Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This Fulham side look for more aggressive than any other recent Fulham Premier League teams. Marco Silva has done a good job. Think they will be less powderpuff than earlier seasons and harder to beat.

Pressed like madmen for that opening 15 mins, a nice benefit of the 5 sub rule is we should be seeing more teams press for longer periods as obviously 2 more players can be subbed now. It's why depth is so so important, we really got to bring some more bodies in.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't back reans when he was arguing as I hadn't seen him play properly for some time but he's exactly what he said. Powerful, mpbile, aggressive and wins the ball back a lot.

Haven't been able to judge him properly on the ball today but he did get caught in possession once so he doesn't stand out in that respect.

However, as a pure defensive midfielder he has been fantastic and looks as though he has the tools to be a massive hit in this league.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Palhinha has been class so far for Fulham won the ball back so many times.. Looks a good signing!

Absolutely spot on.

How we have decided not to pick him up for £15m is beyond me. Cracking signing on the evidence of the first half.

He would have give Neves room to play and protect the back four.

Crazy decision :(

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why though?

He was the Neves replacement, is he as good as Neves? No.

If anything it shows they actually did well in that we had an ideal player lined up as a replacement and at a much cheaper price.

I’d have liked him as an addition to Neves though.
For 15m we should have bought him outright…. (Wishful thinking)
I would suggest he’s shows more mobility and tackling ability than Dendoncker.….

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Palhinha today I am fuming we didnt sign him. Just what we needed.

Looks how I'd imagine, unless we was going to go 4231, don't see how he'd get in the side.
No doubt he's better then Donk and maybe Moutinho now, just doesn't fit the system

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Neves and Dendoncker have 2 years left on their contract and Moutinho will be out of contract at the end of the season (and 37!)

Signing Palhinha for £15m not only would have given us a perfect, ready-to-go foil for Neves in the 4-2-3-1 this season, but also a fantastic value option for replacing one (or more) of those three in advance of those contract issues coming to a head next Summer. Not sure how much more it will cost us to do that properly then.

All that plus he was someone that had obviously been our radar for years and genuinely wanted to come. Hugely frustrating to have missed out.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on.

How we have decided not to pick him up for £15m is beyond me. Cracking signing on the evidence of the first half.

He would have give Neves room to play and protect the back four.

Crazy decision :(
Because we don’t have £15m?

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves and Dendoncker have 2 years left on their contract and Moutinho will be out of contract at the end of the season (and 37!)

Signing Palhinha for £15m not only would have given us a perfect, ready-to-go foil for Neves in the 4-2-3-1 this season, but also a fantastic value option for replacing one (or more) of those three in advance of those contract issues coming to a head next Summer. Not sure how much more it will cost us to do that properly then.

All that plus he was someone that had obviously been our radar for years and genuinely wanted to come. Hugely frustrating to have missed out.

Nit sure it's "missed out", more like couldn't be bothered

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Should be 2-0, off the inside of the post. Fulham bossing Liverpool all over the pitch. I imagine there's quite a few pundits out there that wish they could change their 'Fulham certainties to go down' predictions. Still, game not over and one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Is he significantly better than Dendonker?

Not significantly but I do think he is better. Far more physical.

Perfect player at great value to play in the 4-2-3-1 and be the long-term replacement for when Neves and or/Dendoncker move on.

Made even more frustrating by the news on Moutinho today. We were always going to need a minimum of 5 senior midfielders if we were looking to go 4-2-3-1 (which is what we would have played if we had a striker) or 4-3-3.

Said earlier in the Summer, the player he is most similar to is Declan Rice (obviously not quite at that level). To get a player of his pedigree for £15m would have been great business.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has done a proper job on Henderson though!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very harsh on Fulham but I guess that's why top strikers are so pricey.

Palhinha looked v good but Reed has been superb so far. Very unlucky to be level fulham

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't stand Liverpool but that was an insane goal, 2 mins before the keeper saves down low so this time he chips him with the heel. Crazy good unfortunately

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Can't stand Liverpool but that was an insane goal, 2 mins before the keeper saves down low so this time he chips him with the heel. Crazy good unfortunately
Looked like an own goal? Edit - on second look, maybe not. Looks like you are right.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool are awful - its very pleasing to watch...
I've only seen the second half and it did look like Liverpool being more way off colour, than Fulham turning into world beaters. Liverpool went up a gear, equalised. But now a penalty for Fulham...Good match.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City already have an advantage in the title race.

R

reanswolf

Is he significantly better

Perfect player at great value to play in the 4-2-3-1 and be the long-term replacement for when Neves and or/Dendoncker move on.

Made even more frustrating by the news on Moutinho today. We were always going to need a minimum of 5 senior midfielders if we were looking to go 4-2-3-1 (which is what we would have played if we had a striker) or 4-3-3.

Said earlier in the Summer, the player he is most similar to is Declan Rice (obviously not quite at that level). To get a player of his pedigree for £15m would have been great business.
It drives me to anger how we have missed out on him.

For me whilst I am not saying he is the saviour reborn, he is a lot better than Donk, clearly so in my eyes. He would have been the perfect partner for Neves, allowing him to thrive.

I don’t even see how it’s debatable, it’s that clear. Just my view.

He was very keen to come too.

Typical Wolves, sorry but bloody jokers on this occasion. Forgive me I know my frustration gets the better of me. Several of us (me, Tring, Jos) have always felt this way about him. But it’s a long season and of course he may not always play to a high standard, but probably more reliable than a 36 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This game shows how difficult it is to beat Liverpool and Manchester City. You can play your very best, they can have an off day, you can have a bit of luck, but they still come back at you. 2-2 at the moment. Fulham will be hoping to hang on for the draw now.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be a divided view on that so not clear and obvious to turn over ?

Sure Klopp will have his say !
Seems like it was maybe a bit of knee-on-knee, but Mitro knew what he was doing!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

For me whilst I am not saying he is the saviour reborn, he is a lot better than Donk, clearly so in my eyes. He would have been the perfect partner for Neves, allowing him to thrive.

Typical Wolves, sorry but bloody jokers on this occasion. Forgive me I know my frustration gets the better of me.
It's not just you Reans - I'm as angry as **** too, I hope I'm wrong but looking at the bench today it almost looks like we're trying to self destruct.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitrovic would be so good in our system

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s my Accas up the spout!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Typical Wolves, sorry but bloody jokers on this occasion. Forgive me I know my frustration gets the better of me. Several of us (me, Tring) have always felt this way about him. But it’s a long season and of course he may not always play to a high standard, but probably more reliable than a 36 year old.

I agree with you that he's a lot better than Donk. When I've seen him before, he looked like a better version of Donk, much more than a replacement for Neves or Moutinho.

The problem for me is that while a Donk upgrade would be good, I don't think it's a priority to improve us. Look at the Fulham match today, the difference wasnt' a good defensive midfielder, it was that Fulham have a genuine goal scorer and all round striker. Might be heresy here, but at his age now, Mitrovic is looking comparable to peak Raul. And light years ahead of any of our other forwards (in terms of actual goal threat, not merely "running very very fast in the general direction of goal").

Looking at Mitrovics first goal, people can talk about "we haven't got the midfielders to create chances for the forwards", but I doubt any of our forwards (other than Raul at peak) get anywhere near scoring exactly the same situation.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont think he was anything special really. He would have been worth the 15 million, but he wouldnt have done that much for us with our current setup. He would just replace whoever left.

Back
Top Bottom