballers would be any different, why make an **** of yourself in front of all those cameras because you don’t like Lage? Hardly helps you get a transfer does it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I usually agree with you but to suggest this performance was despite Bruno's coaching is complete hyperbolic *******s. We have had quite a few performances of this style, not for a little while I admit.
Ok, fair enough but for most of the game we played like we usually do…..frequently losing possession, bad passing, loosing 50/50s, etc.
I want a coach that gets the basics right……I’m sick to bloody death of teams playing around and through us as if we’re wearing heavy hobnailed boots.

Last weeks game v BHA and the Leeds disaster have worn down some of my usual optimism.
Two years ago we felt like we could take anybody, (and did ) , but this season, I’ve felt trepidation for most of the games .

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it? Could just as easily be interpreted as them playing better as Lage wasn't around today.
Struck me at the time that they looked half-***** because Chiquinho was showing them up.

I still think he should come off the bench and not start against Citeh. The point is he should be first choice OR at least well before Hwang.

Neto had moments in the first half and deserves to start again IMHO.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The first team coach should have been there today so I wouldnt have thought so. Assistant head coach and Bruno werent there but the first team coach, Silva, I think should have been in charge you would have thought.
Why is first team coach more senior than goalkeeper coach?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, fair enough but for most of the game we played like we usually do…..frequently losing possession, bad passing, loosing 50/50s, etc.
I want a coach that gets the basics right……I’m sick to bloody death of teams playing around and through us as if we’re wearing heavy hobnailed boots.

Last weeks game v BHA and the Leeds disaster have worn down some of my usual optimism.
Two years ago we felt like we could take anybody, (and did ) , but this season, I’ve felt trepidation for most of the games .
There is a lack of consistency which leads to some anxiety, I agree. It is a season of transition though. By the way Brighton just put 4 past Manure!

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Just one thing I did want to mention, strange booing the subs from the fans. It was obvious that both Neves and Neto were struggling and yet both times there was loads of booing, bit odd?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been out all day so just catching up on everything, fantastic to see us show that much character to come back from 2-0 down away at Chelsea. Absolutely fantastic effort boys! Great to see Neto playing well, Chiquinho with the assists and absolutely buzzing that it was Coady to tuck away the equaliser. Brilliant!

R

reanswolf

You wait til you have to pay £550 for a season ticket:)-

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Loosing ?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why don't you take your coaching badges, if you haven't already, and when Bruno goes (soonest in your view) take over from him. When it all went tits up you could blame yourself.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent comeback. Trincao and Chiquinho were fantastic. I am sorry to say this but Saiss, Raul and Dendoncker are our weakest links at the moment

Chiquinho our man of the match and he was only on for 20 minutes. Other than him, Sa made a couple of close-to-worldie saves .And I thought Boly was our most composed defender in a defence that looked shaky a bit too often. Would be good to get the old Boly back as he's been so hampered by injury this past season or two. And he showed he could still have that top quality.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho our man of the match and he was only on for 20 minutes. Other than him, Sa made a couple of close-to-worldie saves .And I thought Boly was our most composed defender in a defence that looked shaky a bit too often. Would be good to get the old Boly back as he's been so hampered by injury this past season or two. And he showed he could still have that top quality.
He was immense in the closing stages, powering through challenges and dribbling out of tight spots.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked alright in the first team games in the Premier league
I would say he looked very raw, naive at times and got by on enthusiasm and being helped senior players on the pitch

He won't get more experienced though unless he plays first team games. Same can be said for any young player.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks Wolves for some positive intention and entertainment after a few dire games and disappointment.
That performance was one to be proud of - quite often.
Front foot is best.
And I want to see more Chiquinho

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Absolute bedlam when we scored, amazing scenes.

Why can't we play on the front foot like that. We should just go for it especially against Norwich.

Chiquino was superb when he came on. In the last 20mins we pushed up and pressed and made Chelsea make mistakes to win the ball back. It was great to see.

Really enjoyed the fight back. Well done Wolves more of the same please!!!

Back
Top Bottom