Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had cause to travel through Finsbury Park tonight. All the boozers full of characters in Arsenal shirts. Is only me that just doesn't get that?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had cause to travel through Finsbury Park tonight. All the boozers full of characters in Arsenal shirts. Is only me that just doesn't get that?
What? Wearing football shirts?
(If so, I concur; unless you're a Geordie or a babbie or both.)

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This overhyping of the Palace atmosphere is so boring. Once again wasn't very good.
Agree. The plastic 'ultras' are a bit embarrassing.
But it's still a better atmosphere than most; maybe with the exception of us, Villa, Leeds, Newcastle when they're on it, and the north west clubs when they play each other.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks to Jesus for not managing a shot on target. Great start to the weekend!
Also I am sure that handball in the first half was looked at by var in about a second and I am sure would have been stonewall for Liverpool or City.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking more travelling to "team pubs" to watch away fixtures on TV too.
I remember not being able to get a ticket for the play off final and getting the train from Redditch to Wolverhampton to watch it on the tele with our kid and a load of other lads. That was worth it, the atmosphere was brilliant, but for a normal league game, I see what you mean...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember not being able to get a ticket for the play off final and getting the train from Redditch to Wolverhampton to watch it on the tele with our kid and a load of other lads. That was worth it, the atmosphere was brilliant, but for a normal league game, I see what you mean...
Big games l sort of get but....

Mind you given that l do a pretty much 300 mile round trip for home games l hardly think that l'm going to watch away games in a Wolvo pub lol.....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be a pitch inspection at Coventry today to see if their game against Rotherham United can go ahead after concerns were raised over the condition of the pitch. I presume it has been damaged by the rugby at the Commonwealth games.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be a pitch inspection at Coventry today to see if their game against Rotherham United can go ahead after concerns were raised over the condition of the pitch. I presume it has been damaged by the rugby at the Commonwealth games.
I'm guessing that the dry weather won't have helped restore the playing surface. Poor though, particularly given that rugby is played there regularly.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Judging by these first games the refs seem to be more lenient on 50-50 challenges and are avoiding giving soft fouls which can only be a good thing.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham have started quite well against Liverpool.
Marco Silva has them well drilled, missing a few players that would probably start (Leno, Solomon, Mbabu), quite fancy them to stop up or at least give it a good much better shot this time. Liverpool will go up a gear in the second half and win you'd think though.

MontyR

Reaction score
29 minutes into the season and Fulham look like they might actually stay up this year.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
29 minutes into the season and Fulham look like they might actually stay up this year.
I much prefer their strategy to Forest, even if their own manager doesn't! They smashed the championship. Retain the same team, upgrade 2/3 key positions and try and channel that mentality again.

Working so far

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play Fulham, playing very well.

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fulham playing well. Funny to hear typical scousers complaining about the ‘foul’ on henderson

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I'm impressed that they are going for it against Liverpool. Created more chances against Liverpool in the first 5 minutes than we did all game at home to them last season. Second half might be different. If it stays like this the title race could be over!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great goal. Never a foul. Fully deserved. They're making Liverpool look awful.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm impressed that they are going for it against Liverpool. Created more chances against Liverpool in the first 5 minutes than we did all game at home to them last season. Second half might be different. If it stays like this the title race could be over!

This is how you play against Liverpool. They dont like it. Never understood our approach in the home game against them last season. Very much hope our side play like this today.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinia making our transfer department look like an even bigger bunch of fools
Why though?

He was the Neves replacement, is he as good as Neves? No.

If anything it shows they actually did well in that we had an ideal player lined up as a replacement and at a much cheaper price.

I’d have liked him as an addition to Neves though.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why though?

He was the Neves replacement, is he as good as Neves? No.

If anything it shows they actually did well in that we had an ideal player lined up as a replacement and at a much cheaper price.

I’d have liked him as an addition to Neves though.
He's a completely different player.

He should've been brought in alongside Neves as you touch upon at the bottom.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I cannot believe people actually spent time arguing with @reanswolf saying Palhinha is similar to what we have.

Exactly what Reans and I have said for a while. Palhinha was perfect for us. Great price for somebody who has won the same number of caps over the last two years as Neves, played in the Champions League and has a real physical presence about him. And most importantly, someone who we genuinely could have attracted.

Him and Neves in the 4-2-3-1 would have been perfect and offered the protection and quality needed to play four genuinely attacking players ahead of them.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool not on it but that's an excellent half from Fulham. Well-drilled, getting stuck in, and used the ball well too.

Said all along we should have signed Palhinha (even more so given that Ruben is almost certainly leaving next summer) and he's been great out there today.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a completely different player.

He should've been brought in alongside Neves as you touch upon at the bottom.
Yea, I’d like him but I’m not gutted we haven’t got him. It’s not the transfer team that’s ballsed up really, they identified him as somebody to sign, it’s the people who hold the purse strings who are to blame.

Back
Top Bottom