Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tim spiers article

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worrying reading. Podence and silva laughing at Hwang and visible frustration at hwang being brought on instead of them !

I get a bad feeling about it all now!!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worrying reading. Podence and silva laughing at Hwang and visible frustration at hwang being brought on instead of them !

If you didn’t laugh you would cry.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just not a good feel all round atm & I'm not sure what gets it back on track.

The video was worrying enough to be honest

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Anyone who's read it care to summarise the main points? Apart from we're ****ed...
Main point was Ruddy was let go even though Bruno wanted him to stay. Other points were what direction are the club going, nothing been said from board level,do they know if Bruno is the guy to take us forward etc . Pretty much what every one has been discussing on here recently.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was hard not to laugh to be fair. It was comical. First he stops running, then he chases and misses it, then he falls over as the ball dribbles out of play.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thought the article started off with some salient points before descending into the usual anti-Mendes slant from Britney.

He asks Can Wolves formulate and enact a coherent, long-term transfer strategy when many of their signings are restricted to one agency.

After pointing out we signed Sa, Ait Nouri, Trincao and Chiquino from Gestifute. 3 out of 4 is a fairly good hit rate for transfers. Especially given he’s lauding the ‘traditional method’ which again in his own words, points out got us Hwang and Mosquera (a pretty low hit rate).

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Silva and Podence laughing at Hwang for that ridiculous attempt to keep the ball in was the nicest thing they could've done.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the video being referred to. To be fair to him it wasn't a perfect ball into him to score, the attempt to keep the ball in is not great though.

That’s nothing to the reaction in the away end.

People forget that Man Utd’s best sides in the 90’s and 00’s were constantly shouting at each other making damn sure that they had to keep their standards high. That’s what the best teams do. The weak fall by the wayside at elite level sport.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

That’s nothing to the reaction in the away end.

People forget that Man Utd’s best sides in the 90’s and 00’s were constantly shouting at each other making damn sure that they had to keep their standards high. That’s what the best teams do. The weak fall by the wayside at elite level sport.
Yea, Roy Keane telling Neville "You're **** you are" during a match was an ever lasting memory...

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am less than impressed with Hwang as a Premiership player. In time perhaps as he adjusts. MGW was and is a Premiership player. While he has had a successful period out on loan this past season, it seems to have rattled the lad with the result that he may not wish to play for us again. I hope these reports are wrong and that he commits to us even if as I see it his career is onwards and upwards, great if he takes us with him. As for Chiquino, he already looks a Premiership ready player who can and should hold down a place in the team, why are we considering sending him out on loan? This past season has to have been one of missed opportunity for Silva. If Bruno's glasses weren't so Hwang centred he might well have got more time on the pitch. It must indeed be frustrating for the lad to have what appears to be such an inept manager in charge of the team.

L78

Reaction score
Maybe they should apologise and give him a box of cookies

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An OK article overall. Seems like he's as confused as the rest of us. Captures how mixed up things are, like we should be feeling content at 10th, but it doesn't feel as good as it should do. Then brilliant deals like Sa seem to get negated by others that are terrible, or just completely baffling. Some matches where we match (defensively, at least) the best in the world and others where we can't beat the whipping boys. Been like that for a while, too.

It's all up in that air, nobody seems to know if there's a big refresh this summer. Or if we'll start in August with 3-4-3, Coady shouting, Bruno waving his arms and us with only 2 midfielders and not scoring goals. Each seems equally possible.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I am less than impressed with Hwang as a Premiership player. In time perhaps as he adjusts. MGW was and is a Premiership player. While he has had a successful period out on loan this past season, it seems to have rattled the lad with the result that he may not wish to play for us again. I hope these reports are wrong and that he commits to us even if as I see it his career is onwards and upwards, great if he takes us with him. As for Chiquino, he already looks a Premiership ready player who can and should hold down a place in the team, why are we considering sending him out on loan? This past season has to have been one of missed opportunity for Silva. If Bruno's glasses weren't so Hwang centred he might well have got more time on the pitch. It must indeed be frustrating for the lad to have what appears to be such an inept manager in charge of the team.
It's the Premier League mate, the Premiership stopped being a thing in 2001. Unless you're in Scotland.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing changes my mind about the competence of Sellars,and the importance of Mendes .

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Premier, Premier league, not premiership. You will get the grammar police all annoyed again.

T

TheConcourse

Watched Silva throw his sock tape at the floor in disgust away at Chelsea after not coming on. He needs to sort his attitude out.

I’m done with Podence too. Cultures make or break teams in businesses daily. Bad eggs have to go.

Silva I can just about tolerate because he’s a kid and has clearly got some growing up to do.

Podence? Nah. You ain’t that good. Support your team mates or **** off and stink out another dressing room.

Last edited by a moderator:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched Silva throw his sock tape at the floor in disgust away at Chelsea after not coming on. He needs to sort his attitude out.

I’m done with Podence too. Cultures make or break teams in businesses daily. Bad eggs have to go.

Silva I can just about tolerate because he’s a kid and has clearly got some growing up to do.

Podence? Nah. You ain’t that good mate. Support your team mates or **** off.
Podence clearly has some growing to do as well. Only 5' 5.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably needs to score a goal before he shows any disgust towards other players.
He needs time on the pitch to get those goals. Both Silva and MGW suffered at Lage's hands this season. Many posters on here don't seem too concerned that it is being reported that MGW will move on. The attitude seems to be 'well we'll get £20 million for him anyway.' My attitude is if we were seriously short of players as Lage was quoted as saying at the start of the season why was MGW sent out on loan to Sheffield United. A ridiculous decision by the manager. On Silva, I'm not saying he should have started matches but that he should have been used far more frequently as a substitute. Never mind we have Hwang, superstar.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs time on the pitch to get those goals. Both Silva and MGW suffered at Lage's hands this season. Many posters on here don't seem too concerned that it is being reported that MGW will move on. The attitude seems to be 'well we'll get £20 million for him anyway.' My attitude is if we were seriously short of players as Lage was quoted as saying at the start of the season why was MGW sent out on loan to Sheffield United. A ridiculous decision by the manager.
I think it’s fair to say we were ridiculously short on Premier League ready players. As good a season as he’s had, MGW wasn’t, and still hasn’t proven himself to be good enough for this level. The loan move has done him well, he still needs to step up and do it in the Premier League, which he didn’t last time he played at this level, and plenty before him haven’t been able to do.

The loan was exactly the right thing for both him and us. We’ve ended up with a player we knew wasn’t good enough, but has now had time to work on his game on a week in, week out basis and looks good to take the step back up.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Good reaction from Podence and Fabio IMO, shows they were frustrated that a good chance went begging, in what was ultimately a nothing game for us. Shows they care.
so long as it is because of the missed chance and not aimed directly at the player who missed. we need a supportive squad and not finger pointers or its down the slippery slope for us

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing by Silva and Podence. As I said in another thread, we had a great togetherness under Nuno that is not evident now. We seem to have a disjointed squad.
Hwang as been a disappointment, however;
For all his ability Podence also frustrates when on the pitch and seems perennially injured.
Despite his ludicrous reputation, Silva hasn't scored a goal all season and the apparent laughing at a teammate is just the latest in a series of 'issues' with him. His visible frustration when not playing and him being told to warm-up properly by Bruno spring to mind. Attitude!
Whether Bruno stays or goes; there are issues with the squad that need to be addressed over this hugely important summer.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our forwards scored 3 goals between them in our last 10 games.

Neto x1
Trincao x2
To be fair, Neto has had not even two games worth of playing time since he came back from injury but he did get one v Liverpool. Trincao hasn’t featured in all those last 10 games either. Raul and Hwang probably have more game time between them. Raul certainly does.

Back
Top Bottom