Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd prefer to have Morgan to Hwang, but ironically, Hwang equalled Morgan's goal return for Wolves after 20 mins of his debut and surpassed it 3 weeks later. If he goes, it'll be interesting to see how he does.
Well I can guarantee he'll score in 2 matches

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were up for sale I'm not sure why they would have started the Fosun Sports Group and are still investing in and pushing Wolves Records and eSports etc. Also Jeff said in Ask Wolves that the plan was to grow until we are floated on the stock exchange. If he said all that knowing we were for sale it would be quite underhanded. It just doesn't match up.
The other elephant in the room is that as the focus is on the brand? What will they sell, the football club and the brand or just the football club? Minus the brand.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other elephant in the room is that as the focus is on the brand? What will they sell, the football club and the brand or just the football club? Minus the brand.
So what? We would be the "Team Formerly Known As.." ? Or is there an even more sinister future!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's fair enough but we're not Sheffield United. It should cost more buying from a Premier League club.
Why? His best performances have been in the Championship for SU which determines his value. Without his successful loan he wouldn’t be worth £20m let alone £30m.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this article - about Grasshoppers not having many players available for pre season was interesting;

That is very worrying to see. Particularly as they are in close links with us. Looks a shambles there.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what? We would be the "Team Formerly Known As.." ? Or is there an even more sinister future!
Well if they like the brand so much, as they do, they will not sell Wolverhampton Wanderers and allow them to keep the branding. Therefore no more awolves, Wolf head badge etc. of course they may not selling us at all and people are simply putting spurious rumours together to create a bigger catastrophic myth.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Did here in N wales but rained most of the day, now back to set a bit like Wolves ambitions.
Are you near C Bay then? I believe there is a N Wales Supporters club with sum total of ten members. Odd really. As there are many from the Black Country retired to my neck of the woods.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's no where near a 30m player.
20m is good business imo

He will be worth double that in a year. Club must keep him and get him to sign a new deal as the season goes on and play him. Cant believe we could be about to potentially lose MGW. It just sums up the way the club is going at the moment. Just zero good news.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you near C Bay then? I believe there is a N Wales Supporters club with sum total of ten members. Odd really. As there are many from the Black Country retired to my neck of the woods.
Yes live in Rhos-on-Sea, usually 5 or 6 of us on train to home games.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How **** and demoralising is it going to look if MGW is sold, a player that a lot of us are excited about playing for us this season in a more attacking formation with still no additions here?

He is a player that will push forwards and was amazing for Sheff Utd. Lose him and something has seriously gone wrong at the club and I do wonder what the powers that be are doing. The news about Grasshoppers is a tad concerning as well.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's fair enough but we're not Sheffield United. It should cost more buying from a Premier League club.
It's not just like Asda and Waitrose - surely? Oh well maybe, I'll go with it. Seems as logical as most of the assumptions being made here.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How **** and demoralising is it going to look if MGW is sold, a player that a lot of us are excited about playing for us this season in a more attacking formation with still no additions here?

He is a player that will push forwards and was amazing for Sheff Utd. Lose him and something has seriously gone wrong at the club and I do wonder what the powers that be are doing. The news about Grasshoppers is a tad concerning as well.
What’s the news about Grasshoppers? Had a read back but can’t see anything mentioned.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be worth double that in a year. Club must keep him and get him to sign a new deal as the season goes on and play him. Cant believe we could be about to potentially lose MGW. It just sums up the way the club is going at the moment. Just zero good news.
I like MGW but there’s absolutely nothing to prove he’ll be likely to be a £40 million footballer In 12 months.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will see but I reckon he will after what he does this coming season.
If he stays I can’t see him being a guaranteed starter and if he goes to forest and they get thumped every week he won’t see enough of the ball to show anything

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? His best performances have been in the Championship for SU which determines his value. Without his successful loan he wouldn’t be worth £20m let alone £30m.
Because Championship clubs can't demand the same fees as Premier League clubs.

Values on the same player differ from club to club. For example, if Man United go in for a player, the price goes up.

If Forest want to buy from us, a Premier League rival, we should be demanding at least £30m. As mentioned in the longer post, it's also fair enough value for someone with his ability. Maddison's age and stats are so similar to him and he cost £20m four years ago and prices have gone up.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t argue with your opinion here. In fact I felt this for a while since those rumours of Leonid Fedun surfaced a while back (Notwithstanding that was probably a near miss if there was any truth)
If there was any truth in that rumour we had a bloody narrow escape given what has happened since.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You just never know with these lot what is going on. Imagine if we do something like sell Gibbs White for £20mill and get Rafa Silva for £20mill. A team playing Neto, Podence and Rafa Silva behind Raul is better than keeping Gibbs White. Not saying it’ll happen, but who knows.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Values on the same player differ from club to club. For example, if Man United go in for a player, the price goes up.

If Forest want to buy from us, a Premier League rival, we should be demanding at least £30m. As mentioned in the longer post, it's also fair enough value for someone with his ability. Maddison's age and stats are so similar to him and he cost £20m four years ago and prices have gone up.
Dream on! He might be able to transfer his Championship form to the PL but it’s far from guaranteed. I doubt any Wolves fan would have turned down£20m this time last year and though he’s been good he’s still unproven at a higher level.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, if there’s one way to show a player you want to keep him and get him to sign a new contract it’s agreeing a fee with another club to sell him.

I think City did that with us for Zinchenko, and look how that turned out.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like MGW but there’s absolutely nothing to prove he’ll be likely to be a £40 million footballer In 12 months.
Yes there is. His form with Sheffield United.

He's putting up numbers, and looks as good when you watch, as the likes of Maddison and Grealish. A key player for England's U21s.

He obviously has to work to get to that level but that's his trajectory and the sort he should be compared to (more so Maddison than Grealish).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Jos, had you said "he may be worth double" l would have agreed but "will"? He has it all to do to prove himself at PL level. I think that he will but it is by no means certain.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dream on! He might be able to transfer his Championship form to the PL but it’s far from guaranteed. I doubt any Wolves fan would have turned down£20m this time last year and though he’s been good he’s still unproven at a higher level.
Last year is irrelevant.

I listed three examples of players in the Championship who cost £20m from clubs in that division. When you're buying from a Premier League side it should be more.

The best players in the Championship cost £20m four years ago.

He was one of the best players in the Championship. Imagine if someone said Neves wasn't worth £20-25m after a year with us because it was 'far from guaranteed' he could do it in the Prem. I presume, and hope, you'd have laughed them out of town.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The point isn’t which club owns him, the point is where has he played. His breakout years have been in the Champ, so that’s the basis for valuation. If he had played like he did for SU but in the PL, then likely he would be worth 30-40m now. That’s yet to be demonstrated. So it’s a gamble. Take 20m and risk he does his stuff in the PL, or keep him and risk that he cannot replicate his form in the PL.. There are examples of both outcomes and I’m not sure which will be the case with him if I’m 100% honest.

Back
Top Bottom