Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Trevor Steven has his say

D

Deleted member 4456

He's slightly before my time as an England player - I was only 1 or so when he got his last cap. City AM is glorified toilet paper though.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Fairly bland and uninformed. Nothing that anyone else could have said to be fair. One thing it did show is that he hasn't understood what Fosun and Nuno are aiming to achieve. We're not another Burnley, over-achieving for one season found out the next.

Move along the bus Trevor

D

Deleted member LP 3925

He was class as a player. Great mullet at one point too.

D

Deleted member 4152

Bit **** that. 2 up top? 40 points is needed to stay up? Teams like us, once safe, take their foot off the pedal?

He ain’t been watching has he?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember him at Mexico 86. Loved that World Cup.

E

E is for idiot.

Wolves have Nuno and Mendes to thank for being back? No ****, Sherlock. Never have I seen someone take so many words to say absolutely ****ing nothing of value. **** off Trevor Steven, with your faint praise and from the hymn sheet "analysis".

Just **** off.

gewolf

Reaction score
Bit **** that. 2 up top? 40 points is needed to stay up? Teams like us, once safe, take their foot off the pedal?

He ain’t been watching has he?

He may have been watching but I agree with you that he has some of it wrong. Has he never heard Nuno saying that Wolves are only interested in looking to the next game? We all know that Nuno, and therefore the players, are no more likely to change their attitude after reaching 40 points than - I don't know what - all moving to the Albion? :)
It really is that unlikely!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All you kids..... he played in one of English football's finest midfields along with Peter Reid, Paul Bracewell and Kevin Sheedy. Although I'd say Strachan, Batty, Speed and McAllister was pretty good too.

All overshadowed by Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker, of course.

D

Deleted member 4023

All you kids..... he played in one of English football's finest midfields along with Peter Reid, Paul Bracewell and Kevin Sheedy. Although I'd say Strachan, Batty, Speed and McAllister was pretty good too.

All overshadowed by Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker, of course.

And Cameron, Ince, Rae & Kennedy

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm old enough that I should know him but I've always had very little interest in international football/other teams players.
When people discuss the current England team I'm amazed at their knowledge I'd struggle to name a 4 of the current English team.
After reading the comments on here though I won't bother reading his views anyway.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Wasn’t there two players called Gary Stevens plus Trevor Steven all around the England set up at the same time?

Yep, and all three were in the 86 world cup squad I think.

Gary Stevens played for Tottenham then Portsmouth.
Gary Stevens played for Everton then Rangers.
Trevor Steven played for Everton then Rangers.

The 80s was a very unimaginative time in many ways!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was lucky to have Andy Gray make his **** crssoes look good.

That's a joke btw. Class winger was Trevor Steven.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he still trying to catch up with and tackle maradona :)

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, and all three were in the 86 world cup squad I think.

Gary Stevens played for Tottenham then Portsmouth.
Gary Stevens played for Everton then Rangers.
Trevor Steven played for Everton then Rangers.

The 80s was a very unimaginative time in many ways!
I think the big draw of Rangers back then must have been regular European football, whereas all English clubs were banned at the time.

D

Deleted member 4594

I think the big draw of Rangers back then must have been regular European football, whereas all English clubs were banned at the time.
Rangers had 4 players in England’s 1990 World Cup squad, great time for Scottish football. Ray Wilkins went up there as well.

St.Simon.

Reaction score
Wolves have Nuno and Mendes to thank for being back? No ****, Sherlock. Never have I seen someone take so many words to say absolutely ****ing nothing of value. **** off Trevor Steven, with your faint praise and from the hymn sheet "analysis".

Just **** off.
Why are you being so rude to the guy? His article was complimentary and fair. Why the aggression?

E

E is for idiot.

Why are you being so rude to the guy? His article was complimentary and fair. Why the aggression?

Because it is typical of the bull**** that ex pros throw out without really knowing what they are on about. He thinks being an ex pro is a substitute for bothering to do any research. Then the site he is working for throw it up on their clickbait site waiting for fans to either **** themselves silly over the faint praise or get into a social media anger war over the faint criticism. It dilutes genuine analysis and makes it difficult to find anything actually worth reading.

Finding decent articles on anything to do with football is like searching through a pile of turds for a good bit of sweetcorn to eat. He is adding to this with his "article" which is utterly devoid of anything approaching analysis. It says nothing in 500 words. It's pointless and just damning with faint praise. From reading that I would be very surprised if he had seen us play more than once this season. He can **** off.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it is typical of the bull**** that ex pros throw out without really knowing what they are on about. He thinks being an ex pro is a substitute for bothering to do any research. Then the site he is working for throw it up on their clickbait site waiting for fans to either **** themselves silly over the faint praise or get into a social media anger war over the faint criticism. It dilutes genuine analysis and makes it difficult to find anything actually worth reading.

Finding decent articles on anything to do with football is like searching through a pile of turds for a good bit of sweetcorn to eat. He is adding to this with his "article" which is utterly devoid of anything approaching analysis. It says nothing in 500 words. It's pointless and just damning with faint praise. From reading that I would be very surprised if he had seen us play more than once this season. He can **** off.

"ooh..... you're an angry elf"

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trevor Steven: "Wolves are back, thanks to

Nuno Espirito Santo
Head Coach

Rui Pedro Silva
Assistant Head Coach

Julio Figueroa
First Team Coach

Rui Barbosa