Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah I'm jealous atmosphere looked great and an excellent win after the previous dreadful 2 games. I'm an Ireland supporter but I find Scotland quite unlikable as a team with the likes of Robertson and McGinn so this was even more satisfying.
I was just glad we beat someone. :)

A lot of Scots fans mixed in with us and no problems.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So according to Twitter, Vintinha is playing very well. Is this another one where the majority of fans knew better than FOSUN?

Did you watch him play? Apart from West Brom away, and that spank vs Chorley in the cup, he looked well out of his depth every time he got a chance.

Just one of those things. He's playing more regularly now which helps but he was nowhere near ready for us to spend whatever it would have cost us at the time, based on the evidence he gave us.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha was the right player (or at least a good player) at the wrong time. It happens and can be frustrating. See also Jason Roberts and many other examples.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He got hooked after an hour and was largely ineffectual tbh, lots of tidy side to side stuff where Portugal struggled to create much against a compact team until a little flurry later on when Bernardo and Jota came on. He would have fit in well...

Neves did better, without shining massively.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you watch him play? Apart from West Brom away, and that spank vs Chorley in the cup, he looked well out of his depth every time he got a chance.

Just one of those things. He's playing more regularly now which helps but he was nowhere near ready for us to spend whatever it would have cost us at the time, based on the evidence he gave us.
We also played Vitinha in an attacking midfield/ inside forward (Trincao) type role whereas when he joined he was said to be a “Moutinho type” player. IE we played him out of position.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England U21s playing Slovenia U21s at Huddersfield live on BBC3. England 0-1 down due to a Spence own goal in the first minute, But looking a lot more promising than their senior counterparts.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW gave away the free kick just outside our box that Slovenia scored from in the first minute
MGW is looking very sharp having a great few minutes now
Looks dangerous when he’s on the ball

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This Australia v Peru game is such low quality. It's League One standard at best. Always had a soft spot for Peru since the Cubillas days and always loved their kits. Loads of Peru fans there too.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
This Australia v Peru game is such low quality. It's League One standard at best. Always had a soft spot for Peru since the Cubillas days and always loved their kits. Loads of Peru fans there too.
I’m on the edge of my seat because there is something at stake for me!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I’m on the edge of my seat because there is something at stake for me!
Are you an Aussie? More likely than being Peruvian?!

Know the feeling having endured Wales v Ukraine last week. Didn't enjoy a minute of it, far too stressful.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Putting a sub goalkeeper on just before penalties normally doesn't end well!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking the Aussie keeper was making himself look a right dick but he’s the hero
That was a tough watch but all good in the end. Love the pics of Federation Square in Melbourne. Had some happy times there

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aussies sub their keeper for the penalty shoot out. Will it pay off ?
After a shaky, dancing start....yes !
That's a fabulous result for Australia in Qatar, currently 31 degrees.
Peru are no great shakes but you'd think they'd be better than Australia...they've beaten some decent teams in South America.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Congrats to Oz, but their keeper during the shoot-out was just plain ridiculous. Like a demented clockwork toy. Mind you, the Peru keeper just wobbled over for each penalty. Oo, France lost again!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congrats to Oz, but their keeper during the shoot-out was just plain ridiculous. Like a demented clockwork toy. Mind you, the Peru keeper just wobbled over for each penalty. Oo, France lost again!
I really wanted the Aussies to lose solely for the half-assed performing chimp substitute goalkeeper. What an utter and complete ****er!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really wanted the Aussies to lose solely for the half-assed performing chimp substitute goalkeeper. What an utter and complete ****er!
he was doing a dance from a kids TV programme, said he'd watched Bruce Grobbelar win the European Cup doing the same. To be fair to him, he's done it before in the same situation and it worked, guess that's why they subbed him on.

It was like a L1 match, but amazing for people like Bailey Wright who's just spent a season in L1 playing alongside Danny Batth and is now going to a World Cup Finals

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sack off wastecoat who would get the gig and who'd be good enough. I can't think of many.
It used to be the pinnacle of an English manager's career after a successful run at club level. Then it became a stepping stone to managing Wolves. Now it's just another job, another notch on the CV. Southgate is almost a throwback to the days of Walter Winterbottom, a footballing bureaucrat.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****er that’s made himself a hero!
You’ve never seen Grobbelar’s theatrics???
It looked stupid but Redmaynes having the last laugh….,, maybe Sa can act the fool , might actually dive the right way one day.

As for the Aussie’s , it’s a really poor squad in comparison to previous World cups and Arnold is out of his depth and plays his favourites…..but the local game really needed them to qualify.
Boyle by far their best player in this squad, they need Rogic and Soutter back ..

CologneWolf

Reaction score

His half assed chimp performance just sent Australia to the World Cup.

Your comment is utterly and completely ****.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a note: Australia played 16 of their 20 Qualifiers Away from Home due to the now-former Aus Government's strict COVID policy. That in itself makes them making it utterly remarkbale.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has a goalkeeper ever been sent off in a penalty shoot out?

I’d have red carded him for being a ****

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has a goalkeeper ever been sent off in a penalty shoot out?

I’d have red carded him for being a ****
Irish U19s goalkeeper was sent off a couple of years ago in a penalty shoot out. Got a 2nd yellow. It was regarded as such a bad decision that the Law on yellow cards was changed afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom