Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I can’t see the point of the Nations League following on from the domestic seasons. And we always hear how tired England’s players are, which oddly doesn’t seem to affect foreign players playing in the PL.

You always hear about England players because we're based in England, follow England and all the media coverage is about England.

Other players and managers moan about it too, but you have to look for it. KDB being a good example a couple of weeks ago, who had a right pop at the Nations League.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at the game. They were very quiet. :)

Ah I'm jealous atmosphere looked great and an excellent win after the previous dreadful 2 games. I'm an Ireland supporter but I find Scotland quite unlikable as a team with the likes of Robertson and McGinn so this was even more satisfying.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Will put the cat amongst the pigeons but the most accomplished English manager is objectively Emma Hayes. Think she's excellent on comms as well.

Would really upset a few as well which is always fun

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Graham Potter would be my choice.

Absolutely no chance of the FA getting rid though. We could go out in the group stages without a win and the sycophantic media will be saying he deserves another shot.

Fans can see Southgate for what he is. Yes, if you add absolutely zero context a Semi Final and Final should render incredible backing and trust, but we all know the reality of that.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Absolutely no chance of the FA getting rid though. We could go out in the group stages without a win and the sycophantic media will be saying he deserves another shot.

Fans can see Southgate for what he is. Yes, if you add absolutely zero context a Semi Final and Final should render incredible backing and trust, but we all know the reality of that.
Dunno whether he'd want it. Almost no big managers do international football do they? Best one in the format won the Euros imo

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dunno whether he'd want it. Almost no big managers do international football do they? Best one in the format won the Euros imo

True.

Coax Wenger out of retirement? (Is he even retired?)

All immaterial of course. Unless Southgate walks he won't be going any time soon. He'd be found out instantly at club level.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

True.

Coax Wenger out of retirement? (Is he even retired?)

All immaterial of course. Unless Southgate walks he won't be going any time soon. He'd be found out instantly at club level.
Yeah, nice bloke and has done well building a good culture but he's a drag on the team now.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

It would be interesting to see what someone else would do with this group of players, but where it matters - in qualifying and in tournaments - Southgate has done far better than any other England manager for 20 odd years. Being Welsh, I've no skin in the game and don't really care how England do, but looking at the list of England managers in the last 20 years and thinking back to how England performed and played under them, Southgate outperforms all of them. I've heard it argued that the current squad are a much better group of players, but over the years, seemingly every group of players are the golden generation and best England have ever had. England are are now qualifying tournaments with ease (not always a given) and also going deep into the tournaments (rare in the past). Italy haven't qualified for the last 2 world cups. That really is something to complain about, rather than moaning about friendlies squeezed into a few weeks after a huge stretch of football.

Truth is, the very best managers don't want to manage at international level until they are reaching retirement or on a downward curve. No wonder the FA want to stick with Southgate.

England managers since 2000:

Peter Taylor
Sven-Goran Eriksson
Steve McLaren
Fabio Capello
Stuart Pearce
Roy Hodgson
Sam Allardyce

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Seferovic just scored against Portugal. Trying to impress us given about 50% of the club are doubtless watching the games.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Bruno, Neves and Vitinha is such an oddly balanced midfield. The Portuguese coach is a proper mug ain't he.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

It would be interesting to see what someone else would do with this group of players, but where it matters - in qualifying and in tournaments - Southgate has done far better than any other England manager for 20 odd years. Being Welsh, I've no skin in the game and don't really care how England do, but looking at the list of England managers in the last 20 years and thinking back to how England performed and played under them, Southgate outperforms all of them. I've heard it argued that the current squad are a much better group of players, but over the years, seemingly every group of players are the golden generation and best England have ever had. England are are now qualifying tournaments with ease (not always a given) and also going deep into the tournaments (rare in the past). Italy haven't qualified for the last 2 world cups. That really is something to complain about, rather than moaning about friendlies squeezed into a few weeks after a huge stretch of football.

Truth is, the very best managers don't want to manage at international level until they are reaching retirement or on a downward curve. No wonder the FA want to stick with Southgate.

England managers since 2000:

Peter Taylor
Sven-Goran Eriksson
Steve McLaren
Fabio Capello
Stuart Pearce
Roy Hodgson
Sam Allardyce
I haven’t watched England in years but I think you need a motivator/tournament manager to really do well, as international football seems a completely different game

He is a marmite character but International football may suit Mourinho now as a tournament manager rather than day to day manager.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I haven’t watched England in years but I think you need a motivator/tournament manager to really do well, as international football seems a completely different game.
Yeah, tournament winning teams are usually boring and defensive with a good spirit as a general rule

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Nah think you have it right. Wouldn't grind players to pieces because he isn't on at them daily.

He'd work, although dunno if I'd want England to take the gamble
Exactly he is a motivator but as it’s not day to day it may work better, plus he lives in London.

England will stick with Gareth “beige” Southgate though.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Exactly he is a motivator but as it’s not day to day it may work better, plus he lives in London.

England will stick with Gareth “beige” Southgate though.
Tbh dunno if the football would be any better under Mourinho.

His teams have always been counter attacking, defense first.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was in MLS youth teams apparently, you can see he played a good standard tbf. And yes, that still is irrespective of the quality of the league when talking about going up against comedians and singers

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

So according to Twitter, Vintinha is playing very well. Is this another one where the majority of fans knew better than FOSUN?
Been tidy from what I've seen but none of the their midfield are moving it quickly or creating much imo

Back
Top Bottom