Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ticket Prices 22/23 - what do you expect?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a 'normal' season I think the club release season ticket prices in early April, offering existing holders the chance to reserve their tickets by the end of May. So what do you see the prices looking like for next season?

As a reminder - here are the prices since we returned to the PL.

D3U4LEG6JNGZZHPPPW33KVCI2E.jpg
UD7B52KJJND33JJK46THDAMEH4.jpg

st_table.jpg

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I renewed but I'm sure there were new season ticket holders this season as a small number went on sale.

Anyway, the price they paid isn't listed above but it wasn't the same as the renewal price.

I expect every season ticket to be at least at that level for next season, otherwise it's not really fair is it?

I can't remember what the exact price was but I'm sure someone on here will and it was pretty expensive.

I then expect a lot of justifiable anger.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I renewed but I'm sure there were new season ticket holders this season as a small number went on sale.

Anyway, the price they paid isn't listed above but it wasn't the same as the renewal price.

I expect every season ticket to be at least at that level for next season, otherwise it's not really fair is it?

I can't remember what the exact price was but I'm sure someone on here will and it was pretty expensive.

I then expect a lot of justifiable anger.
Why’s it not fair? It’s rewarding loyalty. For years in the championship the early bird was less than new STH when they held the prices the same.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why’s it not fair? It’s rewarding loyalty. For years in the championship the early bird was less than new STH when they held the prices the same.
Nah I mean it's not fair if they apply that next season because these 'new' season ticket holders for this season won't be new then.

Not sure if I'm explaining this properly but will try but forget the rebate thing for a second.

Existing season ticket holders (go with South Bank for the example) renewed for this season at £549, as the original post shows.
However a select few from the waiting list got a chance to get a season ticket but I don't think they paid £549, it was more (say £650 for this example).

So for the 22/23 season surely you have to charge at least £650 in the South Bank or drop the price which isn't going to happen because these people are not new season ticket holders next season.

I haven't been able to find this info online though, will need someone who was on the waiting list and got a season ticket to confirm they paid more than the prices listed above.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Good point on the 'new' prices for 'new' STH. Here they are;

new-app-st-prices.jpg
This is the nightmare when renewers laugh at the glory hunters being ripped off while forgetting that they'll be paying those prices next season! I think I paid about £350 this season with the refunded games, so £622 would be a hell of a shock, never mind an increase on that. Go away for £30,but pay more for a ST at home. Bonkers.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
The club were quite canny last year in only upping the Steve Bull and Billy Wright Centre by around £100 and the other stands by a lesser amount.

Rather than applying the huge increase across the whole ground maybe the club realised any dissent would be diluted a little by those not affected.

I’m wondering if it will be the turn of the North Bank and us in the South Bank to suffer such a big rise this time?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah I mean it's not fair if they apply that next season because these 'new' season ticket holders for this season won't be new then.

Not sure if I'm explaining this properly but will try but forget the rebate thing for a second.

Existing season ticket holders (go with South Bank for the example) renewed for this season at £549, as the original post shows.
However a select few from the waiting list got a chance to get a season ticket but I don't think they paid £549, it was more (say £650 for this example).

So for the 22/23 season surely you have to charge at least £650 in the South Bank or drop the price which isn't going to happen because these people are not new season ticket holders next season.

I haven't been able to find this info online though, will need someone who was on the waiting list and got a season ticket to confirm they paid more than the prices listed above.
It's been the case for probably 20 years that new STHs pay more than existing (at the beginning you had to take up the 'Early Bird'), but once you were in then your next season(s) tended to be cheaper than your first and this is still likely to be the case. Last year being a non-event makes it more difficult to track but I think new STHs in 18/19 paid less to renew in 19/20 than they did for their 18/19 seat and I'd expect renewals next year to still be less than new tickets this year. Though if mine does start with a '7' then I'm going to have to start seriously thinking about it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been the case for probably 20 years that new STHs pay more than existing (at the beginning you had to take up the 'Early Bird'), but once you were in then your next season(s) tended to be cheaper than your first and this is still likely to be the case. Last year being a non-event makes it more difficult to track but I think new STHs in 18/19 paid less to renew in 19/20 than they did for their 18/19 seat and I'd expect renewals next year to still be less than new tickets this year. Though if mine does start with a '7' then I'm going to have to start seriously thinking about it
Yeah fair point.

We shall see.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems reasonable to think they will land somewhere between this seasons renewal price and the the price paid by new season ticket holders. It should also be noted that the club did say there would be concessions available in the BWU Central area for those who were existing season ticket holders (the new prices were £830 whether you were classed as adult, pensioner, u17 or u12).

I'm not sure about others but I paid the 'reduced' amount on the renewal price (4 games from 19/20 were reduced from the price of the ticket) which took the price I paid down 21%. So people who did that could feel the impact of that increase plus another. It will be quite a tough sell for Wolves this year unless we get Europe/FA Cup.

That said we had a 94% renewal rate this season - so who knows. They will be formulating the pricing strategy as we speak, if they havent already.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to hope they don’t put the prices for renewing STH up to what they charged new STH this season.

That might genuinely be the price point I tap out, especially seeing how easy it is to get tickets to any match - fair few acquaintances I know do this.

Of course a dream summer in the transfer market would soften the blow of stumping up more cash!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to hope they don’t put the prices for renewing STH up to what they charged new STH this season.

That might genuinely be the price point I tap out, especially seeing how easy it is to get tickets to any match - fair few acquaintances I know do this.

Of course a dream summer in the transfer market would soften the blow of stumping up more cash!

Problem is - the renewal deadline will be end of May, generally before we do any business.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
I am expecting 10% minimum , everything is up this year. Not totally happy but it will be what it will be.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able to afford that. £ 730 in the Bully bloody hell.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did moot a thought elsewhere that if they are going to count the Olympiacos tickets as a credit for one league game, that would suggest South Bank tickets will be a minimum of £589, unless they want to cause another argument of not fully reimbursing people.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did moot a thought elsewhere that if they are going to count the Olympiacos tickets as a credit for one league game, that would suggest South Bank tickets will be a minimum of £589, unless they want to cause another argument of not fully reimbursing people.
Re your last sentence any attempt to pay less than face value would almost certainly lead to some folk litigating.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Ive just found my renewal from 2007/8, cant upload says its too big but

Early bird then new ST prices below

S.Bull £405/486
B.W upp £464/522
North/ South bank £345/414

Quite high really for 14/15 yearz ago and in championship

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given inflation will be at least 5% and I expect differential pricing in the Steve Bull (like BW) so probably 10% central Steve Bull and 5% everywhere else.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ive just found my renewal from 2007/8, cant upload says its too big but

Early bird then new ST prices below

S.Bull £405/486
B.W upp £464/522
North/ South bank £345/414

Quite high really for 14/15 yearz ago and in championship
I know when we went down to league one a season ticket on the south bank was roughly £345

Lycaon

Reaction score
Don’t worry fella’s once Neves is sold that should easily negate/cover a price hike, watch this space!

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ll tell you why it’s not fair; why should someone turning 18 who’s dad never took them to a game pay more than someone who’s dad got him a season ticket when he was 17?

It’s bull****, the early bird was bull ****, all it did was form a closed loop system. People with ambition expand stadiums, they don’t price out the next generation.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first year back in 2003 were shocking looking back.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way they can justify a price increase

The 50% sell bsck scheme is an absolute disgrace too. The fact you only get 50% , and the fact you don’t get money. Just meaningless wolves cash.

Combine that with games being moved all over the shop , it really is getting to the point that it isn’t sustainable.

They treat the supporters like absolute ****s and I don’t anticipate it changing this year .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll tell you why it’s not fair; why should someone turning 18 who’s dad never took them to a game pay more than someone who’s dad got him a season ticket when he was 17?

It’s bull****, the early bird was bull ****, all it did was form a closed loop system. People with ambition expand stadiums, they don’t price out the next generation.
It was never an issue until Fosun came in. For years the season ticket levels were never met.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will rise above inflation guessing 7.5% across the board so about £50 rise on average

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The early bird definitely didn’t create a closed shop!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way they can justify a price increase

The 50% sell bsck scheme is an absolute disgrace too. The fact you only get 50% , and the fact you don’t get money. Just meaningless wolves cash.

Combine that with games being moved all over the shop , it really is getting to the point that it isn’t sustainable.

They treat the supporters like absolute ****s and I don’t anticipate it changing this year .
I know West Brom fans who’d be delighted to get 50% back for their games (or even just give their ticket away….).

Back
Top Bottom