Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I thought he came inside way too much, pressed at times when he shouldn't have but won all his duels and contributed going forward. It isn't purely a defensive role after all. You are supposed to be running the whole flank.
Yes, I don't disagree with that. The trouble for me (definitely not a coach!) is that as soon as we had the ball he bombed forwards regardless of the overall positions of players. When we (inevitably) lost possession they exploited the large spaces behind him. He might learn to play there, but currently I'd say he has a alot to learn (and it's probably not the best use of his talents anyway). He's very exciting but some of that comes from the fact that he is very raw. Anyway 4 at the back this season....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s many other teams with only two senior midfielders confirmed for the coming season though, so our plight is a bit more desperate

Overall the our squad is somewhere in the middle for strength.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea.
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.
MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9
Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3
Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists
Flynn Downes - ranked 242nd - rating 6.59 - 1 goal - 2 assists

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?

According to Wales Online, Downes had the sixth-most passes per game on average in the Championship last season. He also had a 92.6% pass success rate, which was the best of any player in the entire division.

Just saying you can make any point stick with selective stats. Personally never seen him play, so couldn’t really comment.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
D

Deleted member sbk12944

According to Wales Online, Downes had the sixth-most passes per game on average in the Championship last season. He also had a 92.6% pass success rate, which was the best of any player in the entire division.

Just saying you can make any point stick with selective stats. Personally never seen him play, so couldn’t really comment.
I know what you mean with stats as Kevin De Bruyne lost possession more times in total (664) than any other player in Europes top five leagues last season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Bolla move is a poor one and it highlights the disadvantages of working with Grasshoppers.

By all accounts he did well for them last season so if he’s not coming back here, why isn’t he going somewhere else?

A bottom half side in the Swiss league is really the best thing for his development? I highly doubt it. Surely we could’ve got him a Championship club or elsewhere abroad.

We don’t seem to have acted in his best interests here or tried to make him better as a player.

I understand it with players like Bonatini and maybe even Kawebe as they’ll never play for us but I thought Bolla was meant to be good, in which case he should’ve been making a step up.
It's an awkward one. I'd have liked to see him given a chance. His reported doubts that he was ready for the Premier League may not have helped though.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If MGW wants to go then so be it. An effective auction would be best for us. Come on Saints make us a decent offer.
Sure we can snap up a League of Legends player or two with the funds.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we could generate the following transfer pot;

Adama £18m
MGW £23m (as reported)
Sanderson £4m

with a retained Profit of £20m that gives us £65m - but keeping Neves

£39m is roughly 45m euros which would be enough for Nunes, £6m (about 8m euros) for Seferovic, which leaves about £20m for a centre half - perhaps Collin's?

The team could look something like this;

Sa
Chiquinho, Kilman, Coady, Collins, Jonny
Neves, Nunes
Neto, Seferovic, Podence

Subs from
Jiminez
Moutinho (assuming he re-signs)
Semedo (when fit)
RAN
Sarkic
Fabio
Boly
Gomes
Mosquera
Dendoncker
Cundle
Hwang

Personally, I don't think that is too bad to be honest. I would prefer a better striker and not to have to play Chiquinho as a wing back but I think that is more than enough to stay up. A fit Neto and the quality of Nunes should be enough to score more goals you would hope.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adama £18m
MGW £23m (as reported)
Sanderson £4m

£39m is roughly 45m euros which would be enough for Nunes, £6m (about 8m euros) for Seferovic, which leaves about £20m for a centre half - perhaps Collin's?

Sa
Neves, Nunes
Neto, Seferovic, Podence

Subs from
Jiminez
Semedo (when fit)
RAN
Sarkic
Fabio
Boly
Gomes
Mosquera
Dendoncker
Cundle
Hwang

Personally, I don't think that is too bad to be honest. I would prefer a better striker and not to have to play Chiquinho as a wing back but I think that is more than enough to stay up. A fit Neto and the quality of Nunes should be enough to score more goals you would hope.

Ugh 5 at the back.

Lets see, i mean if MGW suddenly speeds up very quickly, maybe we are trying to get funds ASAP for nunes, hopefully that would give Neves a lift for one more season.

Traore/MGW/cutrone? we have the vinagre fee thats some money at least

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree but it might not get to that stage. Wolves may sell him if he does not agree to a new contract. Every sign seems to suggest that Morgan does not feel that Wolves have treated him well and does not have confidence that things could change. So if we want him someone has to convince him otherwise.
Apart from all the guff on here, what are the signs?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Social media a very toxic place at the mo people getting nasty and insulting to specific people in the club……… not good!!
Your first six words were all you needed there.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely MGW would say I want to stay if he did . I think the project that we started years ago has needed a refresh 2 seasons ago. Unfortunately it looks like our owners have jumped ship and we are taking in water but managing to just about stay afloat .

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
P definitely going to Fulham & Botman to the Toon! Alex Crooks saying Wolves "are not cash rich" and seems to think we will struggle this market. Only the next few weeks will tell.....

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adama £18m
MGW £23m (as reported)
Sanderson £4m

Sa
Neves, Nunes
Neto, Seferovic, Podence

Subs from
Jiminez
Semedo (when fit)
RAN
Sarkic
Fabio
Boly
Gomes
Mosquera
Dendoncker
Cundle
Hwang

It’s not so much the players but it’s having the players who can play a more attacking style and score a lot more goals. That squad couldn’t produce last season and Bruno thought the same when asking for ‘better’ players.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't want to be accused of wolves exceptionalism, that we have some god given right to beat the likes of Fulham because they do have a number of things going for them - London, their manager, offer good wages, half decent chance of staying up etc.

But, we could offer more advantages - more Portuguese team mates, better chance of staying up, not London (if that's his thing), comparable wages & contract, arguably higher profile club.

So you do have to say if we wanted him we would have been top of the queue.

I just think its clear, we wanted him to play the Neves role. If Neves is not going, then we don't need him.

I would much rather have a central midfield of Neves & Nunes than Palhinha and Nunes - Neves and Nunes really could be a Champions league quality central midfield paring, all you would need is the rest of the players around them!
Yes agree I'd prefer a central midfield pairing of Neves & Nunes but if the sale of Neves is deemed necessary to purchase say 3 key players, then for the overall good of the team think Palhinha & Nunes plus one other would probably be my preference. We absolutely need our midfield to be better at moving the ball quickly to support our forwards. On the subject of forwards, I feel that Silva really needs to play himself into becoming a regular starter in what will be his third season at the club.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Psychologically Wolves have got this transfer window all wrong with so many departures and loans before anyone comes in, just makes everyone really nervous.

Why does it matter what pant wetting fans think? It would be pretty shocking if Wolves based their transfer strategy on appeasing some nervous fans.

And still, most PL clubs haven't made a signing yet.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Most of it was sideways though.

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea.
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.
MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9
Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3
Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists
Flynn Downes - ranked 242nd - rating 6.59 - 1 goal - 2 assists

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?
Calm down dear. It’s just an internet rumour.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rúben Vinagre is leaving Sporting but with the guarantee that, a year from now, he will be back in Alcochete to be the lion's firm bet, since he will be loaned but, by the firm option of SAD dos lions, with no purchase option contemplated. .

bought him and loaning him out

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Be really sad to see MGW go, think he has a lot to offer in a wolves shirt. A shame we’ve treated one of our own like ****, I guess you reap what you sow.

Back
Top Bottom