Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thelwell and Dalrymple

Nige

Reaction score
Ultimately it looks as though neither Moxey Laurie or Thelwell were happy working under SHI.
Make of that what you like..

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough but there are people like that in every organisation i have worked in. Doesnt mean they were crap at their job. Some were, some were not, but i guess it is only important if being “public facing” is a key part of the job.
Dont get me wrong, he may have been like that with everyone, inc the staff working for him, and that might have made him very hard work as a boss, and i would hope that someone in that position might want ti engage with the fans, but not everyone is comfortable in those circumstances.
The key issue is was he actually any good at his job?!?!?!?
I’ve never once said he’s crap at his job. Based on the time I spent with him, I wasn’t very keen that was all.
I work for a huge company, stakeholder management is a major part of my role.
I found him hierarchical, aloof and perhaps not the most approachable person. For someone in that position I was surprised. Other executive level people I’ve met are far from those things.
I don’t think he was supportive of the fan forum.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The common factor is Shi. He started absorbing other jobs into his own when Dalrymple left and has carried on it seems. Ever since that process started the club has looked less assured, less communicative and less effective. If we avoid a bottom half finish this season I will be surprised, and I don't rule out a relegation struggle. I think he has mismanaged the club. Out of his depth and thinks he can do anything. He can't.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please no one search for me and Bright Enobakhare or Paul Lambert. I have been right about absolutely everything else in the last 30 years mind ;)
You were actually quite measured in your praise of Bright to be fair, this was the best (worst) I could quickly find...

("that list" referring to Boly, Neves, Jota, Costa, Cav)
I think Bright can be added to that list. He's performing as well if not better than most of those. I hope Graham and Ronan get their chance too

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You were actually quite measured in your praise of Bright to be fair, this was the best (worst) I could quickly find...

("that list" referring to Boly, Neves, Jota, Costa, Cav)
tbf Bright could have been anything he wanted to be in the game, unfortunately for him that was a lazy wannabe with a chip on his shoulder. real wasted talent

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they really invest heavily to get us there?

Take Neves out who would have resale value.

Smart transfer policy but they didn't invest heavily.
You conveniently missed out the previous year and the year after all deals done by Fosun before we started in the Prem
So yes they did invest heavily to get us there and stay there

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You conveniently missed out the previous year and the year after all deals done by Fosun before we started in the Prem
So yes they did invest heavily to get us there and stay there
We lost 50M getting to the Prem (believe the EFL closed the bonus loophole we exploited the year after we went up - which is interesting when people complain about big teams financially muscling smaller teams..)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The common factor is Shi. He started absorbing other jobs into his own when Dalrymple left and has carried on it seems. Ever since that process started the club has looked less assured, less communicative and less effective. If we avoid a bottom half finish this season I will be surprised, and I don't rule out a relegation struggle. I think he has mismanaged the club. Out of his depth and thinks he can do anything. He can't.
What jobs as he absorbed? Thelwell and Darlyrymple were answerable to him as are their replacements.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost 50M getting to the Prem (believe the EFL closed the bonus loophole we exploited the year after we went up - which is interesting when people complain about big teams financially muscling smaller teams..)
Wasnt the loss 96million? Or was that the year after?
Yeah we werent exactly playing by the rules then lol,thankfully it worked

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Wasnt the loss 96million? Or was that the year after?
Yeah we werent exactly playing by the rules then lol,thankfully it worked
Don't think we ever lost that much we've been in the black sans covid since we got promoted. The big net spends have been hugely stretched out as we always owe clubs a lot of money structuring the transfers. Think we paid very little of Raul transfer upfront when he was made perm

Back
Top Bottom