Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to presume we’re definitely in the market for a wing-back then. Concerns over the severity of Semedo’s injury, there will always be concerns over Jonny and now Bolla and Hoever both on loan.
Need a lwb for me...left footer....bit short nw marcal n saiss have gone....be fine with a loan option or cheap experienced player....

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea.
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.
MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9
Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3
Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists
Flynn Downes - ranked 242nd - rating 6.59 - 1 goal - 2 assists

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?
What's going on? You're jumping to conclusions that we're really after this player and it's not just all click bait.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had we had a fully fit Neto all last season I think we would have finished up in Europe. His ability to create chances for others as well as unsettling defenders not to mention his goal threat were all sadly missed. If he gets back to where he was he is a player destined for the very top.
Had we not let Traore out on loan we would be in europe too. We weren't miles away and our form post January 31st was diabolical.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to presume we’re definitely in the market for a wing-back then. Concerns over the severity of Semedo’s injury, there will always be concerns over Jonny and now Bolla and Hoever both on loan.

We just don't know what the club's thinking is.

Could be that Bueno and Lembisika are now seen as options?

Both Bolla and Giles would have needed to be registered (as over 21) and are at a level above U23 football.

If Bueno and Lembisika are seen as even close to their levels now, it makes more sense keeping them predominately for U23 football, with an eye to be backup options for the first team too, without needing to register them.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuinely shocked at Bolla going back out on loan. Perhaps they think they can manage the first part of the season with just jonny and ait nouri and cross their fingers neither gets injured until semedo returns as theres no point in buying another wing back for 10m when there are other parts of the team in more need of replacement/new arrivals. Bolla was more than an ample understudy, why waste another 10m or so on someone who will be lucky to make it onto the bench when semedo returns in august.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
god i hope this doesnt mean they are going to play chiquinho RWB, or some fantasy that traore will stay and play it.

Surprised on bolla, "maybe zinchenko can you play wb untill WC and then your a midfielder from then on"

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's going on? You're jumping to conclusions that we're really after this player and it's not just all click bait.
It's strange though. Folk on here bleat that we don't look at what might be available in the Chump. Then when we are reported to be looking at such players people (the same ones? who knows) bleat about that too.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Seen shouts for Lembisika and i dont think he's near first team yet. Has looked superb for u23's when i've seen them but he's only recently moved from the u18's. Thats a huge jump in small amount of time. Maybe as things stand Adama is back in the squad and Chiquiniho is pushed back to the RWB role

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Had we not let Traore out on loan we would be in europe too. We weren't miles away and our form post January 31st was diabolical.
My view is that Traore going, Hwang's loss of form, Ruben's injury and the Kilman situation all combined halt any momentum/stop us taking advantage. We'd have certainly finished 8th or above.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen shouts for Lembisika and i dont think he's near first team yet. Has looked superb for u23's when i've seen them but he's only recently moved from the u18's. Thats a huge jump in small amount of time. Maybe as things stand Adama is back in the squad and Chiquiniho is pushed back to the RWB role

Yeah, Bueno is probably close though.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were MGW I wouldnt be signing a new contract yet. I'd see if Lage played me ahead of dross like Hwang.
I agree but it might not get to that stage. Wolves may sell him if he does not agree to a new contract. Every sign seems to suggest that Morgan does not feel that Wolves have treated him well and does not have confidence that things could change. So if we want him someone has to convince him otherwise.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
god i hope this doesnt mean they are going to play chiquinho RWB, or some fantasy that traore will stay and play it.

Surprised on bolla, "maybe zinchenko can you play wb untill WC and then your a midfielder from then on"
Why not chiquino as a rwb? He was one of the few players to come out with any credit when he did that in the city game.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The value of just keeping Traore on the bench as a last resort, plan c, the impact he had at old trafford etc whatever you want to call it is worth more than what we would get for him right now, in my opinion.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti could be okay cover at lwb like how Saiss was used. Emergency

fleck1

Reaction score
I find Bolla leaving a very strange deal, had an impressive year with them last year, already a full international more than worth a look preseason. With Hoever & Giles already out for the season and Semedo looking very doubtful for the start, we seem to be leaving ourselves short in an area that was a strength.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you (and admittedly others) saw a different game to me, I thought he didn't have a clue positionally.
Agree.

He came out with credit because he had a go and would attack and beat Zinchenko when he had the ball.

Defensively it was awful though. Didn’t know where to be, when to press.

Not on his own that night and certainly not a criticism of him as it’s not his position but I wouldn’t want him starting games at RWB.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Bolla move is a poor one and it highlights the disadvantages of working with Grasshoppers.

By all accounts he did well for them last season so if he’s not coming back here, why isn’t he going somewhere else?

A bottom half side in the Swiss league is really the best thing for his development? I highly doubt it. Surely we could’ve got him a Championship club or elsewhere abroad.

We don’t seem to have acted in his best interests here or tried to make him better as a player.

I understand it with players like Bonatini and maybe even Kawebe as they’ll never play for us but I thought Bolla was meant to be good, in which case he should’ve been making a step up.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you (and admittedly others) saw a different game to me, I thought he didn't have a clue positionally.
I thought he came inside way too much, pressed at times when he shouldn't have but won all his duels and contributed going forward. It isn't purely a defensive role after all. You are supposed to be running the whole flank.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another day with silence?
The current climate aren't helped by the almost nonexistent local journalism. E&S are usually days behind, and the new Atletic guy tweets and retweets more about cricket and general news than Wolves.
I know there might not be much to report but still a bit of journalistic digging wouldn't be bad. Certainly there are lots to questions to be asked..

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any of the u23s, apart from Cundle, would need to prove themselves at PL1 level before even being considered for PL football.

Corbeanu looked like a world better in PL2 and was just about good enough for L1

Reactions: Ned

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti could be okay cover at lwb like how Saiss was used. Emergency
We are gonna end up with a system with literally no attacking players if that is the case.
Centre backs as wingers. Forwards picked for their hustle and not what they can do with ball. Neves replaced with Palinha. Dendoncker in the middle.

Okay, I'm catastrophising a little, but I'd rather have a winger there than a centre back.

Last edited:

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
!

Have you considered the term "linked" might not mean very much? If anything.
I quite accept that. But looking at the figures does suggest that we should make a real effort to keep MGW and that - as many Mixers have suggested - Lewis O'Brien is worth looking at. What I'm really seeing is that I cannot see even a shred of a coherent transfer strategy. We now need a WB - so we're apparently looking at Callum Roberts. WhoScored rate him as "weak" for both tackling and aerial duels. Last season he was Burnley's 12th best player

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bolla going back to Grasshoppers it just has to mean we are bringing in players doesn't it?

Semedo could be out until October, Marcel, Hoever, Giles and now Bolla have all gone.

Sais could fill in as a full back if required, so who do we have left? RAN, Jonny Gomes, and I guess Chiquinho, then you are into the kids who would be far worse than those who have gone out on loan.

Ajfox254

Groupie
Reaction score
With Bolla going back to Grasshoppers it just has to mean we are bringing in players doesn't it?

Semedo could be out until October, Marcel, Hoever, Giles and now Bolla have all gone.

Sais could fill in as a full back if required, so who do we have left? RAN, Jonny Gomes, and I guess Chiquinho, then you are into the kids who would be far worse than those who have gone out on loan.
Hate to tell you this but Saiss has gone

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea.
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.
MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9
Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3
Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists
Flynn Downes - ranked 242nd - rating 6.59 - 1 goal - 2 assists

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?

Firstly, it's a "link", so who cares?

Secondly, the article that mentioned the link said Southampton and Palace are also interested - so perhaps if the article does turn out to be true, the scouts have done a slightly more in-depth analysis of his skills than looking up his WhoScored ratings?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be dead annoying if we have to spend a good part of 20m on a new full/wing back to replace one of the only top half Prem quality players we have-Semedo. It'd basically mean selling MGW, a possible England player IMO with a replacement defender.....

Obviously can't be helped, with the nature of the game and Semedo getting up and down the pitch all season. But still very infuriating.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, Bueno is probably close though.

I like him and he had a fantastic second half of the u23 season, but he isn't ready and having him sit around as a bench player will curtail all the good work done last season - he needs a loan
Think you may be right. I thought Bueno would be the one loaned out and Giles would be kept on as the backup as he could play a more advanced role as well if really required.

IF we were to keep one back, then I'd have agreed with your thoughts about Giles staying and Bueno going out.

As an FYI - Bueno is better going forward than defending (probably because he was an attacking player before coming to Wolves - we converted him to a wingback), so would be equally at home in a forward role too - however as above, he isn't ready and needs a loan.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this but Saiss has gone

Yes, I know what I was trying to say (poorly I admit) that Sais could step in as full back when he was here.

Basically, we have RAN, Jonny, Gomes and Chiquinho until Semedo is fit.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is amazing when allied to some posts on here that suggest we are way behind what other teams are doing. That simply is not the case!
I don’t think there’s many other teams with only two senior midfielders confirmed for the coming season though, so our plight is a bit more desperate

Back
Top Bottom