Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
There is a ‘players to watch out for next season’ article in the Republic of Ireland programme this evening…. Joe Hodge was on of the players selected….

View attachment 28334
Hodge is a very good footballer, you can see he’s spent time at Man City. He’s one of the players I think we could build the new U23 side around. I wouldn’t be against loaning him out though.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hodge is a very good footballer, you can see he’s spent time at Man City. He’s one of the players I think we could build the new U23 side around. I wouldn’t be against loaning him out though.

Think he is to good for U23 football now, but providing he can keep clear of serious injury issues I reckon he has a good future in the game, preferably with Wolves.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think he is to good for U23 football now, but providing he can keep clear of serious injury issues I reckon he has a good future in the game, preferably with Wolves.
We've just been promoted to the top division of u23s football. Still plenty of scope for him to develop technically and physically with the 23s IMO.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've just been promoted to the top division of u23s football. Still plenty of scope for him to develop technically and physically with the 23s IMO.

Agreed. I think you have to be cautious with a young player who has spent so long out injured too, he's still very young and there is always january for a loan if he is clearly above the level.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am still hoping we get Cleary who has left the **** but is wanted by a lot of clubs and one of them is rumoured to be us. Sounds a real striker and we need more strikers in the u23 squad.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am still hoping we get Cleary who has left the **** but is wanted by a lot of clubs and one of them is rumoured to be us. Sounds a real striker and we need more strikers in the u23 squad.

Sounds like a billy big *******s, or his agent is the same one Odemwingie had :laughing: not sure he'd pass our no ********* policy

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Who did he replace ? I can’t remember
Scott Sellars was our last academy manager but he’s been doing the role as part of his job since his promotion. Now it seems they’re bringing these two and splitting the responsibility.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Scott Sellars was our last academy manager but he’s been doing the role as part of his job since his promotion. Now it seems they’re bringing these two and splitting the responsibility.
Cheers

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL U23s will be changed to U21s from next season (although they've increased the amount of overage players you can play to compensate).

Probably won't change much for Wolves who play their sides on the young side anyway, but on top of the loan changes that were made last year to mitigate hoarding of players it might add more pressure to some teams.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL U23s will be changed to U21s from next season (although they've increased the amount of overage players you can play to compensate).

Probably won't change much for Wolves who play their sides on the young side anyway, but on top of the loan changes that were made last year to mitigate hoarding of players it might add more pressure to some teams.
How many over age players will you be allowed?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am pleased to see there are reports of clubs interested in Lewis Richards. I rated him highly but he has had bad luck with injuries. If he can get over them there is a good player potentially.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that number will be lowered over time, they've just put that in so players who suddenly got aged out by the change don't suffer for the next few seasons.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that number will be lowered over time, they've just put that in so players who suddenly got aged out by the change don't suffer for the next few seasons.
Quite likely l would have thought.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about new scholars joining this year? Normally we get to see what talented lads are joining by now.

Back
Top Bottom