Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City have ruined the premier league as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if its technically brilliant, without any sense of competition in a game, its utterly pointless.

Their old school fans must be slightly embarrassed by what they've become.

Ricky Hatton said that he'd rather have the old Man City back. It must be weird going into virtually every game knowing you're going to win, and generally so effortlessly. I mean West Ham are a good side as well and they're made to look utterly inferior in every way. I dunno, there's something very robotic about it all that ruins it in my opinion.

I mean is it really that impressive to spend 100 million on a squad player, or 45 million on a back up defensive midfielder and be deemed a genius for ending up with a successful team?

rubyloo

Reaction score
Ricky Hatton said that he'd rather have the old Man City back. It must be weird going into virtually every game knowing you're going to win, and generally so effortlessly. I mean West Ham are a good side as well and they're made to look utterly inferior in every way. I dunno, there's something very robotic about it all that ruins it in my opinion.

I mean is it really that impressive to spend 100 million on a squad player, or 45 million on a back up defensive midfielder and be deemed a genius for ending up with a successful team?

the old man city had some character - the new man city is a soulless corporate machine.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must say I rate Potter at Brighton. Terrific in game management in that game today.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City have ruined the premier league as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if its technically brilliant, without any sense of competition in a game, its utterly pointless.

Their old school fans must be slightly embarrassed by what they've become.
No different to Liverpool man United Chelsea spurs arsenal …..

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must say I rate Potter at Brighton. Terrific in game management in that game today.

This video really shows how well Brighton out thought Utd (it's also pretty scathing about Fred and Maguire).

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, it is still 'that impressive' to spend when you spend well. Every club manager could spend £100m if they were given it by the club, but not many could spend it well. Thousands of examples of managers spending vast sums, but badly; Sanchez, Pogba, Coutinho at Barca, Hazard at RM, Kepa and dare I say, our own Silva to date are all examples of spending big, but wasting the clubs' money.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen Keiffer Moores goal for Bournemouth. Floated cross, ball in air and from about 9 or 10 yards out, heads it in like a rocket. Seen similar positions for us many times, only to see them not get near the ball, or send a weak header skywards.
The same keifer moore who our recruitment team couldn’t sign as an established premier league team and he joined a newly promoted team?

People slagged it off, not seeing that type of goal being what he offers and has scored for wales on the international stage.

He wouldn’t have been a world beater but he would have been a solid point of difference built for English football.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martinez getting bullied at the back for Utd.
Who would have thought a midget in the land of giants would get bullied in a physical league like England that isn’t a doss like the Dutch league… madness.

Do you think ten Haag will do well? Personally i think he was the wrong appointment and they won’t have a “Man Utd” quality of season.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the old man city had some character - the new man city is a soulless corporate machine.
Yup, many city fans hate the emptyhad and moss Maine road.

Like the cov fans who hate the CBS and long for highfield road.

Football the higher you go is less about the matchday attendee and more about tv/pub viewers looking at the late fixture changes to suit TV and not those paying and making the sacrifice. But as long as those tv revenues come in we will drop further and further down the pecking order.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Revisiting that ridiculous decision not to give a penalty for Brighton, phrases like "high bar," "clear and obvious error'" and "teething problems" are just so frustrating. I don't believe in a VAR conspiracy but this decision between VAR and the on field referee just beggars belief.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Revisiting that ridiculous decision not to give a penalty for Brighton, phrases like "high bar," "clear and obvious error'" and "teething problems" are just so frustrating. I don't believe in a VAR conspiracy but this decision between VAR and the on field referee just beggars belief.

Truly awful decision. Wrong for all the reasons cited. What is the point of VAR if it can't overturn a blatant error like that? The irony is that given the increased number of penalties given when attackers collapse after a light touch, Welbeck is trying to stay on his feet but is well and truly taken out. We all complain about play acting, making a meal of nothing, but what else can players do when a clear, clumsy charge that knocks someone flying is ignored?

Of course, nobody has to guess the club and venue who benefited from it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same keifer moore who our recruitment team couldn’t sign as an established premier league team and he joined a newly promoted team?

People slagged it off, not seeing that type of goal being what he offers and has scored for wales on the international stage.

He wouldn’t have been a world beater but he would have been a solid point of difference built for English football.

Yes. We'll see this season, but I'd go along with you that though not a world beater, could well have got 5 or 6 goals for us in a season. Not much to shout about, but if added to our paltry total, could have made a difference. Would have offered us something different in matches like Norwich and Burnley where we couldn't score - especially if we'd got him working with Adama. We finished 5 points off Europe - 2 goals against Norwich and 1 against Burnley would have seen us there.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate Watford. But hope they win tonight.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Honestly outrageous

The VAR should be banned

More to the point - the ref should look at the ****ing screen

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ismaila Sarr has just lived out one of my dreams. What a goal.
I remember scoring a free-kick from my own half, albeit at a much lower standard and out of total anger and frustration, due to the lacklustre showing from my team and the embarrassment of being totally taken the **** out of by our opponents. I had no plan to score and just boomed the ball as hard as I could, in the general direction of the other teams goal. Not only did it hit the target but much to my surprise it went in and was so ferocious it almost took the keeper in with it!!! We lost 10-1!!! Lol

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Joined a newly promoted team??? He joined Bournemouth in the Chump and was part of their promotion winning team.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joined a newly promoted team??? He joined Bournemouth in the Chump and was part of their promotion winning team.
Yes, I realised I made that mistake but don’t have an edit function after I pressed “post reply” I just went “sod it” about doing a correction post.

Meant to say he chose championship football over us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
God knows how we are ahead !

Mind you this is what happened last time in the Championship.

Not very good - often outplayed but somehow win or stay in the game .

That front line should, in theory, be way too good for the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom