Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

UEFA Euro 2020

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seedings for the draw on 30 November:

Pot 1
Italy (Group A with all group games in Rome)
Belgium (Group B)
Ukraine (Group C)
England (Group D with all group games in Wembley)
Spain (Group E with all group games in Bilbao)
Germany (Group F with all group games in Munich)

Pot 2
Russia (will be in Group B with at least 2 group games in St Petersburg)
Holland (will be in Group C with all group games in Amsterdam)
France
Poland
Switzerland
Croatia

Pot 3
Denmark (will be in Group B with at least 2 group games in Copenhagen)
Portugal
Turkey
Austria
Sweden
Czech Rep

Pot 4
Wales
Finland
Play-off winner of Path A (this will be either Iceland or 1 of Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary/Romania [TBD this Friday])
Play-off winner of Path B (will likely be drawn into Group E with Spain; this will be either Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland)
Play-off winner of Path C (will likely be drawn into Group D with England; possible opponents are Scotland, Norway, Serbia and 1 of Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary/Romania [TBD this Friday])
Play-off winner of Path D (this will be either Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo or Belarus)

Last edited:

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Seedings for the draw on 30 November:

Pot 1
Italy (Group A with all group games in Rome)
Belgium (Group B)
Ukraine (Group C)
England (Group D with all group games in Wembley)
Spain (Group E with all group games in Bilbao)
Germany (Group F with all group games in Munich)

Pot 2
Russia (will be in Group B with at least 2 group games in St Petersburg)
Holland (will be in Group C with all group games in Amsterdam)
France
Poland
Switzerland
Croatia

Pot 3
Denmark (will be in Group B with at least 2 group games in Copenhagen)
Portugal
Turkey
Austria
Sweden
Czech Rep

Pot 4
Wales
Finland
Play-off winner of Path A (1 of Iceland and Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary/Romania [TBD this Friday])
Play-off winner of Path B (1 of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland)
Play-off winner of Path C (will likely be drawn into Group D with England; possible opponents are Scotland, Norway, Serbia and 1 of Bulgaria/Israel/Hungary/Romania [TBD this Friday])
Play-off winner of Path D (1 of Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus)
Bizarre seeing France the World Champions in pot 2.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s between Belgium, France, England and Spain.

Great tournament though. Quality of teams best it’s ever been and better than a WC.

Likes of Portugal in pot 3.

Nice newcomer in Finland. Confusing how Belgium are allocated the same pot as Russia were in considering they were in same qualifying group. Seems daft.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Marrs why don't they use Fifa Rankings. Isn't it based on purely this tournament a bit short sighted?

N

Notts_Wolf

The only alternative would be a group with Ukraine and Russia together!

I'd love to see a Russia v Ukraine game. Been to both countries (Both great to visit) and more biased towards Ukraine as my best mate is of Ukrainian descent.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
I'd love to see a Russia v Ukraine game. Been to both countries (Both great to visit) and more biased towards Ukraine as my best mate is of Ukrainian descent.

You're not going to get it... I read this the other day.

"Prohibited clashes: For political reasons, UEFA have set pairs of teams which are considered prohibited clashes. In addition to being unable to be drawn into the same group, non-host teams are prevented from being drawn into a group hosted by a country they clash with, even should the host not qualify. These prohibited clashes apply to the following pairings: Kosovo / Russia, Russia / Ukraine.[42] (Kosovo / Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo / Serbia were also identified as prohibited clashes, but the teams in these pairs are all in the play-offs and are all in Pot 4 for the draw.)"

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
You're not going to get it... I read this the other day.

"Prohibited clashes: For political reasons, UEFA have set pairs of teams which are considered prohibited clashes. In addition to being unable to be drawn into the same group, non-host teams are prevented from being drawn into a group hosted by a country they clash with, even should the host not qualify. These prohibited clashes apply to the following pairings: Kosovo / Russia, Russia / Ukraine.[42] (Kosovo / Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo / Serbia were also identified as prohibited clashes, but the teams in these pairs are all in the play-offs and are all in Pot 4 for the draw.)"
So if they both get to the final they can't play each other :D:D:D

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

All group games at Wembley? Very boring...

North Bank

Reaction score
This has to be the most long winded qualification process ever invented? 55 teams started out, there is still only 15ish that are totally knocked out.

North Bank

Reaction score

Exactly. I understand the Nations League is there to help smaller nations get to tournaments but it doesn't half draw it out.
I'm not a fan of the winter break idea but it will happen evenutally. Makes sense to do away with either the October or November internationals, bring the league games forward a week and free up a weekend in December/January for clubs to have a 2 week gap.

North Bank

Reaction score
PLAY OFF DRAW -

Path A final
Winners of Bulgaria v Hungary to host the winners of Iceland v Romania
Path B final
Winners of Bosnia-Herzegovina v Northern Ireland to host the winners of Slovakia v Republic of Ireland
Path C final
Winners of Norway v Serbia to host the winners of Scotland v Israel

Path D final
Winners of Georgia v Belarus to host the winners of North Macedonia v Kosovo

Scotland will fancy their chances of making it passed Israel but maybe not Norway or Serbia. You'd think 1 of the Irish teams to get through path B.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Marrs why don't they use Fifa Rankings. Isn't it based on purely this tournament a bit short sighted?
This way keeps the qualifying marginally more interesting. Englands gane v Kosovo mattered a little bit where as using FIFA rankings would have made it inconsequential

D

Deleted member 9788

It's stupid that Portugal have had to try and qualify for a tournament they (jointly with wolves) are champions of! Should get an auto qualification if you win it.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
It seems completely unfair to me that the majority of the better nations effectively get their group games at home! what a shambles

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PLAY OFF DRAW -

Path A final
Winners of Bulgaria v Hungary to host the winners of Iceland v Romania
Path B final
Winners of Bosnia-Herzegovina v Northern Ireland to host the winners of Slovakia v Republic of Ireland
Path C final
Winners of Norway v Serbia to host the winners of Scotland v Israel

Path D final
Winners of Georgia v Belarus to host the winners of North Macedonia v Kosovo

Scotland will fancy their chances of making it passed Israel but maybe not Norway or Serbia. You'd think 1 of the Irish teams to get through path B.
Northern Ireland v Republic of Ireland surely can't happen if UEFA stick to their ruling on historical clashes.

North Bank

Reaction score
It's stupid that Portugal have had to try and qualify for a tournament they (jointly with wolves) are champions of! Should get an auto qualification if you win it.

Same with the World Cup. It's daft that UEFA do give the winners of the Champions League a free ride for the next competition but not at international level.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today's draw also confirmed that the winner of the Path C play-off will indeed go into England's group so we will play one of Scotland, Israel, Norway or Serbia.

Wales will either go into
a) Group A with Italy and 2 undetermined sides (1 of France, Poland, Switzerland, Croatia and 1 of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden and Czech Rep) (and play all their group games in Rome and Baku)
or
b) Group B and play against Belgium, Russia and Denmark (and play all their group games in St Petersburg and Copenhagen).

If either the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland get through the play-offs they will go into Group E with Spain and 2 undetermined sides (1 of France, Poland, Switzerland, Croatia and 1 of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden and Czech Rep). They will play all their group games in Bilbao and Dublin (Spain will have home advantage in every game though).

The only potential UK/Eire group clash is therefore England v Scotland, which will definitely take place if Scotland come through the play-offs and will be held at Wembley. Scotland would play their other two group games at Hampden.

Last edited:
S

Skyraker

So who is hosting the Tournament?

Ok so I got off my fat **** and googled it....

Semi and Final and Wembley, if it wasn't England I would fancy our chances.

It's not coming home.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The draw is as convoluted as a new game by Waddingtons

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the draw is next week,but the play offs to decide the final qualifiers aren't until March? Makes sense :rolleyes:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Platini take of a tournament,adding the corruption.

I OFFICIALLY hates Euro 2020..it is a notch better than frekkin Qatar 22..but only by a nose.

Bought and sold by people we shouldn´t touch by a two meter pole.

A disgrace from start to finish.A championship for the entitleded one´s.

Fudge them,,and I am a Conservative Swede.

Back
Top Bottom