Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thomas Frank

kentish wolf

Reaction score
This Frank bloke has got NO CLASS.
absolute 4th rate manager
After Brentfords cheating ,time wasting and disgraceful behaviour at Molineux he is complete hypocrit.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'The game was frustrating because of the football gods — they didn’t want it to go our way and we worked so hard.’

Obviously I think Frank is a dick and that will colour my view of him. But if he thinks Brentford lost because of 'the football gods', he's in a whole load of trouble.

Similar to Dean Smith's comments when we beat Villa 3-2 - when he claimed Villa were brilliant for 80 minutes - there's a huge degree of cognitive dissonance going on there that should worry the fans

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Had to listen to Mikey Burrows for the 2nd half and that bloody woman in the background moaning, I mean we're all biased at the game but they are just deluded. As others have said a vile club who's relegation I'll be toasting.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Had to listen to Mikey Burrows for the 2nd half and that bloody woman in the background moaning, I mean we're all biased at the game but they are just deluded. As others have said a vile club who's relegation I'll be toasting.
"Get up you big baby!" - To Mouts :p Thommo was cracking uo!

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'The game was frustrating because of the football gods — they didn’t want it to go our way and we worked so hard.’

Obviously I think Frank is a dick and that will colour my view of him. But if he thinks Brentford lost because of 'the football gods', he's in a whole load of trouble.

Similar to Dean Smith's comments when we beat Villa 3-2 - when he claimed Villa were brilliant for 80 minutes - there's a huge degree of cognitive dissonance going on there that should worry the fans
Cognitive what now?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Intriguing extension. Bottom of the form pile with Everton, early post promotion crest of the wave gone, regularly outclassed.
Hard to think there’s a queue for his services, unlike Potter when they gave him a huge extension.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Intriguing extension. Bottom of the form pile with Everton, early post promotion crest of the wave gone, regularly outclassed.
Hard to think there’s a queue for his services, unlike Potter when they gave him a huge extension.
Agreed. He has hit his ceiling and the only way is down.

Interestingly, here in Denmark he is seen as a ******** by most. For too arrogant and full of himself for a nation, where
modesty is almost a religion.

Roswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
What a wizened up t**t! His chewing habits are like a manic schoolboy, showing all and sundry his tonsils for 90 minutes. What sweet revenge for their World/Olympic class cheating at Molineux. The hole in keepers gloves plan was so obviously hatched at half time by him. I genuinely liked the club, loved going to Griffin Park, a great day out, unfortunately, they wont go down this season but will celebrate the day they do.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree that it’s unlikely he will be head hunted for a PL job at the moment, and doubtful he would willingly leave for a Champ club unless already relegated with Brentford. Either the club are putting this in place to cover the risk he walks after getting relegated, or there was an agreement in place to extend if outside the relegation places come the end of January, or it’s something he’s pushed for?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people are going slightly OTT here.

Brentford are big on the stats as you know and they say we were lucky to win. Lucky may be the wrong word but it was a nothing game. We scored two outside the box (or near enough) goals, which is rare and the second one should be saved.

I’m not sure what was reported in terms of him saying they deserved to win but I listened and he actually said it was ‘an even game’ but went on to add if there had to be a winner then it should’ve been them. It’s hardly a bold assessment. I’d say a draw was definitely a fair result and it was even, with the stats backing that up.

Of course, him moaning at the time wasting is hilarious and I’m glad we did it.

However, whether we disagree or not, we’ve built up a reputation now as a team who pushes things to the limit and time wastes, ask Leeds, Southampton, Brentford fans. I’m fine with that, in fact I like that we’re like this. But if Arsenal do it to us on Feb 10 then I’m sure we’ll all be on here calling them out. Isn’t that hypocritical if you’re having a pop at Frank now?

I also feel Frank comes across as arrogant but I think the reaction to him has been a bit excessive.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is thrower not yellow-carded when he has to trot 80+ yards to take a throw, spends 15s drying the ball on a towel (why allowed?)) and then a 10yd run up? And yet Sa is yellow carded for taking 15-20s to take a goal kick??
Does my absolute nut in. You can take as long as you want with a long throw-in at any point of the match, or even over a goal kick for the first 75 minutes. You can consider playing it short, let players move around, then decide otherwise, send them all upfield, reset yourself for the kick... But take more than 10 seconds when you're winning the game and you're booked immediately and suddenly have to be "really careful" about not getting sent off.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brentford are big on the stats as you know and they say we were lucky to win. Lucky may be the wrong word but it was a nothing game. We scored two outside the box (or near enough) goals, which is rare and the second one should be saved.

I’m not sure what was reported in terms of him saying they deserved to win but I listened and he actually said it was ‘an even game’ but went on to add if there had to be a winner then it should’ve been them. It’s hardly a bold assessment. I’d say a draw was definitely a fair result and it was even, with the stats backing that up.

However, whether we disagree or not, we’ve built up a reputation now as a team who pushes things to the limit and time wastes, ask Leeds, Southampton, Brentford fans. I’m fine with that, in fact I like that we’re like this. But if Arsenal do it to us on Feb 10 then I’m sure we’ll all be on here calling them out. Isn’t that hypocritical if you’re having a pop at Frank now?

I also feel Frank comes across as arrogant but I think the reaction to him has been a bit excessive.
Nah he's a nobcheese.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question, what exactly does his red card at the end of the match do? Is it simply a case for the ref to refer to and the FA take action.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Those ridiculing Brentford for extending his contract too.

Maybe the Brentford owners have a firm grip on reality and realise that 14th in the PL at the halfway point is fairly decent.

They've rewarded a manager for a sustained period of success, who should still keep them up this season despite poor recent form.

Even if relegated, you'd fancy Frank to have them in the mix for promotion. I for one applaud the Brentford board.for looking at the big picture rather than just the here and now.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those ridiculing Brentford for extending his contract too.

Maybe the Brentford owners have a firm grip on reality and realise that 14th in the PL at the halfway point is fairly decent.

They've rewarded a manager for a sustained period of success, who should still keep them up this season despite poor recent form.

Even if relegated, you'd fancy Frank to have them in the mix for promotion. I for one applaud the Brentford board.for looking at the big picture rather than just the here and now.
I still think he's a ****.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m gonna give the guy a pass. We all say stupid things when we are worked up. Lucky for most of us we don’t have to stand in front of a camera with a microphone shoved in our face during that time. He’s only human. Although his comments are objectively hypocritical he’s clearly passionate for his club.

As for Solskjær and Klopp neither have ever really bothered me. But Tuchel. Tuchel gets on my tits.
Could you imagine the teary eyed reactionary nonsense spouted by half the mix if they were manager :laughing:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I for one applaud the Brentford board.for looking at the big picture rather than just the here and now.

yeah great

and he's a knobhead

started believing his own hype. did you see the way he started talking to that BBC reporter? started getting irritated so started being unbelievably patronising

embarrassing really and his comments would suggest that he knows he's got issues and aware it might rub off on his own players. not what they need right know at all

he'll come a cropper carrying on like this. could he really not remember his own comments at molineux?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah great

and he's a knobhead

started believing his own hype. did you see the way he started talking to that BBC reporter? started getting irritated so started being unbelievably patronising

embarrassing really and his comments would suggest that he knows he's got issues and aware it might rub off on his own players. not what they need right know at all

he'll come a cropper carrying on like this. could he really not remember his own comments at molineux?
Lol. I don't know why anyone's got the hump with anything to do with Brentford.

It's Brentford ffs.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
made for each other. but it's terrible football and not winning many friends. gone as soon as they arrived, i reckon
Genuinely thought when they destroyed us, that they had a high energy, high tempo style of brave, outscore the opposition football. OK there was all the timewasting bs as well.

However as the season has gone by, they seem more and more like a Stoke throwback, sticking it in the mixer and hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom