Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Torino the Home leg

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be there. Hopefully getting to Wolverhampton from Euston will be a bit smoother than it was for the last round, took me six hours all in all.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember the second leg against Juventus when we got to the Final.I had a seat in the Molineux St stand given to me by one of the players who lived by me .My brother and I were surrounded by a few hundred Italians who said they were waiters in England .Their histrionics at decisions given against Juve were somewhat novel to say the least .
I was on the North Bank, no Italians present for some reason !

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Taken part of the morning off to watch over here. Hard to believe still if things go our way, we're in Europe. Football...bloody hell.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many fans will Torino bring? I'm guessing they will be in the upper quadrant? I reckon they will bring a few with it being their last match in Europe this season...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha last match, probs 1000ish so the quadrant will be pretty full and the other seats draped with a 1000 flags.

D

Deleted member 4456

Sold out, save for a few single seats in the family area.

Denmark Wolf

Reaction score
I'll get this phrase in first. We need an early goal :) :)
This will be an interesting team selection from Nuno , I guess 3 or 4 changes after Sunday and clever use of the subs .

A 1 0 or even a 2 1 defeat and we are through, should be another electric atmosphere at Molineux , these are heady days indeed .

Would just love for Cutrone to get the winner...

R

reanswolf

yep just 14 tickets left, singles nearly all as usual in BW lower.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone on the 12:43 from Euston?

T

torino granata

How many fans will Torino bring? I'm guessing they will be in the upper quadrant? I reckon they will bring a few with it being their last match in Europe this season...

Around 500/600 tickets sold at the moment.
I guess the bad score will have some effect, the journey is expensive and "being our last match in Europe" (supersticious mode on), this might have depressed many.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dai want to sound like a fanny but has anyone who ordered tickets to be posted out last week had them yet? With bank holiday cutting fine ay it?

W

wolvesultra

yep just 14 tickets left, singles nearly all as usual in BW lower.
Have they opened the temporary stand yet?

If Torino have only sold 500-600 chance we might get the quadrant lower to sell.

wolvesdb

Groupie
Reaction score
Now that the Burnley match is out of the way, I can say I am looking forward to the match. A 3-2 away win means we have the advantage but clearly the tie is not over yet.

I have got my ticket and will be going. Steve Bull stand, J10.

It is amazing to think that if all goes well, we will be in the group stage of a European competition for the first time ever.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-1 win for Torino tonight v. Sassuolo. 2 goals and a yellow for Zaza

D

Deleted member 4456

Thursday's referee will be Jesús Gil Manzano from La Liga. He's based just a short hop from the Portuguese border. I wonder if the Italian press will pick that up.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they score an early goal it could get rather twitchy.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we get through when would our next European tie be??

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we get through when would our next European tie be??

19 September: Group stage, matchday one

3 October: Group stage, matchday two

24 October: Group stage, matchday three

7 November: Group stage, matchday four

28 November: Group stage, matchday five

12 December: Group stage, matchday six

Three of these fixtures will be at home and three away in Europe. These fixtures will have knock-ons to weekend fixtures (playing Sunday not Saturday).

If we get through Group Stage then knock-out stages start 20 February.

Full list of dates in below link.

2019/20 Europa League match and draw calendar

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot see us not scoring (crosses oneself several times and kicks the stuffed cat) so that means they need at least 3 goals to get through, which I cannot see happening.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said the same earlier, think we’ll score at least 1
But like I said - am now frantically putting horseshoes around my little old gold n black shrine at home - fearing my big gob has put it's foot in it - if you know what I mean loike.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
But like I said - am now frantically putting horseshoes around my little old gold n black shrine at home - fearing my big gob has put it's foot in it - if you know what I mean loike.
Can always come back to smack you on the mouth, but oh well! I’m sure most would agree, were averaging 3 a game in Europe this season!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot see us not scoring (crosses oneself several times and kicks the stuffed cat) so that means they need at least 3 goals to get through, which I cannot see happening.
Hope your right. I presume they’ll come at us hard. What we need is a quick goal. Also hope the ref can control this game better.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can always come back to smack you on the mouth, but oh well! I’m sure most would agree, were averaging 3 a game in Europe this season!
Wolves of old - I'd be worried and confident we'd **** up. But Nuno's Wolves are a completely different beast. For one, they do not know when they are beat, which is always worth a goal - as Burnley found out to their cost!

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Wolves of old - I'd be worried and confident we'd **** up. But Nuno's Wolves are a completely different beast. For one, they do not know when they are beat, which is always worth a goal - as Burnley found out to their cost!
Tbf first goal is massive on Thursday, if we get it they need to score 3 in a row.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf first goal is massive on Thursday, if we get it they need to score 3 in a row.
Always is - but even then - this Wolves team seems to win more games from a goal down than I can remember.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be there again, been to every home europa league game so far. Will hopefully go to an away game in the group stages.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it you didn't go to the semi final then :eek:

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it you didn't go to the semi final then :eek:
Yes I did. Point taken. But then there were also comebacks aplenty last season, United, Chelsea, Spurs and a late kick in the balls for Rafa.

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Yes I did. Point taken. But then there were also comebacks aplenty last season, United, Chelsea, Spurs and a late kick in the balls for Rafa.

Twice!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nerves already slightly building here, going to be a long two days.

Back
Top Bottom