Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham defending well, but my word this Man City team is scary. Haaland being serviced by KDB, Grealish, Foden, Gundogan, Rodri, Cancelo... (with Silva and Mahrez on the bench) be shocked if Haaland doesn't pass 30 goals this season.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's a bit of a yawn fest because it's not competitive. So nothing against Man City per se, but for a football game to be entertaining it has to be competitive and a little unpredictable.

In other news, West Ham's new kit is awful.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a bit of a yawn fest because it's not competitive. So nothing against Man City per se, but for a football game to be entertaining it has to be competitive and a little unpredictable.

They do it to everyone other than Liverpool. Even the likes of Chelsea and Spurs with all their attacking abilities are reduced to scraps, particularly at the Etihad. Must be brilliant as a Man City fan, but from a neutral perspective it's pretty dull to watch. 11 robots I saw them described as haha.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

Isn't upto West Ham to make a game of it...

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They are to an extent. Other than the penalty, Man City haven't really created an abundance of great chances considering their dominance. They've a 50 million (at least) player in every single position of the pitch. In other words, bloody difficult to play against.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio starts for Anderlecht. Playing the bottom of the league. Hat trick incoming!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
To some extent, but there's only so much you can do against a team of the most expensive and best players in the world. You have to dig in and play defensively. It's boring. To have any chance of getting anything they have to have an off day and the opposition have to be at their best. There's a reason they've won the league the last 2 seasons, teams couldn't give them a game, only in rare circumstances. Only other expensively assembled teams in Europe can give them a good game in the Champions League.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To some extent, but there's only so much you can do against a team of the most expensive and best players in the world. You have to dig in and play defensively. It's boring. To have any chance of getting anything they have to have an off day and the opposition have to be at their best. There's a reason they've won the league the last 2 seasons, teams couldn't give them a game, only in rare circumstances. Only other expensively assembled teams in Europe can give them a good game in the Champions League.

Unless you're Liverpool, the only way to beat them is how we did in 2019 at their place. Defend exceptionally and catch them with pace on the break and make sure you take your chances. And even then you're heavily relying on other factors coming together. It usually happens once or twice a season. Palace and Spurs managed it last campaign. But I imagine the stats in both games were ridiculous.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hilarious from Fabio. Long ball up to him, he mistimed it totally and it hit him in the face. Fell over and tried to claim a foul.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham - A team who've been in and around CL places for 2 years at just 0-1 down at home with 40 minutes left are now 40/1 to win. And no one will back them.

An illustration of how ridiculous it is.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BTW Good match to watch as Fabio is way more involved in this league than in the Premier League. In first 12 mins, he's been involved in severa tussles with defenders , losing out just about every time. However I have a feeling than when he wins one, the ball will be in the back of the net.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Haaland-clinical.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such simple football…. They just find space and pass into it

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Erling Håland..what a striker.
Any comment from Roy Keane?..:)

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to crown Man City as Premier League Champions and EB Haaland as the league top goal scorer with over 30 goals in the league this season.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean..West Ham defence left completely buttnaked when Hålands first couple of yards pace dictated.
He´ll smash this league this season.
Only negative..he is norwegian..:)

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I would like to crown Man City as Premier League Champions and EB Haaland as the league top goal scorer with over 30 goals in the league this season.
86 goals in 89 appearances for Dortmund is unbelievable. They weren't even the best team in the league. He could possibly get over 40 goals this season.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Such simple football…. They just find space and pass into it
Exactly, nothing they do is absolutely breathtaking. They are just a well drilled side, who are better at doing it than other teams, but it really isn’t rocket science.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve had a memory failure…. There was nothing boring about our first 2 seasons…. Only thereafter when Covid and Raul inspired a more pragmatic approach

I can remember the last 0-0 against Brighton before Covid well enough? The 0-2 home defeat to Palace in the first season...doesnt't take long to recall some performances where we never got going. Yes, it wasn't always boring, but the signs were there.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Mad to think that by selling Jesus, City added Haaland for about £10m net spend.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the reason City seem boring is because most of the play isn’t even at speed. Their players are accomplished enough to play 95% of the game at walking pace so they are never really expending much energy. Hence why they still look fresh late on in the game.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Man City have ruined the premier league as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if its technically brilliant, without any sense of competition in a game, its utterly pointless.

Their old school fans must be slightly embarrassed by what they've become.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the most part, I found that to be a really boring game of football. It picked up for ten minutes after halftime when City misplaced some passes. The most boring I've seen this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom