Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This is how to deal with racism in football.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been posted as it's from last year, but i've just seeen this and I thought I'd share it here for you're own enjoyment.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m0TC_rtm0[/nomedia]

I particuarly enjoy it at 1m28secs when they get him square in the plumbs

Last edited by a moderator:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still struggling to see why people think violence is an acceptable response to racism?

H

Hawkins discuss

As far as I am concerned men are men no mater what
I am Irish but that doesn't make any difference to me
I have worked with all makes models and creed of people all over the world and never had any problems
I have seen tension between races but never understood why name calling and bulling could be a part of our culture
Was always taught to show good example to others
My view entirely others may differ

R

reanswolf

Whilst the last kick is clearly OTT, it will make Emre think twice about his attitude. Or at least make him think twice about being racist. If he said what is alleged, he got his just deserts IMO.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the last kick is clearly OTT, it will make Emre think twice about his attitude. Or at least make him think twice about being racist. If he said what is alleged, he got his just deserts IMO.

Well...he got away with it in England when he did it to Yobo, and Lescott was going to rip his head off....only for our toothless campaign to find the charge "unproven" and Emre walked away scot free on a technicality.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Apologies if this has already been posted as it's from last year, but i've just seeen this and I thought I'd share it here for you're own enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m0TC_rtm0

I particuarly enjoy it at 1m28secs when they get him square in the plumbs

He will certainly think about calling him that name again, liked the way the whole team took turns in nailing him

How many yellows and reds would that have earned in the Premier League if that was Henry doing the kicking?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its easy to say if you have never been racially abused though, assuming you have not.

No I haven't, but why is (and should) racism treated differently to any other form of discrimination?

It's just words at the end of the day, I'm sure Zokora(?) will live.

F

FLEET WOLF

He will certainly think about calling him that name again, liked the way the whole team took turns in nailing him

How many yellows and reds would that have earned in the Premier League if that was Henry doing the kicking?

Indeed the $$$$ will think twice about doing that again. Something like that is the only way to stop it on the field, sadly.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I haven't, but why is (and should) racism treated differently to any other form of discrimination?

It's just words at the end of the day, I'm sure Zokora(?) will live.

Racism and other forms of discrimination is a lot more than just words.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Racism and other forms of discrimination is a lot more than just words.

But they are words, and can in no way be comparable to physical violence.

I hope Zokora was sent off and should face a lengthy ban like many of his team mates.

If some young person was being discriminated against because of their age and reacted like this, I'm sure many on here would call him/her a thug or a yob.

C

Craddockinho

Spaceman, he answered:

"You no longer mind
I've opened your eyes
You're now colour-blind"

Happy Friday everybody. x

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't understand how people can view racism far worse than physical violence.

I think the key here is "I don't understand".

D

Deleted member 4023

Not condoning racism, but I'm sure the 'turkish fans' of Emre's club will at some point retaliate against those 'foreign players' for attacking him in the 2nd fixture.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There a loads of research about the consequences of allowing verbal a use to go unchecked, whatever the context. Verbal abuse is violence.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There a loads of research about the consequences of allowing verbal a use to go unchecked, whatever the context. Verbal abuse is violence.

I agree if its a continuous thing then it's a form of bullying , if someone is verbally abused continuously by different people about their appearance or whatever I can see that it could have a psychological effect !!
The abuse black players took in the 70,s and 80,s would have had a negative effect on them and would of damaged them psychologically because it was on mass !!
These incidents are one offs , they are minor instances one to one which they don't have to put up with day in day out anymore so I don't see that it would have that much of an effect anymore, infact it's the complete opposite now black players would have felt very intimated back in the day but now they know they have the backing of the majority and can use this to their advantage ..
Having said all that turkey is probably very different to the uk and I think fair play to the players for giving out a bit of their own punishment , if u can dish out insults you have to expect a slap or two !! You only have to stand up for yourself once and u will always be left alone after ...

Back
Top Bottom