Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tottenham (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1644735514869.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Here we go again! After a disappointing result but not terrible performance on Thursday, the lads have a chance to get things right down in the capital.

It’s a tough game today. Tottenhams season has been a bit strange, they’ve threatened to explode into form at lots of points but haven’t really done it, but you just know with the talent they have that they can beat anyone. We’ll need to be close to or pretty much at our best to get a positive result. I dont actually think a draw is a bad result but three points would be wonderful!

The team more or less picks itself. The only issue really is does Bruno keep the out of form Dendoncker in the team? The only other real option is Cundle, which would be a big call.

Whether you’re following from London, Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

On my way.
I have a good feeling about today.
I have a bad feeling about today.
Either way, it’s great being a Wolves supporter.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How the bloody hell are Villa on Sky again while I'm watching Wolves on a dodgy stream?
Is there some rule that the TV companies must show every game played by Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa?
What are we going to do when Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa play Frank Lampard's Everton? Have a ****ing bank holiday?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All eyes on Podence , will he stand up and score , and fingers crossed for Moutinho , the man Spurs let slip through their hands. Thank you Spurs !

Lycaon

Reaction score
Can’t say I’m too optimistic about this game, Conte will have ‘em fired up after their defeat to Saints and without any goal threat from us a 0-0 draw is the best we can hope for unless Bruno has other ideas?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We owe Tottenham for the highway robbery at Molineux earlier in the season. Southampton exposed Spurs frailties by taking the game to them, and I see no reason why Wolves can't do the same.
Indeed. Let’s hope we get a similar result and performance to the last time we owed a team from those first 3 games.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
I got a feeling that over the next 3 weeks I’m gonna dislike London clubs even more than I do now !
I do hope I’m wrong.
COYW

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope all heading to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium have a fun afternoon!

I would certainly drop Leander, with how inaffective he was on Thursday night and give Luke his first game.

One note too - if we win: we jump above Spurs and go 3 points off 4th; which what occurred when winning 2-3 on March 1st 2020!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We took the game to Man U at Old Trafford, so I'm hoping we'll do the same today. We really need a functioning midfield though and RAN and to actually play the inverted wingers narrow so they are in the same post code as Raul.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's going to be a 0-0 boring draw today.

We can win this!!

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forever the optimist but I can't see us getting anything from today. Hopefully I'll be wrong as ever.

gewolf

Reaction score
With Son and Kane - oh sorry, HARRY Kane! - up front, it's difficult to imagine Spurs not scoring at least once today.
Therefore we must score and if that happens the scorer will be an absolute hero for all Wolves fans, no matter who it is, because unfortunately at present no-one in our entire squad seems likely to score.
On the other hand, we all know that a goal will eventually come from any one of a number of players, so let today be the day for one of them - please!

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'v just got a feeling we will sneak a 0-1 win today.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Son and Kane - oh sorry, HARRY Kane! - up front, it's difficult to imagine Spurs not scoring at least once today.
Therefore we must score and if that happens the scorer will be an absolute hero for all Wolves fans, no matter who it is, because unfortunately at present no-one in our entire squad seems likely to score.
On the other hand, we all know that a goal will eventually come from any one of a number of players, so let today be the day for one of them - please!
According to this mornings paper if we carry on not scoring at the rate we're currently not scoring we're going to break the all time league record of not scoring, so we may win something this season after all.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
Any pub recommendations? Getting into Northumberland Park station in 15mins

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another difficult game in a run of difficult games this month
Cant see past another loss today, just dont see us scoring, and we will give them a couple of chances which they will take at least one
Hope im wrong and we find some cutting edge up front,i just dont know where from at this point

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t expect much here id take a draw. If Dendoncker starts in midfield I’m resigned to us getting battered
I've the grim feeling that if we don't score today we will lose, because Spurs will get at least one.
If one will be enough to avoid defeat is a question I don't like to think about.

colincameron

Reaction score
A few were touting Thursday’s game as a season definer. I don’t think it was, but this afternoon is. The teams in and around each other are always going to trade blows- the thing is, lose today and we’ve all but lost pace with the pack. Bounce back and we are right back in there. You win some you lose some but it’s about having the staying power when the chips are down.

Win today and the Arsenal defeat fades and we go on, lose today and it becomes the beginning of the end of the hunt for Europe.

I think top 4 is out of the question unfortunately, but 6th/7th is there for the taking with a big result today.

I hope we can stay in the mix until the last few games I really do, we all know the squad is paper thin but I honestly believe this group of players deserve something to play for going into the back end of the season. Would be a huge shame to stumble today.

On the team, I’d actually be putting Toti back in (doubt Bruno will though), Saiss looked a little jaded on Thursday imo. RAN back in at lwb and hopefully mouts in midfield, if not I would honestly throw cundle in there as opposed to donk today. Would also start chiq.

Sa
Semedo kilman coady toti RAN
Cundle neves
Chiq raul pod

Back
Top Bottom