Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Toti Gomes

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I imagining it or did Toti Gomes put in a couple of solid performances at centre half in January? I'm struggling to see how he'd be any worse than the three who played there today. We need to start looking to next season straight away and give him a run of games and see what he's made of.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did well, but the team wasn't as clown car as at present, so it's hard to say how exposed he would be in the present team. We'd make Van Dijk look like Vallejo with the current intensity and focus we play with.

Saiss has totally lost the plot though, not just the idiotic penalty, but his repeated ability to pass - under limited pressure - into the most dangerous area of our defensive third is alarming.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'd play the **** Saiss even if we had Maldini, Beckenbauer and Ramos.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another clueless Lage decision not to use him more along with Cundle. Cundle would actually improve us centrally if played in front of say Neves and Moutinho as he has good attacking ability and presses well.

Also why is Chiquinho never given a chance anymore. Looked very good off the bench and a player that actually looks exciting but again ignored by Lage instead of hopeless decisions like playing Dendoncker out wide and persisting with Hwang.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes did ok from a physical defensive pov, but he has nowhere near the quality or composure on the ball that Saiss or Kilman has when it comes to building from the back. Not that it seems to matter given how badly we're playing at the moment.

T

TheConcourse

There are question marks over all of our CB’s. Kilman included. I don’t think Toti is the answer.

Coady is a nothing player.

My opinion on Boly has changed. I was too romantic about his form back in the Championship and the first season back. He’s shot. Error after error.

Saiss.. he was spent two years ago.

Four years of PL revenue and our CB’s are no better than they were in The Championship. Bordering on neglect. I actually think our full confident Championship team would slap this version of our current team.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another clueless Lage decision not to use him more along with Cundle. Cundle would actually improve us centrally if played in front of say Neves and Moutinho as he has good attacking ability and presses well.

Also why is Chiquinho never given a chance anymore. Looked very good off the bench and a player that actually looks exciting but again ignored by Lage instead of hopeless decisions like playing Dendoncker out wide and persisting with Hwang.
Cundle got slated v Newcastle, in fairness.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying Toti or Mosquera are the answer but I'd rather see them get a go for the rest of the season as Boly and Saiss look finished to me.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one of the biggest mysteries for me. He performed more than well enough to keep his place and was wrongly dropped. The only thing I can think of is he is one of the apparent poor trainers amongst the squad

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are question marks over all of our CB’s. Kilman included. I don’t think Toti is the answer.

Coady is a nothing player.

My opinion on Boly has changed. I was too romantic about his form back in the Championship and the first season back. He’s shot. Error after error.

Saiss.. he was spent two years ago.

Four years of PL revenue and our CB’s are no better than they were in The Championship. Bordering on neglect. I actually think our full confident Championship team would slap this version of our current team.
Coady is an England international. I love the guy admittedly, and still think we need him around. Boly and Saiss aren’t the players to put him round.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Toti is the answer, we are asking the wrong question.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfairly in a way. In the second half he wasnt that bad and was clearly instructed to play deeper than he enjoys for the u23's.
It’s easy to be unfair when we lose, it’s why I’m concentrating on the manager, as I don’t think it’s possible to be unfair!!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is an England international. I love the guy admittedly, and still think we need him around. Boly and Saiss aren’t the players to put him round.

Put Toti and Mosquera with him for the the rest of the season. May as well now and give Chiquinho and Cundle a proper go.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying Toti or Mosquera are the answer but I'd rather see them get a go for the rest of the season as Boly and Saiss look finished to me.
Can they play up front? No one else can :)

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes did ok from a physical defensive pov, but he has nowhere near the quality or composure on the ball that Saiss or Kilman has when it comes to building from the back. Not that it seems to matter given how badly we're playing at the moment.
I agree re composure but it's normal for a debutante to play things safe. Main job of a CH is to defend and at the moment ours aren't doing that very well.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I imagining it or did Toti Gomes put in a couple of solid performances at centre half in January? I'm struggling to see how he'd be any worse than the three who played there today. We need to start looking to next season straight away and give him a run of games and see what he's made of.
Wasn't he taken off at HT v Norwich in the Cup?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've defended Saiss so much on here over the years. But since AFCON, he's been awful. Really odd as until then, he'd been excellent. It's now match after match, just doesn't look like the same player and it's getting worse. Today, it looked a couple of times like he was deliberately playing into trouble as if he wants out. Probably is going in the summer and also, it's not just Saiss.

Coady has also reverted to looking not good enough as an actual defender at this level. Again, following on from half a season when he'd looked at his best, strangely enough. Coady now seems to be back to the one from 3 seasons ago, but worse. Panicking whenever an attacker with any pace, power or skill is near him. Unfortunately that's most of them at this level. And maybe he too is on his way out?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football is a cruel industry and there is no room for sentiment. Did well as cover but he is unlikely to be a long term solution in that position for us.
As neither Boly or Saiss are a long term solution either based on recent performances surely it makes sense to find out more about Tori sooner than later? He may well not be good enough but we've got few alternatives at the moment.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree re composure but it's normal for a debutante to play things safe. Main job of a CH is to defend and at the moment ours aren't doing that very well.

I thought he looked quite good on the ball unless my memory is playing tricks on me. Bruno supposed to be a coach that gives young players a decent chance. I dont see great evidence of that at the moment.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As neither Boly or Saiss are a long term solution either based on recent performances surely it makes sense to find out more about Tori sooner than later? He may well not be good enough but we've got few alternatives at the moment.

Maybe, but if we are planning for next season I don't think Toti is the answer either. I'd rather us try a new system to be honest, than trial player in one we likely won't be using in August.

T

TheConcourse

Yeah, solid performance. One goal saving challenge and an absolute beast of a challenge in their half. Loved that.

More than capable to be in the squad next season.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a fairly full game, Toti didn't shirk a tackle and got well stuck in, which was rightfully to everyone's appreciation.

Him and Chiquniho are gonna have massive roles to play next campaign and I am very excited about such a prospect!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked better today than earlier in the season. He was tenacious, put in a number of good tackles and his persistence created the goal for RAN. I wouldn’t say he’s a starter long term if we want to get Huber but a good squad player who can come in and not let us down. But considering the car crash our defence has been for the last 3 months he should have come in earlier.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good back up option for next season imo but if he's starting regularly, I think questions need to be asked.

I do like him though & would love him to prove me wrong.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well today, saved a certain goal in the first half, generally solid, and far less wasteful in possession than previously. Only blight, wasn't it him with the weird overhead up and under when Neves was lining up his farewell volley?!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did well today, saved a certain goal in the first half, generally solid, and far less wasteful in possession than previously. Only blight, wasn't it him with the weird overhead up and under when Neves was lining up his farewell volley?!
It was

Back
Top Bottom