Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Upcoming Internationals

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have some of the best young, skillful, attacking talent in decades just look at the list and then there's Southgate.

He's definitely from the jobs for the (his) boys club although he claims his team 'judges on form' that is just *******s

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Southgate and his constant hard on for the bowl cut donkey at Villa is very disturbing to me what the **** does he see in him from a footballing POV as he's proper ****. Konsa and Hause are better that says a lot I don't know one Villa fan who rates Mings.

Feel for Max but knowing how clueless Southgate is he's probably watched his poor performance against Palace game and fell in love with another one of his ex teams player and the love affair continues .
Mings the Merciless!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes congratulations to MGW for getting his head down this season and making the under 21 squad.

Excellent news! It adds to the five caps he's had for the U21s in previous years and is a serious sign of both how good he's been at Blades and how much he is enjoying his football this campaign. Long may it continue!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

To be fair, there is two slots free in that squad (Maguire and Mings) which should have been taken by Tomori and Kilman respectively.
Spot on. Rest of CBs are fine

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
I mean he literally played and scored against us.
About two and a half years ago. Ive not seen anything of Tomori to be honest but have read that he's having a good season. The mind boggling thing here is the Harry "emperor's new clothes" McGuire gets picked. And Mings for that matter. Two friendlies, weaker opposition, great chance to give Guehi, Kilman and Tomori a run out.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like the games Southgate chose to watch him were ill timed, as West Ham and Palace were clearly not his best games

Shame all that came before didn't count for much... he'll get another chance though

Doesn't Southgate have a television or laptop he can watch games on?

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs white is 22....gets called up for the u21s .....
I can't remember the rules, but it's done like school years or something. And tournaments and qualification is done as being u21 at a certain date. So some tournaments have 23 year olds turning up!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't remember the rules, but it's done like school years or something. And tournaments and qualification is done as being u21 at a certain date. So some tournaments have 23 year olds turning up!
I nw. But it just seems daft to me....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other call ups:

*Bendeguz Bolla (Hungary)
*Romain Saiss (Morocco)
*Joe Hodge (Ireland u20s)
*Willy Boly (Ivory Coast… who are due to play England)
*Hee Chan Hwang (South Korea)
*Fabio Silva (Portugal u21)
*Jack Scott (NI u21)
*Morgan Gibbs White (England u21)

*Connor Ronan gets his first senior call up to Ireland

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs white is 22....gets called up for the u21s .....

Yep, anyone born after 1st Jan 2000 is eligible to play in the tournament so MGW qualified by 27 days

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I can understand nations having tried and trusted players, but it must be disheartening for those not called up. I get maguire being there. He is united, and has had some good games for england. Mings on the other hand.

Kilman may have had a couple of not so good games bit has been fantastic this season. Maybe the wrong time for him but those ahead of him are hardly stand-out.

White is playing regularly and well for arsenal, so i get that.

Maguire - if on form and performance for club should be nowhere near the squad.

Not sure how much stones has done this year

Mings is just, well, mings

As for Sa., i would be surprised if any of those ahead of him have plated better this season

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Connor Ronan finally involved in an Ireland senior squad. He's a had a bit of an unorthodox career path but always had the talent.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but he trusts & can rely on these players. I get why he goes for them & doesn't want to disrupt that.

All managers have their go to guys. Just think these are amongst those for Southgate. He can rely & trusts them.

His jobs the one on the line, so get why he falls back on those.
Then why make a statement to the exact opposite? - that he would only select on form and no one has a divine right to be in the squad.
i know I’m paraphrasing, but that was sort of the drift of what he said when appointed. He also said he wouldn’t pick players not playing for their club team.
didn’t stop him selecting sancho when he wasn’t playing, or stones when he wasn’t playing.

Now he’s just like every one of the previous, same old faces every squad - regardless of form.

if he had anything about him, anything at all, max should be in the squad alongside the other names mentioned. McGuire and minge should be nowhere near on form, just proving he’s full of **** and selecting the same old faces…. Just because.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then why make a statement to the exact opposite? - that he would only select on form and no one has a divine right to be in the squad.
i know I’m paraphrasing, but that was sort of the drift of what he said when appointed. He also said he wouldn’t pick players not playing for their club team.
didn’t stop him selecting sancho when he wasn’t playing, or stones when he wasn’t playing.

Now he’s just like every one of the previous, same old faces every squad - regardless of form.

if he had anything about him, anything at all, max should be in the squad alongside the other names mentioned. McGuire and minge should be nowhere near on form, just proving he’s full of **** and selecting the same old faces…. Just because.

He wouldn't be the first manager to say 1 thing & do another.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder why RAN no longer seems to be involved with France. Obviously the senior team is to a ridiculous standard but can't think why he wouldn't be in the u21s unless he switches go Algeria.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder why RAN no longer seems to be involved with France. Obviously the senior team is to a ridiculous standard but can't think why he wouldn't be in the u21s unless he switches go Algeria.
I think some of it boils down to France playing 433 so he might not be a natural fit at left back or further forward. He’s also competing against Truffert for the left back spot and he’s a regular for Rennes and in European competition for the last two seasons… including the champions league

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I understand that this is the third call up for Sa, but yet to win a cap.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao starting for Portugal. I wonder where Rui is? Surely as a play off game he would play? If not it should definitely be Jose Sa.

I'm also struck by the CB pairing of Jose Fonte who is getting on a bit and Danilo Pereira who is a midfielder yikes...

Attachments

• 20220324_184259.jpg
    20220324_184259.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 32

Clipboard

Reaction score
Joao starting for Portugal. I wonder where Rui is? Surely as a play off game he would play? If not it should definitely be Jose Sa.

I'm also struck by the CB pairing of Jose Fonte who is getting on a bit and Danilo Pereira who is a midfielder yikes...
Rui is on the bench (with Sa). They can catch up on Wolves banter

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent strike from Shaw to level just before HT.

Back
Top Bottom