Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Three BIG games to come...

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'Boro (H) - oh dear
Blues (A) - Robinson to nobble Afobe?
Bristol City (A) - the biggest of the three for me.

And then we've got Burnley and Ipswich.

Could be a long autumn, considering Kenny just got out-thought by the footballing genius that is Lee Carsley.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Literally every fixture I look at, I think well we're not gonna get anything there, and not because the opposition are by any means incredible, but because we're that bad, we're after all the only team in this league capable of making Bolton look half decent. With this current crop, we'd be mid table in League One.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're in big trouble.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time we did the '3 big games' was before the international break and the outcome surprised us all.

I think a lot of that was the 'Morgan' factor with his sudden resignation having a galvanising effect on the team. This time round its a bit different. For me, I think:

Boro 1-1
Brum 0-0
Bristol C 1-1

There you go. Three battling draws.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Two losses then the customary victory at Ashton Gate.

Talking of usual wins, when are we due at Hillsborough :D

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 points out of those for me. And none of them will come vs Boro.

A

AlexWWFC

I'd hope for a draw with blues and beat bristol

Knowing Wolves though we'll beat boro and then lose the next 2, they have the ability to play football they just can't be *****, lazy $$$$$$$s.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I think we'll lose to Boro purely because they are a better side than us, despite their recent goal scoring troubles they will create chances and get more than enough against our defence.

I think we will lose to Blues because they have more bottle than us, they are hard to score against and will out work is and again with our defence they will get chances.

As for Bristol City, tough one, if they replicate their early fast start that they showed against Forest we will be in big trouble.

But let's not kid ourselves, even if we were top we could easily pick up anything from 0-3pts from these games because they are tough! All away games are hard and Boro are one of the best sides.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
ALL I'm hoping for is a good display at Ashton Gate as I'm skint but still going - hate feeling like I've wasted my money.

E

Essex Wolf

Afraid to say but for me you can throw Jackett in the same pot of crap that Morgan and his puppet Moxey occupy.

His team selections, tactics, formations, use of subs and pee poor excuses are unacceptable. Wasn't at last nights game, thank God, but from what I heard, what I've read and from reports from mates who were there Wolves were beyond dire. Now post match Jackett trots out the lame excuses as to why things were so poor.

A manager worth his salt would and should have seen what was wrong early on, not bloody wait until an embarrassing defeat to tell us all what most could tell just listening to commentary.

Morgan wants away and the sooner the better. Once he's gone hopefully the useless Moxey will follow suit and the new owner will unload Jackett as well. The clubs rotten to the core right now and a massive broom needs to sweep all the crap out ASAP.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afraid to say but for me you can throw Jackett in the same pot of crap that Morgan and his puppet Moxey occupy.

His team selections, tactics, formations, use of subs and pee poor excuses are unacceptable. Wasn't at last nights game, thank God, but from what I heard, what I've read and from reports from mates who were there Wolves were beyond dire. Now post match Jackett trots out the lame excuses as to why things were so poor.

A manager worth his salt would and should have seen what was wrong early on, not bloody wait until an embarrassing defeat to tell us all what most could tell just listening to commentary.

Morgan wants away and the sooner the better. Once he's gone hopefully the useless Moxey will follow suit and the new owner will unload Jackett as well. The clubs rotten to the core right now and a massive broom needs to sweep all the crap out ASAP.

So bloody true about Jackett waiting, and waiting and even then doing very little to change it.

Anyone with any sense could see about 15 minutes in last night it was gonna be a long, long night with James Henry blasting every cross into the North Bank.

As soon as Brentford got their first goal, we may as well have gone home.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

So bloody true about Jackett waiting, and waiting and even then doing very little to change it.

Anyone with any sense could see about 15 minutes in last night it was gonna be a long, long night with James Henry blasting every cross into the North Bank.

As soon as Brentford got their first goal, we may as well have gone home.

My cousin phoned me this morning who was at the game last night. Said he couldn't remember a game where everything about the game was so flat and that within just 5 minutes of the game starting people were saying how poor the team was and that things needed changing even then.

As it was Tinker man Jackett didn't make any changes until well into the 2nd half. He has never been that good at subbing when needed as it is but he just seems to be getting worse.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't get a point in those games, I think it must be obvious to even the most happiest of clappers we're going down yet again.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My cousin phoned me this morning who was at the game last night. Said he couldn't remember a game where everything about the game was so flat and that within just 5 minutes of the game starting people were saying how poor the team was and that things needed changing even then.

As it was Tinker man Jackett didn't make any changes until well into the 2nd half. He has never been that good at subbing when needed as it is but he just seems to be getting worse.

I'm struggling to remember one as well. I think you would have to go back to the infamous Ipswich game, but even then we had Sako who you thought could possibly do something, although he didn't of course, there was that glimmer of hope, last night there was none whatsoever.

Did you see that stat about Wolves under Jackett, when losing at half time, having only come back to win once?

A truly appalling record, which not only questions what the hell he says to supposedly 'galvanize' the players, and also his complete inability to change things effectively from the bench.

If you're wondering, Leeds away this time last year was the one occasion we managed it. Shocking stat.

E

Essex Wolf

We won't get a point in those games, I think it must be obvious to even the most happiest of clappers we're going down yet again.

Think your right WW.

Those of us without blinkers could see Morgan had no real or true ambition and that Moxey was just his yes man who doesn't give a flying **** about the club as long as he gets paid.

I said a while back now, sad as it is to say and feel, that Jackett is just part of the same little gang of uninterested inadequate hierarchy.

I keep hoping that if Morgan wants to sell up he would want the club to at the very least look an attractive buy but I wonder if he has lost so much of what very interest he ever had that he simply doesn't care where the club ends up.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose we should be grateful that Morgan didn't simply liquidate us, he's got plenty of time though, if nobody shows an interest we might simply disappear.

E

Essex Wolf

I'm struggling to remember one as well. I think you would have to go back to the infamous Ipswich game, but even then we had Sako who you thought could possibly do something, although he didn't of course, there was that glimmer of hope, last night there was none whatsoever.

Did you see that stat about Wolves under Jackett, when losing at half time, having only come back to win once?

A truly appalling record, which not only questions what the hell he says to supposedly 'galvanize' the players, and also his complete inability to change things effectively from the bench.

If you're wondering, Leeds away this time last year was the one occasion we managed it. Shocking stat.

Didn't know that stat and considering he has been in charge for what must be now well over a 100 games that's abysmal. Seems unless Wolves are ahead at H/T their chances of a win are severely diminished.

I have always at the very least tried to back KJ irrespective of his stupid team selections and tactics along with his poor use of subs but I'm done now as enough is enough. Just like Morgan he will take us nowhere but down IMHO.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't know that stat and considering he has been in charge for what must be now well over a 100 games that's abysmal. Seems unless Wolves are ahead at H/T their chances of a win are severely diminished.

I have always at the very least tried to back KJ irrespective of his stupid team selections and tactics along with his poor use of subs but I'm done now as enough is enough. Just like Morgan he will take us nowhere but down IMHO.

I suppose a more helpful stat would be to know how many times we've actually been behind during his tenure to really highlight how bad the counter stat is. I would guess that in League 1 there aren't many examples, but surely there was last season and this?

E

Essex Wolf

A scenario that could well take place but not one I'm sure many would dream likely or possible.

J

Jajw15

The 'Boro game was always going to be a challenge but if we play like we did against Brentford we will lose badly.

We will need to work hard to get back on track ready for blues as I believe that this is a crucial game for us and will need a result to come back fighting even though Birmingham have done unfortunately well.

Bristol City is a must win game no matter how good nor bad the results are however I thought Brentford was a must win game as well... Either way I will be getting behind the team and hoping for better than recent games have provided.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is as well, it would appear some are acting like this was a one off.

Cardiff was abysmal, Charlton was abysmal for 95% of the game. QPR was for 50% of it, Bolton was for 75% of it.

We couldn't even beat a 9 men Preston side.

The signs have been there pretty much from day one this season.

E

Essex Wolf

The thing is as well, it would appear some are acting like this was a one off.

Cardiff was abysmal, Charlton was abysmal for 95% of the game. QPR was for 50% of it, Bolton was for 75% of it.

We couldn't even beat a 9 men Preston side.

The signs have been there pretty much from day one this season.

And these are known facts which is what many insist on having before making comment. If these facts don't tell people all they need to know then they will never believe or accept anything.

Back
Top Bottom