Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Villa (LC) Predictions

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Let's have them in.

No constipation please, If we are to do it on them it's got to be full on tonight.

1 - 5.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presuming that both teams will not be at full stretch, it is a tricky one. Rumour has it that Wolves be be putting a young team out, not sure what the Villa team will be.

So my guess would be - Villa 2 - 3 Wolves.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough one to call without really knowing how the teams will line-up. There's some speculation Wolves will introduce some of the under-23's.
I'll say Villa to edge it 2-1, but I think we'll give it a good go.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson and Perry are expected to start tonight apparently, it's by no means going to be anywhere near full strength.
The back 3 could well be
Kilman - Coady- Sanderson

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa will put out a stronger team than us.

cant blame Nuno with the amount of injuries we’ve had recently.

He needs to manage the squad. Remember we lost Shabani and Jordao last time out.

let’s just see how the youngsters do and focus on the main comps!

I don’t want to lose but if we do so be it.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we put a young side out I think we'll get beat.
I'd rather we beat them in the league at full strength

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Villa 3-0 Wolves

There’s not much difference between a lot of their players (not that it’s necessarily a good thing) so they will be a lot stronger tonight.

The likes of Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Hourihane, El Ghazi to start. Not world beaters but solid/top end Championship players.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I think we'll play the kids and lose the game by two or three as I think Villa will go fairly strong.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have an impression they are playing a stronger team than us
Villa 2 Wolves 0
I hope I am wrong

D

Deleted member 4453

Rumour on WM last night that Villa too will go weaker. How weak either team goes remains to be seen.

Think Raul, Jota, Traore, Neves, Saiss, Coady and Patricio will all be rested to some extent. Although I have a feeling one or 2 will be on the bench.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Surprised if they do they’re not in danger of relegation I don’t think.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I think we'll play the kids and lose the game by two or three as I think Villa will go fairly strong.

Sky estimate that Wolves could make 10 changes and play a lot of youngsters. I could live with that whatever the result.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
small loss or pens and Wolves win - all dependant on how many kids Vanilla play

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
I think alot of the u23s will play and a few that need a game like ruddy Vallejo neto Cutrone and I think villa have more strength in depth if I'm honest so I think we will loose 3-1
But as I tell the villa fans at work the league cup ain't our main aim this season as the big clubs have Europe to worry about aswell

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we do play the kids , they will all know the system, and will be supported by a couple of first teamers in coady , neves, and jota .

can see a tricky first half then coming back into it second half as per

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think we will lose and then all the Villa fans will be saying 'mind the gap' even though its a cup game

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Villa played this XI last time out;

Steer; Elmohamady, Konsa, Hause, Targett; Luiz, Hourihane, McGinn; Trezeguet, Jota, Davis

Strong bench on the whole including Grealish & Wesley.

Targett is now first-choice left-back so Neil Taylor will play.
Trezeguet is now first-choice so El Ghazi will play tonight.
Jota is injured.

Interesting to see whether McGinn plays as whilst logic would say he would with Grealish out, he then becomes more important to the team so might be rested.

The young lads should definitely be trying to do him if we're out, that would be funny.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re playing the kids? Does Nuno not understand I work with some of their gob****e fans?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 games from next years Europa League. We could win, and draw Colchester or Oxford in the QF. We have won this cup twice.
So I dont agree that we should be playing a youth team.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The PL and EL are far, far more important to us and frankly this is a game we could do without. We’ve already picked up a few injuries, risking more by going with a strong team for this game would, imo, be risky. Let’s see what the kids can do, they might surprise us.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-1 to villa. they are better than most on here give them credit for and we surely have to play a weakened team

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VIlla played a full strength team in the previous round and I think we will play a much weakened side so I can see a comfy win for Villa

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VIlla played a full strength team in the previous round and I think we will play a much weakened side so I can see a comfy win for Villa

Last time they changed their entire back five and forwards, didn't they? Plus Grealish won't be on the bench to bail them out tonight.

Some people are far overestimating how good Villa are without Grealish and McGinn. Be interesting to see if they risk McGinn tonight given he's their only player without el capitan.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy win for Villa if they go full strength against our kids. If that's what happens, then we might even get trounced.

Easy win for Wolves if the balance of first teamers for both is identical.

Tight, if they have a couple more first teamers than us.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2-0 villa with goals early on. Kids to make a good account of themselves.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 games from next years Europa League. We could win, and draw Colchester or Oxford in the QF. We have won this cup twice.
So I dont agree that we should be playing a youth team.
I agree. Play some kids and first teamers who need game time. Keep the big boys on the bench should we need them 2nd half.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll want this a lot more than we do. Sadly, Villa 3 Wolves 1

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will be without Grealish. However expect Neto and Cutrone up front, Vinagre at LB, MGW in midfield Vallejo and Kilman as CBs and Ruddy in goal. Perhaps Perry will get a run out? With that kind of team would expect a 1-2 or 0-2 defeat assuming VIlla put out a strong line up. But could go to penalties if we succeed in frustrating them.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Match abandoned after 57 minutes when Wolves U-14 Ladies team rifle home their 16th goal of the night. Match abandoned to save Villa’s first team any further embarrassment.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aston Villa 1 - 4 Wolves

Revenge.

Back
Top Bottom