Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched Chesterfield beat Halifax 2-1 in the Conference play off. Paul Cook was his usual calm self in the coaching area !

When Wolves had their 2 seasons in the 4th tier in 1986 to 1988 I never went to Shay Ground at Halifax. My mate Dave did and told me it was the only time he has actually felt himself sinking in the away end as it was literally a mud bank !

stoke wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Just watched Chesterfield beat Halifax 2-1 in the Conference play off. Paul Cook was his usual calm self in the coaching area !

When Wolves had their 2 seasons in the 4th tier in 1986 to 1988 I never went to Shay Ground at Halifax. My mate Dave did and told me it was the only time he has actually felt himself sinking in the away end as it was literally a mud bank !
We were in the bus garage end if my memory is right lol

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If my ailing memory is correct , last time I went to the Shay Gary Bellamy scored and so did Steve Stoutt ??

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If my ailing memory is correct , last time I went to the Shay Gary Bellamy scored and so did Steve Stoutt ??

Well you have Wolves players who scored at Halifax correct but it was in two different seasons, that said if this was a quiz I would give points for that :):):)

In the 4th Division Championship winning season of 1987/88 Wolves lost 2-1 at Halifax on Tuesday February 16th as Gary Bellamy scored. Unbelievably, or maybe not as it is Wolves we support Halifax did the double over us in the 4th Division title season of 87/88 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: as " The Shaymen " were the first home match of the season at Molineux ( one week after the " quiet Saturday at the Scarborough seaside " ) and they left with a 1-0 win !

The previous season Halifax won 2-1 at Wolves ( I can feel another " bogey team " coming on to add to the 50 or so we already have or had :eek::eek::eek: ) Wolves scorer was Ian Handysides. The away game at The Shay came during that incredible run of 13 wins from 15 games as on Tuesday March 17th it was Halifax 3 Wolves 4 with Mutchy 2, Steve Stoutt and Andy Thompson the scorers :D:D:D

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well you have Wolves players who scored at Halifax correct but it was in two different seasons, that said if this was a quiz I would give points for that :):):)

In the 4th Division Championship winning season of 1987/88 Wolves lost 2-1 at Halifax on Tuesday February 16th as Gary Bellamy scored. Unbelievably, or maybe not as it is Wolves we support Halifax did the double over us in the 4th Division title season of 87/88 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: as " The Shaymen " were the first home match of the season at Molineux ( one week after the " quiet Saturday at the Scarborough seaside " ) and they left with a 1-0 win !

The previous season Halifax won 2-1 at Wolves ( I can feel another " bogey team " coming on to add to the 50 or so we already have or had :eek::eek::eek: ) Wolves scorer was Ian Handysides. The away game at The Shay came during that incredible run of 13 wins from 15 games as on Tuesday March 17th it was Halifax 3 Wolves 4 with Mutchy 2, Steve Stoutt and Andy Thompson the scorers :D:D:D
went to a league cup match in 1973 at the Shay,won 3-0,Doog,Richards and Sunderland
Funniest part was standing next to a Halifax fan when they put a pen.over the bar and he said
"do we get to take that again as it went over the bar?"

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
went to a league cup match in 1973 at the Shay,won 3-0,Doog,Richards and Sunderland
Funniest part was standing next to a Halifax fan when they put a pen.over the bar and he said
"do we get to take that again as it went over the bar?"
I was there too and indeed went to every one of our games in the run to the final

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A friend of mine is a Chesterfield fan, and he still hasn't got over being 'robbed' in the FA cup semi final against Middlesbrough many moons ago.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score

That game on Feb 16th was the day of my 20th birthday. Where has the time gone .

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Patricio having a brilliant game so far for Roma in the Europa Conference final.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that Abraham incident is exactly why players will continue to go down theatrically.

Absolutely diabolical officiating from the referee and VAR. Useless.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
And that Abraham incident is exactly why players will continue to go down theatrically.

Absolutely diabolical officiating from the referee and VAR. Useless.
The Referee may not have had a great view if it was on his blindside but VAR have no excuse .Awful

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourinho adding the Europa Conference League to the Champions League and Uefa Cup/Europa in both guises.

Chris Smalling was immense.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You only have one choice. Keep Bruno or have The Special One. Vote now.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Traore played in a meaningless friendly for Barcelona in Sydney last night...though did not look happy. I hope we're not subsidising his wages for this post-season ****e.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Referee may not have had a great view if it was on his blindside but VAR have no excuse .Awful
He was running down the middle of the pitch approaching the penalty area. It shouldn't have been on his blindside surely.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking decision by Ellary

A mate of mine was the linesman that day and he flagged for for the goal and Elleray ignored him then tried to put the blame onto him for it.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemed to me that Rui was kicking the ball far further, both hand and dead ball, than he did at Wolves and not always to the wings.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Sheffield? If so I know him too

Yep. I'm probably better mates with his brother John. Apparently he likes to be called Lord Elleray for some bizarre reason. Not joking about that either!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yep. I'm probably better mates with his brother John. Apparently he likes to be called Lord Elleray for some bizarre reason. Not joking about that either!
I have never met John but I remember their dad when he was on the referees circuit

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Real Madrid win tonight. Please, please make it happen

I have just discovered the referee is called Clement Turpin :D:D:D Can you imagine if Real Madrid get a dodgy decision to help them win it the English press will be crying , while you, me and hundred of thousands others would love to see this sort of headline in the rags.

TURPIN COMMITS HIGHWAY ROBBERY AS BENZEMA SCORES WINNING PENALTY

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrexham v Grimsby is entertaining. Cracking play off.
Im watching it too. Feel sorry for Grimsby at the moment as the penalty to Wrexham was harsh, and the third goal just from Mullen was hand ball.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wrexham v Grimsby is entertaining. Cracking play off.
Mad game! Wrexham score off a penalty that shouldn’t have been one, then they don’t get one which was stonewall. Grimsby go 2-1 up then Wrexham score 2 in 2 minutes for 3-2 but the third goal was a clear handball (he’s practically punched it into the net!)

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Im watching it too. Feel sorry for Grimsby at the moment as the penalty to Wrexham was harsh, and the third goal just from Mullen was hand ball.
Penalty could have gone either way, but a definite, and probably deliberate, handball.

Back
Top Bottom