Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a thought why don’t we have a thread where we solely talk about rumours, potential players,ITK signings and share you tube clips. No bickering, no calling names or doubting ITKs as WUMs, no doubting Fosun/Shi - you can do that on another thread/poll.
It's been tried... Soon becomes same old same old unfortunately.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just had a thought why don’t we have a thread where we solely talk about rumours, potential players,ITK signings and share you tube clips. No bickering, no calling names or doubting ITKs as WUMs, no doubting Fosun/Shi - you can do that on another thread/poll.
We've tried that. The mods tried to moderate it. It's driven them to insanity.

I thought maybe a thread with just links.

Literally, no other comments allowed.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because people can’t help themselves in repeating the same thing over and over despite being told. Some can’t quite grasp that they are rumours and seem to take it as fact and get worked up over it.

Even the rumours from the pub has been taken seriously and argued!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because people can’t help themselves in repeating the same thing over and over despite being told. Some can’t quite grasp that they are rumours and seem to take it as fact and get worked up over it.

If only there was a social media platform just for tweets

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair, rumours from the pub should be taken seriously and argued!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's how you reinvest the money that's key . We have not signed anyone so far and looks like we have to sell to buy .

Most fans of other clubs I speak to think we are going to be battling with relegation this year .

I do fear we will struggle as let's be fair we scored **** all last season. So a where's the creativity and the goals . As we have not improved any area of the team so far this window .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t accept an offer if you really believe in a player lol

Sorry, but a sensible club does. City accepted an offer from us for Zinchenko a couple of years ago, but gave him the choice. It appears he wasn’t the only player where players we want to sign have been given the choice.

If Forest made an offer to good to refuse, then he wouldn’t get a choice, he would be told the club wants him to go.

If Forest made an offer far below our valuation, then they would be told to go away and get real.

Forest have made a decent offer, which makes the club indifferent between him staying or going, and so he gets to choose.

Now, for Morgan, an interesting decision. Go to Forest, know that he will be a regular starter and that they have a manager who rates him, but the club may struggle to stay up. Stay at Wolves, know that we will likely finish higher and have more quality to help him shine, but have questions about whether he will be playing every week. Hard decision, but I think Morgan will accept the offer from Forest.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The word is “indifferent “. For Wolves, the offer means they are happy if he stays, or if he goes. So it’s good for Morgan that he gets to choose. Not sure why people find this hard to accept?
He’s either in the clubs plans or he’s not, though. Bruno has said that Morgan knows what his plans for him are this season, so the manager at least, is not indifferent.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves want to keep MGW, reject the offer and play him.
Not only that, come out and say that he is an integral part of their plans going forward. But no, its quieter than a monestary under a vow of silence. Player trading is what its all about

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You don’t accept an offer if you really believe in a player lol

Depends if the player wants to go. It's their career. If they want to go, you try to make money and move them on.
Which we don't know yet -whether he wants to go or stay - so there's no point any of us reading anything into it. We'll wait and see.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Follow talking wolves on twitter and put notifications on, they post all rumours links etc, that would be my advice.

that’s a good suggestion….on Twitter you will get all the latest rumours and no bickering.

this thread however is for those who like to bicker and also repeat endlessly that the club is for sale, Jeff Shi is a liar, Fosun wont invest and are secretly siphoning money out, Fosun have no ambition, the transfer team don’t know what they are doing , sellars only sells but can’t buy, Neves will go at the end of the window, wolves will buy no one, wolves will be relegated next year and these are the most incompetent owners and should leave and Bruno is leaving.

if I didn’t read this thread I wouldn’t know all that .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s either in the clubs plans or he’s not, though. Bruno has said that Morgan knows what his plans for him are this season, so the manager at least, is not indifferent.

And what was Zinchenko at City, when they accepted our offer? He stayed and played. Do you think Pep had only one plan?

Why do people find it hard to grasp “indifferent” ? ;)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what was Zinchenko at City, when they accepted our offer? He stayed and played. Do you think Pep had only one plan?

Why do people find it hard to grasp “indifferent” ?
I don’t find it hard to grasp, I’m saying that our manager is not indifferent. So your hypothetical situation doesn’t reflect reality.

City, with their vast resources and squad can afford to be indifferent about fringe players. We’re not City.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it's that or riots it seems reading wolves twitter and forums
I refuse to believe we don't have a series of plans for various scenarios.
It's just timing and waiting for a number of pieces to fall into place regarding the mendes carousel.
Having players through the door for pre season would be nice, unfortunately Jeff and Co most likely know that the best deals will start to happen as clubs start to lose their nerve and start slashing prices to get players moved on and money in.
Right players, right money, at the right time.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I refuse to believe we don't have a series of plans for various scenarios.
It's just timing and waiting for a number of pieces to fall into place regarding the mendes carousel.
Having players through the door for pre season would be nice, unfortunately Jeff and Co most likely know that the best deals will start to happen as clubs start to lose their nerve and start slashing prices to get players moved on and money in.
Right players, right money, at the right time.
yes of course there has to be someone at the wheel or plans, but completely undermining Bruno again is poor

He wanted signings before pre season, someone best come through the door before coady and the other international boys arrive following week

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be a guaranteed starter for me if he stayed in a more positive attacking formation as a no10. I also doubt Forest will be thumped every week just as Brentford werent last season. They look to be doing some decent business and seem to have a good head coach.
If we played with a 10 that role goes to Podence before MGW.

Forest will finish bottom.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t find it hard to grasp, I’m saying that our manager is not indifferent. So your hypothetical situation doesn’t reflect reality.

City, with their vast resources and squad can afford to be indifferent about fringe players. We’re not City.

Morgan has never been a regular first team player for us, so of course our manager can be indifferent. You’re overlaying your opinions of Morgan on those of Lage, and assuming he is not indifferent. You have an opinion, and that’s absolutely fine. It may or may not be the same as Lage.

That’s all I’m saying.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan has never been a regular first team player for us, so of course our manager can be indifferent. You’re overlaying your opinions of Morgan on those of Lage, and assuming he is not indifferent. That’s all I’m saying.
I’m not though, I’m taking Lage’s quotes about MGW, where he said that Morgan knew his plans for him next season, and the fact we’ve offered him a new contract as a sign that he isn’t indifferent about him and wants him to stay.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Getting players in for pre season is absolutely ideal from a footballing perspective. Allows players to settle quickly and learn the system and roles they will be playing.
The structure of our club and the way in which it is staffed and set up doesn't put football as its primary concern.
Jeff under Fosun runs Wolves like a business primarily, and from a business perspective. Late deals are most likely better deals.
yes of course there has to be someone at the wheel or plans, but completely undermining Bruno again is poor

He wanted signings before pre season, someone best come through the door before coady and the other international boys arrive following week

Back
Top Bottom