Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

There's only one Roger Johnson

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One Roger Johnson
He used to drink pints :vollkommenauf:
but now he's alright
In a Roger Johnson Wonderland

Worth airing if he keeps this form and attitude up

W

WV1Wolf

One Roger Johnson
but now he's alright

What a turn around, I would love him to get his first goal for us against the Blues. I recon it would be a kiss the badge moment!

S

Staten Island Wolf

One Roger Johnson
but now he's alright

Love it. Well done RJ

....he used to drink gin but then he got thin...

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been hands down & our most consistent player this season (along with Ikeme).

If he keeps this up, he'll get my vote for POTS. What a moment that would be.

Would be great if he got his 1st goal against the Blues. The winner as well. Not sure about the whole kiss the badge.

I was one of the few who still wanted him here and was still a supporter of his, even after last season (where I think a lot of stick was undeserved but that's another matter). Glad he's managed to turn it around so well.

Really could turn into our "new" Jody Craddock. All he needs is a goal to seal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WV1Wolf

Roger Johnson is a Wolf
is a wolf, is a wolf
Roger Johnson is a Wolf
He drinks Brandy

Roger Johnson is a wolf
is a wolf,is a wolf
Roger Johnson is a wolf
He now drinks Shandy

Sorry bored at work !!!!!!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him scoring against Blues would be gold (exuse the pun)

A David Kelly esque celebration as he did when he scored against WBA would be immense, no matter who he scores against, when he finally does, I can see him doing that kind of celebration.

His turnaround has been remarkable and he has shown great strength of character. The door for him to leave was as wide as Jeff after the chants at Wigan just 5 months ago, 11 games ago... Wow.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Prefer 'He hates Brummies'.

I fancy us to give Blues a slapping this year, would be great to win 3-0 at St Andrews.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him scoring against Blues would be gold (exuse the pun)

A David Kelly esque celebration as he did when he scored against WBA would be immense, no matter who he scores against, when he finally does, I can see him doing that kind of celebration.

His turnaround has been remarkable and he has shown great strength of character. The door for him to leave was as wide as Jeff after the chants at Wigan just 5 months ago, 11 games ago... Wow.

What was the celebration?

Bit young to remember/know what it was like :D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back in 94 (I think) he approached the north bank, very passionately pointed to his Wolves shirt, would love to know exactly what he was saying.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The self confessed Albion fan who pulled Steve Bull away from the Brummie Road End??

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in 94 (I think) he approached the north bank, very passionately pointed to his Wolves shirt, would love to know exactly what he was saying.

I think he was pointing out that he was a Wolves player and he did care. He had been getting stick because he was a Baggies fan

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always delighted to be proven wrong .. Fantastic news. Whoever gave him the captaincy wants shooting ... Destroyed Roger, his game and the team's morale ... All in one hit.

Let's hope he can stay like this fr many years ...

W

wolvesultra

grabbed the badge and pointed at it very aggressive, loved it can still picture the goal now also who flicked it on for him at the near post though? its on youtube wolves v wba 1994/95

he'd been getting stick for being an albion fan if i remember rightly

K

Knightly

Been great this season and is the main reason we have tightened up, well him and Foley since his return.

Problem is the gulf between Championship and Premier league attacks is vast. Fair dues though, got his head down and put the performances in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Fair play to Roger. He's been very good so far this season. I hope he keeps this form up.

W

Wolfcub13

Definitely agree that a song is needed for Roger. He deserves it after all. Maybe just a "there is only one Roger Johnson" would be enough though ;)

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not knocking Roger - he's been fantastic this season - but has there actually been a "turnaround" as such?

Perhaps he's just been good this season because this is his level after all?

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only one Roger Johnson
He used to be p****d
But now he'd be missed
Walking in a Johnson wonderland!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not knocking Roger - he's been fantastic this season - but has there actually been a "turnaround" as such?

Whether that be the case or not. It seems he's knuckled down and improve his attitude.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the pressure of the relegation battle wasn't it really?

He didn't help himself at all, but still. The pressure must have been immense. I can't imagine Hennessey openly arguing with anyone really. But look at him too.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad we kept hold of him and he was prepared to fight for his place - we really do have one of the best defenders in this league in Roger.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Performance wise probably not, but its his attitude and body language which stands out by a mile for me. Stevie Wonder could see he had a very complacent, even ****y body language last season. In his eyes last season we was lucky to have him. But relegation for two seasons running and the harsh (but fair?) treatment he got from fans was the complete kick up the $$$$ he has needed.

He looks fitter, stronger, cleaner (yes, I just said that!) and has the body language of a real leader this season. I love the way he just does not shut up. He is demanding 100% from himself and others, I want my centre half to be like that, for the first time in a while we have a nasty snotter in our side and in my eyes he is our captain without an armband on him, and it should stay that way.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Last season he looked tired, gaunt, sunken eyed and, as you say, scruffy (I think his beard gave that impression last season - last season it looked a bit unkempt - whereas this season, it looks more "maintained").

If the rumours are true as to why he had been drinking, then its hardly surprising. People have different ways of handling things - and that was his way of dealing with his. Then he came in to the club to find that he'd been fined and dropped by TC (rightly so) - and then faced a backlash from the fans (not-rightly so). Probably contributing to his problems even more - and he probably felt that he'd had enough here and was probably expecting that season to be his last at the club and therefore didn't give a damn.

Since then, we've had a new manager that stated from day one that everyone started with a clean slate. He was given a second chance that us as fans probably weren't expecting - and he probably wasn't himself. He now looks healthy, 'cleaner', sharp and committed again. He actually looks like he has some fire in his belly now and actually wants to prove a point - probably to himself, the club, the fans, and the media that wrote him off as a Premiership player. He looks like a player that wants to get back into the Premiership to prove them wrong. The fans have also got off his back based on all of this.

This is why I feel that its wrong to give players stick. Let the club give them the punishment - he had his fine and was dropped. That should have been the end of it - but no, in true Wolves fan style, it couldn't be left at that. The abuse had to start, which then lowers his morale even further - and has a negative impact on the rest of the team too.

Fans are supposed to support the club and help give it a lift - but last season, our fans played their part in lowering the morale amongst the squad and contributed to our decline. That may not go down well with a few on here - but tough $$$$ - that's exactly how it was. When the team needed support, we gave them a kick in the $$$$$$$$ instead - Roger Johnson in particular.

There's venting anger, and then there's over stepping the line. Calling someone a $$$$, wishing them injury/death, etc at every match is downright disgraceful - and if people think that is called for, and don't expect it to have a negative impact on players, and/or the rest of the team, then they're an idiot.

This season has proven that if you shut up and get off a players back, he will forgive and forget and try to give his best again. Roger Johnson has done that - and fair play to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Last season he looked tired, gaunt, sunken eyed and, as you say, scruffy (I think his beard gave that impression last season - last season it looked a bit unkempt - whereas this season, it looks more "maintained").

If the rumours are true as to why he had been drinking, then its hardly surprising. People have different ways of handling things - and that was his way of dealing with his. Then he came in to the club to find that he'd been fined and dropped by TC (rightly so) - and then faced a backlash from the fans (not-rightly so). Probably contributing to his problems even more - and he probably felt that he'd had enough here and was probably expecting that season to be his last at the club and therefore didn't give a damn.

Since then, we've had a new manager that stated from day one that everyone started with a clean slate. He was given a second chance that us as fans probably weren't expecting - and he probably wasn't himself. He now looks healthy, 'cleaner', sharp and committed again. He actually looks like he has some fire in his belly now and actually wants to prove a point - probably to himself, the club, the fans, and the media that wrote him off as a Premiership player. He looks like a player that wants to get back into the Premiership to prove them wrong. The fans of also got off his back based on all of this.

This is why I feel that its wrong to give players stick. Let the club give them the punishment - he had his fine and was dropped. That should have been the end of it - but no, in true Wolves fan style, it couldn't be left at that. The abuse had to start, which then lowers his morale even further - and has a negative impact on the rest of the team too.

Fans are supposed to support the club and help give it a lift - but last season, our fans played their part in lowering the morale amongst the squad and contributed to our decline. That may not go down well with a few on here - but tough $$$$ - that's exactly how it was. When the team needed support, we gave them a kick in the $$$$$$$$ instead - Roger Johnson in particular.

There's venting anger, and then there's over stepping the line. Calling someone a $$$$, wishing them injury/death, etc at every match is downright disgraceful - and if people think that is called for, and don't expect it to have a negative impact on players, and/or the rest of the team, then they're an idiot.

On the whole I agree. My only problem with your post was the fans, who IMO, pay there money, to pay the players wages and watch them and are absolutely 100% entitled to do/say as they please because of that. Its not always right I know, but the entitlement is there for me. Thats why it sickened me so much to see McCarthy react to the fans the way he did at the Swansea match.

What exactly are the problems you are referring to with RJ by the way? PM if you don't want to post on here.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the whole I agree. My only problem with your post was the fans, who IMO, pay there money, to pay the players wages and watch them and are absolutely 100% entitled to do/say as they please because of that. Its not always right I know, but the entitlement is there for me. Thats why it sickened me so much to see McCarthy react to the fans the way he did at the Swansea match.

What exactly are the problems you are referring to with RJ by the way? PM if you don't want to post on here.

Fans are entitled to voice their concerns of course - but when it starts to become over-the-top and abusive, its over-stepped the mark.

I pay to use train services, which goes towards paying their staff - but that doesn't give me the right to start ranting and raving at a member of staff on a platform, calling him a $$$$, and wishing injury or death to him or his family. I'd more than likely be arrested.

If "fans" think that giving a player abuse offers "support" to the team - at a time when they need it most, then they need their head looking at. At a time when our team needed our support most last year, we turned on them - everyone from Johnson, O'Hara, Moxey and Morgan got singled out last season - yet fans still expect them to give 100% to the club?

I'll PM you ;)

E

Edgmond Wolf

I was NOT happy with Rodger Johnsons attitude last season. I think he created unrest in the club, was a billy big boots and played crap. His attitude stinked from day one and he did not fit in.

This season he has been given a new chance and he has taken it with both hands.

It has taken me a long time to accept Rodger but he is slowly winning me round. Long may it continue!!

Come on the Wolves

LaurenceHenry

Reaction score
The fans were rash in their vilification of RJ last season, he was a scapegoat.

I wanted him to stay and am delighted that he did and is performing brilliantly.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fully with RJs Tankard on this. I said it last season as well and was roasted on here!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't think of a signing that excited me more than when we landed Johnson, I thought he'd be a major piece in our survival jigsaw. After 3 games he certainly looked the real deal, Blackburn away in particular. He was poor after that. But delighted with how he's played this season, easily a top 3 performer for us so far.

D

Dewsburywolf

I was NOT happy with Rodger Johnsons attitude last season. I think he created unrest in the club, was a billy big boots and played crap. His attitude stinked from day one and he did not fit in.

This season he has been given a new chance and he has taken it with both hands.

It has taken me a long time to accept Rodger but he is slowly winning me round. Long may it continue!!

Sorry Edgy I have to take issue with you here, he was pretty decent early on & it was only the sticking up for Karl Henry/criticising fans treatment of Karl situation that changed attitudes towards him

E

Edgmond Wolf

Sorry Edgy I have to take issue with you here, he was pretty decent early on & it was only the sticking up for Karl Henry/criticising fans treatment of Karl situation that changed attitudes towards him

Hi Dews,

Won't argue over a game or two mate......

Come on the Wolves

Back
Top Bottom