Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Giles isn't premier league ready and he has had 2 or 3 loans...Bueno has been excellent but he isn't premier ready.....a loan abroad may be the answer..... Portugal maybe ....
Lage was talking up Giles earlier in the season claiming he was a similar level to RAN and would likely be in first-team contention next season.

Watching Bueno, I think he could gatecrash that. Looks a real talent and if he keeps up his rate of progression and continues to improve defensively not sure he’ll need a loan either. Offers a lot offensively, technically good, quick, can play inside, can finish, there’s a lot to like to be honest

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on some occasions. Kilman didnt and so far Cundle hasnt. I get the feeling Bueno is that talented he could go straight into the first team group. A player I think would be good for a loan is Chem Campbell.
Kilman was a bit different as he was older and had previously played competitive football, but even with him I’d argue he’d of come along quicker had he had a loan the season after he made his debut for us.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t buy in to all the vitriol towards him (Sellars) however they’ve employed a guy to manage the u23s so he should let the fella manage. Well done 4th official
He’s there every week how do we know that it’s not just about encouragement or that the coach isn’t happy about him being there?
Just cos everyone on the mix has a weird obsession with him doesn’t mean the club staff hate him,

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s there every week how do we know that it’s not just about encouragement or that the coach isn’t happy about him being there?
Just cos everyone on the mix has a weird obsession with him doesn’t mean the club staff hate him,
I didn’t say anything to the contrary (I even stated I don’t get all the negativity towards him) but I still think he should let them get on with it during the match.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is though that it can make, or break, a career and is out of our control. Subject to the whims of loan team management and the wider fortunes / politics of that team. It can work, as with MGW, but can also sideline good prospects. How has it been for the likes of Marques, Sanderson, etc? Some good some bad, but all out of the clubs sphere of influence.
Sanderson perhaps should of stayed at Brum, but even at qpr in the second half of the season he’s played much more than he would have staying here; will have learnt a lot this season.

But your obviously right that picking the right loan club for a player is vital.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a company gran - Dave Taylor

Ooh apologies thought I was on the Song Association thread. ;)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have Bueno on the bench and give the last few minutes at Liverpool. Don't want him slipping away because he can't ever dislodge Marcal from the role!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
FT 1-1 missed two great chances late on to win it. Extra time here we go!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Twice in a week we've dominated and not managed to find the winning goal, lets hope it doesn't cost us again on pens.

Back
Top Bottom