Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Transfer Window Summary January 2009

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Here's the summary of players linked with Wolves during the January 2009 Transfer Window, click the link and it'll take you to the thread.

Let me know if I miss anyone and I'll add them in.

Defenders:
Michael Mancienne
. (Chelsea). (Posted by: Rocky Balboa. Source: NOTW. Jan 31st)
Tamika mkandawire. (Leyton Orient). (Posted by: Waterloo Wolf. Source: The Sun. Dec 28th)
Joe Mattock (Leicester). (Posted by RinceWind. Source: Sport.co.uk 14th Jan)
Alex Bruce (Ipswich). (Posted by Poole Wolf. Source: Daily Star 15th Jan)
Darren O'Dea (Celtic).(Posted by Bahama Wolf. Source: The Sun 20th Jan)
*Christophe Berra(Hearts).(Posted by Bumba Muffin. Source: SSN 27th Jan)
Calum Davenport(West Ham).(Posted by JBarnettUK1984. Source: DailyMirror 30th Jan)

Midfielders:

*Marvin Elliot. (Bristol City). (Posted by: 306NotOut Source: Daily Mirror 01st Jan & 29 Black 17th Jan)
JJ O'Toole. (Watford). (Posted by: Wolv3nsam Source: Rumour 01st Jan)
*Mikele Leigertwood.
(QPR). (Posted by: Wolv3nsam Source: Sky Sports News 03rd Jan)
Andrew Surman (Southhampton). (Posted by: sylar Source: The Sun 05th Jan)
Darren Ambrose (Charlton). (Posted by: Dr Cool Source: The Sun 06th Jan)
Kevin Kilbane (Wigan). (Posted by: Haden-Wolf Source: NOTW 04th Jan)
Michael Collins (Huddersfield). (Posted by: Wolv3nsam Source: Not confirmed 05th Jan)
Christophe Lepoint (Excelsior Mouscron). (Posted by: Haden-Wolf Source: SkySports News 10th Jan)
Chris Taylor (Oldham). (Posted by: Poole Wolf Source: Daily Mail News 14th Jan)
Signed 15th Jan: Kyel Reid (West Ham). (Posted by: LG Wolf Source: E&S 15th Jan)
Signed 22nd Jan: Nigel Quashie (West Ham). (Posted by: Wolverine Mick Source: Club Text 22nd Jan)
Giles Barnes (Derby). (Posted by: Poole Wolf Source: TalkSport 22nd Jan)
Brian Stock (Doncaster Rovers). (Posted by: 306NOTOUT Source: Sunday Mirror 01st Feb)

Gone elsewhere.
*Alan Gow. (Rangers). Failed Medical. (Posted by: sy_King Source: Various 28th Dec.)
Carlos Edwards (Sunderland). Loan Denied.
Wayne Routledge. (Aston Villa to QPR). (Posted by: Sozzled Wolf. Source Mercury/Observer. 20th Nov).
Scott Sinclair. (Chelsea to Birmingham). (Posted by: Still Proud Source: Sky Sports News 17th Dec.)

2008: Ebanks_Blake: 09th January 2008, Edwards: 10th January 2008, Kyle: 29th January 2008, Elokobi: 29th January 2009

* Probable / Definate bid placed

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Routledge is going to sign for Cardiff. Think we were linked a while back.

C

cooper_J

I'd love us to gazump that deal. 300k is a bloody steal.

S

sylar

Would anybody be interested to see mark wright from mk dons join us this month? He is a wolverhampton lad and plays the right side of midfield. Would make adequate cover on the wing in my opinion. Just a thought. :)

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We certainly need cover there but i have to confess the only mark wright i know is the allegedly racist ex liverpool and derby centre half.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're going to go for a League One winger then George Boyd of Posh please, or Chris Taylor of Oldham.

S

sylar

We certainly need cover there but i have to confess the only mark wright i know is the allegedly racist ex liverpool and derby centre half.

Nah this guy is ex walsall. His dad also played for them, Evran wright.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested to see mark wright from mk dons join us this month? He is a wolverhampton lad and plays the right side of midfield. Would make adequate cover on the wing in my opinion. Just a thought. :)

Didn't look especially brilliant at Walsall.

We'd have been interested in the Jemal Johnson/Craig Davies/Jamie Clapham/Guilherme Finkler days, not now.

No point in signing players who are 99% certain to be totally inadequate at the next level.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said it every transfer window but I think David Nugent would be a good signing, he's still young (23) and with Portsmouth in free fall (plus the fact he can't get a game for them due to Crouch and Defoe) I'd be tempted to lodge a bid. He'd add some quality strength in depth if nothing else and there's still plenty of time for him to prove himself in the Premier League.

H

haden-wolf

one of the two will be off from pompey soon, think nugent will then get a game, and they will be lucky not to be relegated

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point with Defoe having already announced his desire to leave.

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't he linked with Fulham and more recently Spurs?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hamill has gone back to Liverpool from Blackpool. May be worth seeing if we can get him on loan for rest of season.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lee Molyneux [Everton - Southampton] Free

Didn't live up to his name obviously!

H

haden-wolf

Think one or two will be off from the saints, looks like they are getting players in before their sales start

I

itsonlyagame

Routledge has turned Cardiff down for another club.... so is it for QPR or are we back in? :confused:

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bridge to Man City
Defoe demands move from Portsmouth, Adams " I don't know if he will play for us again"

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton

"no one in, and no one out" Say's Moyes.

Everton not buying

Doyle, SEB, Mancienne.

Interesting

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For wing cover I'd be tempted to launch a bid for Andrew Driver of Hearts, I think he has been linked to a few English clubs in the past (Burnley being one of them I'm sure) and is a 21 year old left winger. If Mick is aware of Christophe Berra then surely he's aware of Driver as well? We probably all agree wing cover is the next priority to central midfield and I doubt Scott Sinclair will be coming in any time soon as if Mancienne is playing a part in their FA Cup fixture tomorrow then surely he is as well.

Unless of course Alan Gow is our answer to wing cover.

Wolfie2

Reaction score
I believe that Shane Higgs has had his contract extended by a month but not to the end of the season. As Matt is out for the rest of the season, does this mean that another goalkeeper will be coming in during the month?

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it, we already have a fee agreed with Cheltenham for Higgs and a third goalkeeper isn't a massive priority - not to the point where you'd actively look for someone better than Higgs and pay more money for him.

The extra month without going right to the end of the season is more to cover us in case he gets injured in the meantime, I imagine, so we're not unnecessarily stuck with a player we can't use and don't even own.

H

haden-wolf

us and Hull with Kevin Kilban whose contract is running out at Wigan

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I pray that this Kilbane rumour and speculation remains just that.

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Kilbane isn't so bad. its just his WBA roots and his age but still he has quality

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilbane is and has always been overrated IMHO.

Johnybig, Kilbane is Irish too ............................

Last edited by a moderator:

PL jaspa888

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My LCFC friend has told me that there was a persistent rumour at their home match yesterday that we were interested in their star Bulgarian central defender (sorry cant remember his name) in exchange for Davies and £1m cash.

J

johnybig32

im liking the look of Addison from derby...big, powerful midfeilder...similar to Elliot but would be a lot cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom