Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s exactly what happened I think. Which is a disgrace when you think about it.
Which would certainly be a disgrace if that’s actually what happened but you have precisely zero evidence to support such a view.

Let’s just clarify: you are suggesting that those in charge of VAR for what is often claimed to be the most valuable game in world football made decisions based on not wishing to contradict the on-field referee for sentimental reasons to do with it being his last his last time in charge.

Seriously?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This suggests that fake tickets was another BS excuse given by French authorities to UEFA after their original BS excuse of fans arriving late was shown to be a lie. Read the whole thread. The only comparison with Hillsborough here is that the authorities and police are lying to make up for their ineptitude. Also note that the original issues for closing the gates were problems caused by "persons seemingly unassociated with either club."

But you can see from the ground that the Liverpool ends were packed, you can't even see the stairways.
You can see people openly bragging on social media that people got in (admittedly only individual cases but it proves it happened).
I've also posted a link showing it happened recently involving Liverpool at Wolves.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which would certainly be a disgrace if that’s actually what happened but you have precisely zero evidence to support such a view.

Let’s just clarify: you are suggesting that those in charge of VAR for what is often claimed to be the most valuable game in world football made decisions based on not wishing to contradict the areon-field referee for sentimental reasons to do with it being his last his last time in charge.

Seriously?
Do you think that VAR is fit for purpose and referees like John Moss are, pre his this thankful retirement, competent.
I have no affinity for either team. It was a poor game and on balance the better team won.
However, IMHO, they were given a massive leg up.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
But you can see from the ground that the Liverpool ends were packed, you can't even see the stairways.
You can see people openly bragging on social media that people got in (admittedly only individual cases but it proves it happened).
I've also posted a link showing it happened recently involving Liverpool at Wolves.
Whatever individual cases you've seen on social media, all the evidence says that fake tickets weren't a problem. The problem was originally caused by local people who caused the gates to be closed. It's **** organisation. Every football team has individual idiots including our club, yet the authorities here manage it with better organisation week after week. Have you learnt nothing from Braga? Football fans are the last type of group you can openly discriminate against, assault, blame, lock up and generally treat like **** with no punishment, in fact, many people applaud it. Hillsborough has eventually helped to change how fans are treated in this country (although it's still not perfect). However in other countries it's fine to do what you like to them. As in Braga and as in Paris last night. If stuff like this doesn't make your blood boil I don't know what will:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Let’s just clarify: you are suggesting that those in charge of VAR for what is often claimed to be the most valuable game in world football made decisions based on not wishing to contradict the on-field referee for sentimental reasons to do with it being his last his last time in charge.

Seriously?
What do you think happened then?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever individual cases you've seen on social media, all the evidence says that fake tickets weren't a problem. The problem was originally caused by local people who caused the gates to be closed. It's **** organisation. Every football team has individual idiots including our club, yet the authorities here manage it with better organisation week after week. Have you learnt nothing from Braga? Football fans are the last type of group you can openly discriminate against, assault, blame, lock up and generally treat like **** with no punishment, in fact, many people applaud it. Hillsborough has eventually helped to change how fans are treated in this country (although it's still not perfect). However in other countries it's fine to do what you like to them. As in Braga and as in Paris last night. If stuff like this doesn't make your blood boil I don't know what will:

That’s an actual ****ing disgrace.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Seriously?
Well a former referee was interviewed sometime last season (can't remember who it was now, I'll try to find the interview) and he said that many decisions in his experience were not overturned by VAR for two main reasons:

1. More junior referees (who hadn't been in the Premier League as long) were too intimidated to contradict the on-field referee as they had been criticised and chastised for if by the more the experienced referees in the past. It was a culture.
2. Referees on VAR didn't like to overturn the decisions of their friends on the field and show them in a bad light.

So what is being suggested is not beyond the pale. There's a good reason why no Premier League officials have been asked to do VAR in the upcoming world cup.

Spitfire

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Seriously?
No one can say that’s what happened for certain but I think we’ve all seen enough crap from PGMOL / VAR to not rule it out as a possibility either.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the 1st time ever, all 5 English sides to win the European Cup/Champions League will be together in the Top Flight.

Welcome back Forest! You have made a colleague and her household ecstatic.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased for Forest. Always had a soft spot for them because of Clough. But Huddersfield have been absolutely screwed over by that second VAR decision.

Can see Forest being another team interested in MGW.
Cooper go previous links with MGW hasn’t he

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Local people”

They are Liverpool fans ffs

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And what are the odds that UEFA concludes that there were no issues with the French police or the stadium organisation?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
“Local people”

They are Liverpool fans ffs
Been well documented by journalists and French authorities that local youths from the surrounding area were involved in widespread violence, robbery, and trying to break into the ground. It's in that thread and also Talksport and numerous national and European journalists reported the same thing this morning when being interviewed. They also attacked both sets of fans when leaving the stadium.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did you think they were penalties?
the first one no, the second one more likely to be fair but I don't see anything suspicious in the decision, I wasn't there and am not party to the decision-making process; I think Moss didn't have the best view but as I said elsewhere it's not because he wasn't keeping up with play, he was close but there were multiple bodies in the way of his view; either way I can't see any conspiracy operating

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely spot on.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Liverpool FC have released the following official statement.....

"We are the victims. It wasn't our fault"

Last edited by a moderator:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched Forest a few times recently. For all the hype around Brennan Johnson, he looks like another Helder Costa to me. Even moves in a similar way. Will stick my neck out and say, he's far too lightweight currently, and will go missing in the Premier League, just like Costa did.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's appalling. Now something resembling truth is coming out, seems it was locals who triggered the problems all along. Which doesn't explain incidents like that one - and others that people filmed. Incidentally, apparently it's illegal to actually film the French police on your phone. Many people have reported being mugged by locals both before and after the match, some of them wearing Liverpool and Madrid colours, to confuse the issue. Oddly enough, police stood around and didn't get involved in those cases.

Plenty of reports of similar delays, crushes and police heavy handedness at international rugby matches at the same stadium. Seems that organisers just want to rake in the profits and don't care much about safety.

Hazza

Reaction score
I went to Grimsby in the 90s, Akinbiyi missed an open goal and we lost 1-0. Awful away ground to visit, think tjere is a hotel and a chippy and thats it
I went there in FA Cup back in 80’s, lost 1-0 I think ..

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's appalling. Now something resembling truth is coming out, seems it was locals who triggered the problems all along. Which doesn't explain incidents like that one - and others that people filmed. Incidentally, apparently it's illegal to actually film the French police on your phone. Many people have reported being mugged by locals both before and after the match, some of them wearing Liverpool and Madrid colours, to confuse the issue. Oddly enough, police stood around and didn't get involved in those cases.

Plenty of reports of similar delays, crushes and police heavy handedness at international rugby matches at the same stadium. Seems that organisers just want to rake in the profits and don't care much about safety.

Bought in by Macron to stop the police violence against the yellow vests.

Head of the police federation wants the ban here.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s ban France from all European competition now, will they ****!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score

Interesting events in France tonight as Saint Etienne were relegated
That's horrendous. Strange but as here with the original play-off format, a relegation/promotion game seems much more volatile. Either that or it's just that St Etienne have some mental fans!

Only just realised that the players being chased off are the home team too. Makes 'you've let us down again' seem pretty mild!

Last edited:

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Gary Lineker was unable to enter the Stade de France as kick-off was delayed following huge queues
Including the thousands of Reds fans who were caught up in the queues, Match of the Day presenter Lineker confirmed he too could not access the stadium. The former striker tweeted 16 minutes before the original scheduled 8pm kick-off time: “Finding it impossible to get in the ground. This appears to be very dangerous. Absolute carnage.”

He went on to post 23 minutes later, with thousands of fans still stuck outside the ground at 8:10pm GMT: "I’m not sure it’s possible to have a more poorly organised event if you tried. Absolutely shambolic and dangerous. @UEFAcom". And then immediately wrote: "They’ve just announced another 15 minute delay “because of the late arrival of fans”. Utter b*******."

The excuse from Prefecture de Police:
“Normally we would have 18 months to organise such an event, we had 3 months,” said the police authorities in an interview with Le Parisien published yesterday morning on the Champions’ League final.

French government to host meeting on Monday with UEFA and French football officials to discuss the fallout from the Champions League final unrest

“The stigma around English fans is being used by the French public authorities for cheap political gain,” Ronan Evain, executive director of Football Supporters Europe, told The Associated Press on Sunday. Problems had been encountered even before getting to the final turnstiles with entry points into the wider perimeter blocked off, forcing fans through narrow passages that caused bottlenecks.
“There have always been mobility problems around the Stade de France,” Evain said.
“We are appalled by the communication by the French public authorities. Liverpool and Real Madrid fans are the victims of yesterday’s fiasco and are not the culprits here. “Tear gassing people trying to enter the stadium is insane.”

Back
Top Bottom