Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The system works, it's how the EPL has implemented it which has caused the problem, changing a piloted system to suit their own means, invaidating the pilot study upon which it got approval. For that you need to look to Alan Wiley and the pressure brought by the referee's union...they refused to be excluded and have tried to use VAR as a weapon to stick it up people who complained about referee's before. Make VAR so bad that we'd want to go back to the previous situation etc.
Think that you mean Mike Riley not Alan Wiley.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football mirrors society. People are unhappy and the people in charge dont know what they are doing.

Yep. Though above the people organising the event, you will find the people profiting hugely from the event. And they know what they are doing. "Sorry, there's just not enough money, because we have it all. Now give us some more". And fools that we are, we do, then get angry and blame each other for the problems.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that would be a good idea. If the VAR officials were totally independent from the on field referees it would take the major element of concern away - officials afraid to undermine or upset their colleagues. The system feels pretty rotten at the moment.

Then again, our officials seem so incompetent compared to the top European referees it would probably be easier to replace the whole lot, both on field and VAR with European officials.

I'm not sure that the problem is incompetence, as much as the bias and mateyness they have towards the Sky 6 clubs. Seen our refs who give the soft penalties to Man U and Liverpool while rarely giving anything against them biased in the Premier League, strangely appear impartial and actually quite decent, with no controversial decisions, when referring in European competitions.

I think it's the big club bias that happens everywhere. Barca and Real get all the decisions they need in La Liga. Also watching Bayern in the Bundesliga, they get the benefit of any doubt, too. Maybe all the leagues should be reffed by foreigners, too avoid bias? I know that English ref made that howler giving 3 yellow cards some years back, but as I said, I'm just not 100% sure it's incompetence as much as the safe bias towards those clubs with the money and power. Does the refs association ever make any attempt to assess whether there is bias or not? Do they even care?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impressive list of 'A' list Pool fans getting the tear gas treatment.

Hope I’m lucky enough one day to meet the golf correspondent from the the Daily Mail, or maybe even Jason McAteers auntie.

Dreaming is for free.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Come on Ukraine!!! Though the Jocks would win the "Ugliest team in the World" cup with McTominay,McGinn and Adams in it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How great it is to see Ukraine playing a game of football again. Zinchenko I have forgiven you for snubbing us your an inspiration to your county folk spreading the msg worldwide. **** you Russia.
Sent to a Scottish colleague just:
Tonight won't be fun.... Every neutral will be supporting Ukraine... I actually feel slightly sorry for Scotland.
Her response:
So do I, even if we win we lose.

Says it all really. If l was Scots l'd want my team to win but....

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sent to a Scottish colleague just:
Tonight won't be fun.... Every neutral will be supporting Ukraine... I actually feel slightly sorry for Scotland.
Her response:
So do I, even if we win we lose.

Says it all really. If l was Scots l'd want my team to win but....
Yeah me too. Always want my team and country to win. Gotta have a heart of swinging concrete not to be touched by Ukraine though.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Given Wales fielded a League 1 team earlier (Burns @ Ipswich looks decent prospect) may have a slight fitness edge come Sunday. Ukraine much better team here. It's an awkward one. If they see tonight out, I may fall on that useless cliche, 'may the best team win.' God knows.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even before the present Ukraine situation, I have to say that against Scotland, I would always be wanting any opposition to win...
Can't think of any possible opposition I'd want Scotland to beat, including a Taliban XI and as I type 0-2! :) :) :) :)

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't think of any possible opposition I'd want Scotland to beat, including a Taliban XI and as I type 0-2! :) :) :) :)
You and me both mate!

Although it would depend who was in the Talibans starting 11....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Text ya villa mates tell em they might as well arrange some freindlies in Nov n December against blues n Albion.....cause they won't have any players at the world cup.....goes down a treat ....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Ukraine players look really out on their feet
Yes, I don't think this is quite over yet. Although Scotland also look they'll struggle to score however good a chance they get.

Ha ha, or maybe not!

Back
Top Bottom