Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

"Up for it" Doyle

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was noticeable how much Kevin Doyle was fired up against Newcastle.

His body language seemed totally different to that of recent months and his whole performance was back to the level of a season or two ago. Endeavour, tenacity and a team ethic.

I've always felt that one of the reasons KD chose to come to Wolves was due to Mick. I always felt he was one of Mick's men.

But after yesterday, I'm starting to question that. Was KD totally happy under Mick at the end and now he feels relieved he has gone?

Or was the sacking of Mick just a kick up the back side for him?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had a chance to make an impact with Fletch out and imo he tried his hardest to make tw most of his chance.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was quite a bit of effort on the pitch yesterday all round, likely support for TC.
I thought KD was MoM.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was awesome yesterday and we need him to be like this for the rest of the season. If him & Fletcher can be incorporated into the side & it work...it would seriously help our chances of staying up because they'd be arguably the best pairing of strikers down in that bottom 5/6 teams.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

I think we are all embracing the us against the world mentality. Pleased doyler did the business yesterday. Could have had more than 1. he certainly wanted thar goal didn't he!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was awesome yesterday and we need him to be like this for the rest of the season. If him & Fletcher can be incorporated into the side & it work...it would seriously help our chances of staying up because they'd be arguably the best pairing of strikers down in that bottom 5/6 teams.

Fingers crossed then, for most of the rest of the season he has been mediocre to poor. Let's hope TC doesn't upset him, if he does it will contribute greatly, perhaps, to relegation.

I'm not sure that this is really acceptable, can we afford to carry a player like this? would it be better if Doyle moved on at the end of the season.......just a question?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fingers crossed then, for most of the rest of the season he has been mediocre to poor. Let's hope TC doesn't upset him, if he does it will contribute greatly, perhaps, to relegation.

I'm not sure that this is really acceptable, can we afford to carry a player like this? would it be better if Doyle moved on at the end of the season.......just a question?

It's a tough one. If we could actually sort out our midfield & defence and allow us to play 4-4-2...& if Fletcher & Doyle could strike up a partnership then it would really be exciting times for us.

But it's too many if's for me. I think we could see one of Fletcher or Doyle move at the end of the season (both if we get relegated).

S

SimplyTheWolves

All strikers go through a bad spell and there are numerous reasons for it, Doyle is no different.The one thing he clearly had yesterday and the QPR game was confidence and self belief. I don't think he was unhappy under Mick's reign, it was more a case of his bad spell occurring during this time. I think his bad spell has come to an end, and with a bit of luck he can stay injury free and continue to get back to his old self at a time just when we need him.

L

liquidatorwolf

More like the best outside the top 6?!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can any of you truly say though, that in all the times they have played together, there looks any sign of a natural partnership developing?

There hasn't...that's why I'd be open to the idea of getting shot of Doyle but we'd need to make sure we have a quality replacement to come in for him.

Doyle has never really looked good with a striker partner & I don't understand why.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Doyle was deprogrammed by Mick to the point where facing the goal furthest to him felt natural!

he has been on a reprogramming crash-course and it has started to show.....could have had a very early goal with the first chance of the match if he'd just smashed it....also had a great chance with a header from a Jarvis cross that went just wide.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There hasn't...that's why I'd be open to the idea of getting shot of Doyle but we'd need to make sure we have a quality replacement to come in for him.

Doyle has never really looked good with a striker partner & I don't understand why.

He has looked good with a strike partner.

Robbie Keane for Ireland.

Doyle plays slightly deeper and central and Keane plays on the shoulder of the last man and tends to be very busy.

I could see Fletcher doing the same.

We have got to get Doyle and Flecther both in the side, because if Doyle is in the form that he was yesterday, he makes the ball stick and we can then play with 4 in midfield.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has looked good with a strike partner.

Robbie Keane for Ireland.

Doyle plays slightly deeper and central and Keane plays on the shoulder of the last man and tends to be very busy.

I could see Fletcher doing the same.

We have got to get Doyle and Flecther both in the side, because if Doyle is in the form that he was yesterday, he makes the ball stick and we can then play with 4 in midfield.

I did mean for us...but I agree with you on that.

Well we've had Doyle save us in our first season...Fletcher save us in our second season...time for both of them to save us this season?

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Onme thing Mick never did was rotate. This meant either Doyle or Fletcher was in favour for weeks on end. A factor in injuries I think. I think we can play them together but we can just as easily rotate and not burn either out. In any approach it should mean we don't need to turn to SEB hopefully.

D

Deleted member 3751

Doyle was deprogrammed by Mick to the point where facing the goal furthest to him felt natural!

he has been on a reprogramming crash-course and it has started to show.....could have had a very early goal with the first chance of the match if he'd just smashed it....also had a great chance with a header from a Jarvis cross that went just wide.

Should've bloody squared that first chance to an unmarked Jarvis dead centre, 12 yards out! He played really well though, had a few chances and to endorse your comment, there was a moment in the first half that the ball got played left and Doyle began to move outside to provide an option, halfway there he turned round and got himself in the box as if he'd just remembered that's where he was supposed to go.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Should've bloody squared that first chance to an unmarked Jarvis dead centre, 12 yards out! He played really well though, had a few chances and to endorse your comment, there was a moment in the first half that the ball got played left and Doyle began to move outside to provide an option, halfway there he turned round and got himself in the box as if he'd just remembered that's where he was supposed to go.

Also in the 2nd half made a brilliant near post run to pull Williamson with him and create the space for Edwards to run into, I believe the cross came in from the right off the foot of JO'H and Dave just failed to connect with it. But again, it was fantastic work from Doyle. And in the box, too.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was noticeable how much Kevin Doyle was fired up against Newcastle.

His body language seemed totally different to that of recent months and his whole performance was back to the level of a season or two ago. Endeavour, tenacity and a team ethic.

I've always felt that one of the reasons KD chose to come to Wolves was due to Mick. I always felt he was one of Mick's men.

But after yesterday, I'm starting to question that. Was KD totally happy under Mick at the end and now he feels relieved he has gone?

Or was the sacking of Mick just a kick up the back side for him?

I think Doyle was Mick's man (seemed genuinely sad he had gone), but I don't think he was enjoying playing so isolated up from on his own of having to come wide all the time, In the QPR match (supposedly TCs idea) and yesterday he had a much freeer role and we got other players round in support better and it showed. Hopefully with 2 goals in the last 3 he'll have a bit more confidence to get into the box a bit more and score a few more

L

liquidatorwolf

I think Doyle was Mick's man (seemed genuinely sad he had gone), but I don't think he was enjoying playing so isolated up from on his own of having to come wide all the time, In the QPR match (supposedly TCs idea) and yesterday he had a much freeer role and we got other players round in support better and it showed. Hopefully with 2 goals in the last 3 he'll have a bit more confidence to get into the box a bit more and score a few more

I know where you are coming from but there were multiple instances when O'Hara and Edwards could have pushed up a bit more

M

Metro Wolf 2007

I thought Doyle suddenly looked like a goal-scorer rather than someone told he has to run his legs off. Good.

D

DR.Wolf

I think the worse thing we can do now is to drop Doyler, hes played well these last few games (like his old self) and to drop him now may knock his growing confidence abit.

But with Fletcher returning is there place for Doyler???

(Glad I ay TC!)

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we need both because, as proved yesterday, if one is injured we are in big trouble, just E-Banks left (or Wardy!)

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed Fletcher made a point on Twitter of how he was 'buzzing' for Doyle for getting his goal, whilst practically the entire squad celebrated with him when he scored. Perhaps it was a confidence crisis from KD rather than a lack of interest that can go some way to explaining his body language and severe lack of form this season.

hoop

Reaction score

If you watched MOTD they commented on how in the second half when we did punt a long ball up to KD there was always 2 or 3 people around him to pick up the knock-downs/flick-ons.

It made a big difference to our attacking options

Back
Top Bottom