Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell MGW £20m, Adama £20m, and add in £20m retained profit that's £60m and none of those players played any significant part in a 10th place finish.

That is more than enough to refresh the squad with three or four players - OK maybe not the likes of Nunes, but there would be plenty of players out there who would improve the 'squad' if not the first team and in this Senario we keep Neves.

Buckle up the next two or three weeks will be very interesting!

I'll be amazed if anyone pays 20 million for Adama. I hope we get that, but i cant see it

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its giving him the option, compare the contracts between the two

see if hes got the balls for it
Or .... Morgan we are really keen for you to stay, but Forest want you as well. You are a very lucky fella. Have a think about things and see what your options are, the ball is in your court. It all depends on context doesn't it?
I see it as - Here's a new contract Morgan to reward you for your progress. We are also aware that you've made noises about not wanting to b with us going forward, so we are willing to let you go too. I think we are being VERY fair. Especially if the demands of a first team place are anything like true.
None of that really screams "we really want to keep you" though does it?

Put it another way; we offer Neves a new contract and agree a fee with Newcastle for him. Neves has made noises about wanting to move (something that people on here have said about MGW, but I've not actually seen anywhere), so this would be totally fine and a good way to indicate to Ruben that we want to keep him?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Story today that Fulham have beaten us to Paulinha, despite a lower offer of £17million. Seems like Silva was able to sell the vision of a newly promoted club better than we could ( assuming we’d made any contact ). If true, leaves little doubt that if Neves stays there won’t be money available for the fairly major refresh we need. Worryingly, every transfer window we fail to adequately strengthen, the more likely we have a struggle in the bottom half of the table.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Story today that Fulham have beaten us to Paulinha, despite a lower offer of £17million. Seems like Silva was able to sell the vision of a newly promoted club better than we could ( assuming we’d made any contact ). If true, leaves little doubt that if Neves stays there won’t be money available for the fairly major refresh we need. Worryingly, every transfer window we fail to adequately strengthen, the more likely we have a struggle in the bottom half of the table.
Seriously doubt we lost to Fulham. We either didn’t want him and never formally bid as , or we enquired and simply didn’t want to progress as we have a better option like nunes.

promoted clubs have to chuck money as they have are very likely yo go back down.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of that really screams "we really want to keep you" though does it?

Put it another way; we offer Neves a new contract and agree a fee with Newcastle for him. Neves has made noises about wanting to move (something that people on here have said about MGW, but I've not actually seen anywhere), so this would be totally fine and a good way to indicate to Ruben that we want to keep him?
The big difference is Neves has more than proved himself, MGW hasn't and chose not to stay and is making noises about moving on already.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously doubt we lost to Fulham. We either didn’t want him and never formally bid as , or we enquired and simply didn’t want to progress as we have a better option like nunes.

promoted clubs have to chuck money as they have are very likely yo go back down.
Think Palhinha only happened if Neves left,still think we should have gone for him either way as Nunes is a long shot and we need a tough tackling midfielder just as much

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had we had a fully fit Neto all last season I think we would have finished up in Europe. His ability to create chances for others as well as unsettling defenders not to mention his goal threat were all sadly missed. If he gets back to where he was he is a player destined for the very top.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I do not think £17m for an established Portuguese international is “chucking money at it”

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't want to be accused of wolves exceptionalism, that we have some god given right to beat the likes of Fulham because they do have a number of things going for them - London, their manager, offer good wages, half decent chance of staying up etc.

But, we could offer more advantages - more Portuguese team mates, better chance of staying up, not London (if that's his thing), comparable wages & contract, arguably higher profile club.

So you do have to say if we wanted him we would have been top of the queue.

I just think its clear, we wanted him to play the Neves role. If Neves is not going, then we don't need him.

I would much rather have a central midfield of Neves & Nunes than Palhinha and Nunes - Neves and Nunes really could be a Champions league quality central midfield paring, all you would need is the rest of the players around them!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to be accused of wolves exceptionalism, that we have some god given right to beat the likes of Fulham because they do have a number of things going for them - London, their manager, offer good wages, half decent chance of staying up etc.

But, we could offer more advantages - more Portuguese team mates, better chance of staying up, not London (if that's his thing), comparable wages & contract, arguably higher profile club.

So you do have to say if we wanted him we would have been top of the queue.

I just think its clear, we wanted him to play the Neves role. If Neves is not going, then we don't need him.

I would much rather have a central midfield of Neves & Nunes than Palhinha and Nunes - Neves and Nunes really could be a Champions league quality central midfield paring, all you would need is the rest of the players around them!
Except Nunes doesn't want to come.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea.
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.
MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9
Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3
Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists
Flynn Downes - ranked 242nd - rating 6.59 - 1 goal - 2 assists

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the done deals on the BBC site, it is quite amazing how few deals have been done by Premier League clubs thus far. I imagine this will change once we get past 1 July?.
Why is it amazing?
Most the players are on holiday. Everybody is looking for deals that suit them.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every club in the world would entertain an offer that meets their valuation. That is different from being actively up for sale.
Sure, but then again there are varying ways to entice a sale, such as the way Fosun run Wolves, but we are going over old territory. I got my view and a bit of insight, people think otherwise.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
!
Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players.

Now the goals/assists for Downes might be unfair as he's apparently a CDM, but the 242nd ranked player in the Championship (well below George Saville, folks). What in God's name is going on?
Have you considered the term "linked" might not mean very much? If anything.

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Definitely looking like MGW will be on his way out, took Sheffield United out his bio and hasn’t replaced it with wolves. Profile picture also a photo of him playing for Sheffield United. A proper shame in my opinion considering he was deemed as one of the “best players we’ve ever produced, to not really get a chance in the prem for us and seeming likely it will be for newly promoted forest.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I noticed in the top 5 for most chances created, Jed Wallace was 5th.
If I'm honest I think the standard of the league has dropped post pandemic

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Todays the start of pre-season training. The day that Bruno said he wanted most of the signings at Compton.

If I were him, after being shafted, again, I’d be handing in my resignation and ****ing off to the Algarve.
Every manager wants their new signings for the first day of pre season but its pure fantasy it doesn't happen
Get real

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Grasshoppers need new players.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have to presume we’re definitely in the market for a wing-back then. Concerns over the severity of Semedo’s injury, there will always be concerns over Jonny and now Bolla and Hoever both on loan.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
!

Have you considered the term "linked" might not mean very much? If anything.

It could accurately be argued that we are currently linked with upwards of 2,400 players.

Not including totally baseless gossip either. That's just players that we have files on, or send scouts to watch, monitor value and availability or intend to bid for.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Flynn Downs is a weird link. Swansea fans seem to either think he'll be in the premier league sooner rather then later or shouldn't be in there team now.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to presume we’re definitely in the market for a wing-back then. Concerns over the severity of Semedo’s injury, there will always be concerns over Jonny and now Bolla and Hoever both on loan.
I'd have said yes, but then we go back to the Adama situation and then the midfield and can only draw conclusions that lead straight back to thinking otherwise.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had we had a fully fit Neto all last season I think we would have finished up in Europe. His ability to create chances for others as well as unsettling defenders not to mention his goal threat were all sadly missed. If he gets back to where he was he is a player destined for the very top.
Would be like a new signing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom