Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top 4

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, I have picked a sweet spot but from game week 15 to 37, i.e. now, we are 4th.

From week 1 to 14 we were 12th, so it could be said once we found out feet, we are top 4. Bodes well doesn't it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190505-192124.png
    Screenshot_20190505-192124.png
    338.7 KB · Views: 103

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These last 2 seasons have been special, very special. Next season could be one helluva humdinger. Can’t wait.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play our cards right in the summer transfer window and we could be in for an even more exciting time next season.

S

ShropshireLad

Ok, I have picked a sweet spot but from game week 15 to 37, i.e. now, we are 4th.

From week 1 to 14 we were 12th, so it could be said once we found out feet, we are top 4. Bodes well doesn't it.
The season is a season long and nearly all clubs have ups and downs. Huddersfield beat us twice Spurs have lost to some strange clubs and the list goes on. All that matters is the table at the end of the season and this over and under achieving malarky is just bull ****. The table doesn't lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shows we’re moving in the right direction once our young guns found their feet at this level, our progress is incredible

If we can get our recruitment right again in the summer, (which will be harder to improve on our X1 players this time) and if we can overcome those packed defences (of which there will be more next season) then our aim has to be finish higher, and finishing higher is overtaking some of the big six

United and Arsenal are vulnerable, especially if Arsenal don’t win the Europa. If Chelsea lose Hazard and get a transfer ban you can add them too

Bigger threat from those who we finished in front of next season to be wary of, Leicester, Everton and Watford. We need to recruit better than them again

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season is a season and nearly all clubs have ups and downs. Huddersfield beat us twice Spurs have lost to some strange clubs and the list goes on. All that matters is the table at the end of the season and this over and under achieving malarky is just bull ****. The table doesn't lie.
Your right, its a table and it doesn't lie. We have been the 4th best team in England for the last 23 games. Hardly flash in the pan stuff. Didn't Leicester finish the season before they won it very strongly? I believe they did, they found a winning combination and just kept it going. That's what we have, a very strong winning combination.
You can harp on about uddersfield all you like, that's just a couple of games, one of which was in the period covered, that is more meaningless to me than the actual trend shown.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Try since (I think) we last started a game playing 3-4-3 (loss at home to Palace).

Since then our form is as below (including a run to the semi final of the FA cup, which included beating Liverpool and Man Utd at home).

upload_2019-5-5_21-33-56.jpeg

Not bad is it.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a few things which go make our improvement , not least that Diogo has found the form of last season, added to the slight change in formation... plus Raul finding the back of the net reguarly..

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Bodes well as a snapshot but lets keep it real.

Gives us a foundation but in no way does it indicate our potential to be up there with how it is with us currently. There will be an inevitable shift in dynamic with the thinking and action against us next season.

We will still definitely need to inject quality and depth to enable a genuine challenge......the water is never still enough in the PL to allow a fantasy possibility. Leicester caught everyone on the hop totally unexpectedly, we in comparison will be a force recognised.

S

ShropshireLad

Your right, its a table and it doesn't lie. We have been the 4th best team in England for the last 23 games. Hardly flash in the pan stuff. Didn't Leicester finish the season before they won it very strongly? I believe they did, they found a winning combination and just kept it going. That's what we have, a very strong winning combination.
You can harp on about uddersfield all you like, that's just a couple of games, one of which was in the period covered, that is more meaningless to me than the actual trend shown.
Onward and upward to next season and I'm not into this "If we.../If they..." nonsense. We'll strengthen but whether we have a squad strong enough to compete in the Prem and in Europe is what football is all about - a game of wait and see. We may not even have the chance of playing in the Europa League as a result of the various permutations involved. As I said, it's a game of wait and see but we'll soon find out. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShropshireLad

Try since (I think) we last started a game playing 3-4-3 (loss at home to Palace).

Since then our form is as below (including a run to the semi final of the FA cup, which included beating Liverpool and Man Utd at home).

View attachment 9967

Not bad is it.
I'm very pleased with what we've done since Christmas but it's absurd to protract any conclusions from it. Leicester had a brilliant run to the end when they won the Prem but their following season didn't continue that way. If you take the 6 games when we played badly we were relegation fodder. Let's just rejoice at what the final table shows whether we're 7th or 8th and not beguile ourselves with superficial stats.

D

Deleted member 4152

Shows we’re moving in the right direction once our young guns found their feet at this level, our progress is incredible

If we can get our recruitment right again in the summer, (which will be harder to improve on our X1 players this time) and if we can overcome those packed defences (of which there will be more next season) then our aim has to be finish higher, and finishing higher is overtaking some of the big six

United and Arsenal are vulnerable, especially if Arsenal don’t win the Europa. If Chelsea lose Hazard and get a transfer ban you can add them too

Bigger threat from those who we finished in front of next season to be wary of, Leicester, Everton and Watford. We need to recruit better than them again
This. Spot on

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with what we've done since Christmas but it's absurd to protract any conclusions from it. Leicester had a brilliant run to the end when they won the Prem but their following season didn't continue that way. If you take the 6 games when we played badly we were relegation fodder. Let's just rejoice at what the final table shows whether we're 7th or 8th and not beguile ourselves with superficial stats.

Completely agree, just interesting to see how we’ve progressed over the season.

A lot is made of how newly promoted teams often start okay but fade as the season goes on but we had that, had the rough patch and then kicked on and got better as the season progressed.

It’s been a phenomenal season and I’m not suggesting any of these stats point to anything we’ll do next season, just how well we’ve done this season and how we’ve got better as it’s gone on, particularly with the permanent switch to 3-5-2.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the last 3 games we'd be joint top and in the Champions League!!!!
That's almost what I said, based on the last 23 games we'd be in the champions League. Great isn't it.
There's no awards because it's not a full season but it certainly illustrates that over a significant period of consecutive matches, on average, we have been at the required standard, have we not?
That's why we should not be afraid to go forward, invest and progress further.
I know its going to be hard for some fans (especially of other clubs) to accept that we can be a club at the top table but it's going to happen. That's mine and I'm sure our players, management and owners opinion.

Back
Top Bottom