Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tim spiers article

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs time on the pitch to get those goals. Both Silva and MGW suffered at Lage's hands this season. Many posters on here don't seem too concerned that it is being reported that MGW will move on. The attitude seems to be 'well we'll get £20 million for him anyway.' My attitude is if we were seriously short of players as Lage was quoted as saying at the start of the season why was MGW sent out on loan to Sheffield United. A ridiculous decision by the manager. On Silva, I'm not saying he should have started matches but that he should have been used far more frequently as a substitute. Never mind we have Hwang, superstar.
Absolutely bang on.

MGW would have offered some balance and IMHO been 10x more effective in that "false right midfield" role that Dendoncker was simply awful in.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely bang on.

MGW would have offered some balance and IMHO been 10x more effective in that "false right midfield" role that Dendoncker was simply awful in.
Morgan wanted and pushed for the move. Bruno wanted him to stay and fight for a place, MGW and sellers/Shi agreed he could go to sheff United. Who knows how hard Bruno pushed for him to stay bit I don't really think he had much of a say.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't see them laugh or make fun of him, i saw them get ****ed off because of his ineptitude.

a great chance was blown twice by him in less than 5 seconds.
I didn't see any laughing either. I saw two players react at the exact same time frustrated at the utter bilge that unfolded in front of them.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs time on the pitch to get those goals. Both Silva and MGW suffered at Lage's hands this season. Many posters on here don't seem too concerned that it is being reported that MGW will move on. The attitude seems to be 'well we'll get £20 million for him anyway.' My attitude is if we were seriously short of players as Lage was quoted as saying at the start of the season why was MGW sent out on loan to Sheffield United. A ridiculous decision by the manager. On Silva, I'm not saying he should have started matches but that he should have been used far more frequently as a substitute. Never mind we have Hwang, superstar.
Sending MGW out on loan and keeping him there was absolutely the correct decision regardless of us not having enough "ready" players. It's not ridiculous at all, it was essential that MGW, at 22 years old, actually had a full season of starting 11 football behind him.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is far too slow to be in that position to even make an attempt.
Podence makes that attempt hes getting stretchered off.
Raul make that attempt and fails the crowd will start to sing si senor.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is far too slow to be in that position to even make an attempt.
Podence makes that attempt hes getting stretchered off.
Raul make that attempt and fails the crowd will start to sing si senor.

Indeed , the irony of Podence and Silva giving others stick.... they need to look in the mirror.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Related to this, I was listening to Peter Crouch’s latest podcast this morning. He was talking about when he was relegated with Stoke and the warning signs which were there from as early as pre-season with what was in summary a change in culture and attitude off the pitch as a result in changing personnel. Perhaps nothing surprising but it was nevertheless very interesting to hear him speak of the significance of that. When you listen to that, read Spiers’s article and reflect on the potential impact of inevitably losing Ruddy and Neves, possibly Saiss, Moutinho and probably others, we are exposed to a monumental cluster **** here if we don’t get it right. Unfortunately I just can’t see us getting it right.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve ended up with a player we knew wasn’t good enough,
Substitute I for we and you have a more accurate assessment of fans opinion. If speculation is correct the club has finished off with a disillusioned young professional, who is happy to make a start elsewhere. Are you suggesting that Hwang is a step up/improvement? It certainly doesn't look that way to me. As for him not having proved himself, he certainly had shown significant improvement towards the end of last season.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Substitute I for we and you have a more accurate assessment of fans opinion. If speculation is correct the club has finished off with a disillusioned young professional, who is happy to make a start elsewhere. Are you suggesting that Hwang is a step up/improvement? It certainly doesn't look that way to me. As for him not having proved himself, he certainly had shown significant improvement towards the end of last season.
That’s a bit of a selective quote there.

He had 1 or 2 semi good games at the very best, in end of season matches. To say he was underwhelming is putting it mildly.

The loan will have done him good, and would do a number of our other younger players good as well. If he hadn’t have gone on loan then we’d have ended up with a player one year further down the line having had bit parts here and there unable to work on his game and gain his confidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought the article started off with some salient points before descending into the usual anti-Mendes slant from Britney.

He asks Can Wolves formulate and enact a coherent, long-term transfer strategy when many of their signings are restricted to one agency.

After pointing out we signed Sa, Ait Nouri, Trincao and Chiquino from Gestifute. 3 out of 4 is a fairly good hit rate for transfers. Especially given he’s lauding the ‘traditional method’ which again in his own words, points out got us Hwang and Mosquera (a pretty low hit rate).
He's clueless. Any excuse to plug his agenda. I see he's completely forgotten that his exclusive interview with Sellars mocking Nuno for choosing Podence over Hwang might just be a contributory factor in Podence being a bit peeved at how things are turning out for him at Wolves despite him being a player of the year contender.

If the contemporary cosy club succeed in wrestling power, it'll be Lambert time all over again

Nige

Reaction score
Haven't seen any fireworks from any of the forward players this season.. So Silva and Podence have nothing to laugh about..
Except their pay checks.. Stealing a living..

Back
Top Bottom