Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
23 pages since the “new” thread started, and still sweet fa Wolves transfers to talk about. Even the rumours have dried up now.
Apart from the one where we have agreed a fee and terms for Nunes, and just need to raise the funds.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've bought sa and ait nouri who were good value. Other than that we have overpaid on:
Hwang 14 million
Fabio 35 million
Semedo 27-35 million
Cutrone 15 million
Hoever 13 million
Trincao loan fee 4.5 million.

I will ****
Very good point. What did we get for Mir last summer as well and Otasowie?
Hwang and Mosquera pretty much.

Also the Jota money is already in via a 9% loan, which we need to pay back.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes playing next to who if a Neves sale is needed to buy him?
As far as I know Moutinho hasn't renewed.

So a Nunes-Dendoncker or Nunes-Cundle central midfield pairing?

No wonder he's not too keen on a move.

Exactly. What sort of a message does that send to a potential signing like Nunes. Sorry mate. Have to wait a while whist we sell our star player so we can sign you. Hardly screams ambition for a player of the quality of Nunes. Surely he would be wanting to hear we are going to play you alongside our star player?!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says it all if true and this quite ridiculous approach by our owners. Will never take us forward.
The problem i have with it is when that site says we are in for someone everyone ridicules it as clickbait
Yet any negative thing from there is true lol
Im not saying it isnt the case but its a bit hypocritical really

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need players before we even sell anyone. If we do sell any first teamers they need replacing too.

We are at least 3 first 11 players short, IMO. Unfortunately for us, it’s the spine of the team too.

This one in one out rhetoric is laughable and will see us relegated.

Yep. Bruno himself stated we needed at least 3 new additions on top of the squad we had last season and he apparently wanted to keep Saiss. Thats four then.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem i have with it is when that site says we are in for someone everyone ridicules it as clickbait
Yet any negative thing from there is true lol
Im not saying it isnt the case but its a bit hypocritical really

Agree but if you look at the evidence of the last several transfer windows it begins to echo a certain truth.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Bruno himself stated we needed at least 3 new additions on top of the squad we had last season and he apparently wanted to keep Saiss. Thats four then.

He wanted to keep Ruddy as well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the one where we have agreed a fee and terms for Nunes, and just need to raise the funds.

Isnt that the big elephant in the room about how we are currently being run and a big flaw though? Why are we so tight that we have to raise funds? We are an established premier league club and our owners are currently acting like we are a struggling championship club.

This approach will hardly attract players. In fact I will be amazed if we sign Nunes and this can be bookmarked. Like all these supposed signings recently he will end up elsewhere. Nunes wont wait around whilst we dither.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City. Everything that’s wrong in football in 2022. Buy players to bench them do others can’t have them and pay them bucket loads so they don’t bleat. Now have a countrywide following of glory hunting gold diggers who have zero affinity to the club before they bought success. The whole sky 7 have done this in my view. 13 teams in the league playing catch up as they can’t compete financially although watch Everton and Villa try. Fosun just are not going to do that. We should target staying up first but we must go for the cups. It is our only chance of Europe which is the only way we attract the right calibre of player. I love my team but I really don’t like the money driven premiership set up. For me it ruins competition. You know before a ball is kicked who will be in or around the top 4 and who are going to be in the cup mix . I hope an underdog does something this season. I would have loved it to be us but I can’t see it .
Liverpool used to do this in the late 70's and then again in the early 90's. Nothing new except today you have more subs to use and therefore need a deeper bench.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. What sort of a message does that send to a potential signing like Nunes. Sorry mate. Have to wait a while whist we sell our star player so we can sign you. Hardly screams ambition for a player of the quality of Nunes. Surely he would be wanting to hear we are going to play you alongside our star player?!
Is that actually happening??? Is that the case 100%??? Do you know that is what it definitely is????

If the answer is no to the above then please please mate do yourself a favour a chill out....

You're working yourself up into a frustrated mess over scenarios that you don't know are true!

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good post all true.
No. It's really not. It's the post of a cry baby who knows nothing about what is going on at the club.
The tx plan was to sell neves,traore, donk and a few others to buy a few others. The reality is we have priced ourselves out of the market with neves so there’s obviously no plan b for signings.
I hate fosun and the way they conduct themselves. Self sustainable with no new revenue (yet to see this bull **** new revenue streams) for signings unless we sell to buy and even then no one wants our players. Paulinha deal was all but done… pulled the plug, Nunes deal all but done …. pulled the plug, all the others this summer already who have turned us down because we have to sell a player for 80 million before we can improve anything.

The most annoying part is they threw 35 million at an unknown kid that we will be lucky to get a fraction of that back on current form (hope he proves us wrong) but won’t fork out on proven quality. It’s just a joke from the top down.
You hate Fosun. The owners who got us promoted, brought us some great players, invested a load of money, have taken us to 7th twice, FA Cup semi and Europe and still you say you hate them. F. uck knows what you'd say if we ever won the league, the FA Cup or a European competition. You are the worst kind of spoiled brat "supporter" Jonesy.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Imagine turning off all social media, shutting Facebook, staying off the mix, avoid any PL build up, not buying a programme and turning up at Elland road on the 6th not knowing who's playing for us.
Be like Christmas.
You'll either get that shiny new bike you wanted as a kid
Or Jeffy clause will have delivered you a stinking lump of coal.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine turning off all social media, shutting Facebook, staying off the mix, avoid any PL build up, not buying a programme and turning up at Elland road on the 6th not knowing who's playing for us.
Be like Christmas.
If Neves and Mouts are on the pitch, we'd still beat them with a lump of coal.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying a lack of action? Just coz we can't see it? No twitter nobs are making stuff up?

Let's wait and see.

If they **** it up then have at it with your moaning. But wait until maybe?
Fans have every right to moan with how it is going at the moment, anyone that has seen my posts on here will see they have mainly been very pro Fosun and to be honest I still think they will do right for the club... but in truth I was annoyed with how the transfer windows went last season and so far this year it looks a complete mess everyone knew we needed a rebuild! We have 0 new players in the door and Ruddy, Saiss,Marcal, Hoever and Trincao have left making our squad weaker also Moutinho is yet to sign a contract and pre season starts next week...

We also have pre season games being announced by other clubs with zero communication from the club about them which to me is **** poor but that's another subject..

I just don't have the faith in Sellars (and co) who I feel by the way he talks in his interviews is way more concerned about creating paths into the first team for young players than actually strengthening the first team!

I could be wrong and hopefully I am (I'll be the first to hold my hands up) but the signs so far are really not good and I'm concerned how the transfer window is going so far...

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any and all released information on transfers is malicious in one way or another. It is either us releasing information, for our own good, or others releasing information to their own good, or our detriment.

The truth is far from what is bring reported, yet people are using the reports to criticise the owners.

Many deals being worked on.... let's see what comes off.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that actually happening??? Is that the case 100%??? Do you know that is what it definitely is????

If the answer is no to the above then please please mate do yourself a favour a chill out....

You're working yourself up into a frustrated mess over scenarios that you don't know are true!

I'm not happy but I'm certainly not a frustrated mess although I do have covid which has laid me low. Trying to put my points across as this is my passion. Respect your views are different to mine of course but frustrated mess. Nope.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans have every right to moan with how it is going at the moment, anyone that has seen my posts on here will see they have mainly been very pro Fosun and to be honest I still think they will do right for the club... but in truth I was annoyed with how the transfer windows went last season and so far this year it looks a complete mess everyone knew we needed a rebuild! We have 0 new players in the door and Ruddy, Saiss,Marcal, Hoever and Trincao have left making our squad weaker also Moutinho is yet to sign a contract and pre season starts next week...

We also have pre season games being announced by other clubs with zero communication from the club about them which to me is **** poor but that's another subject..

I just don't have the faith in Sellars (and co) who I feel by the way he talks in his interviews is way more concerned about creating paths into the first team for young players than actually strengthening the first team!

I could be wrong and hopefully I am (I'll be the first to hold my hands up) but the signs so far are really not good and I'm concerned how the transfer window is going so far...

Fully agree, Bognor and well said.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be like Christmas.
Bit like our opening game of the season at Aldershot many years ago. Many of the team were strangers.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. I saw that after my post! But I’d probably say it’s also nothing new since this thread started. I really doubt we will sign Nunes, even if we sold Neves this summer.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying a lack of action? Just coz we can't see it? No twitter nobs are making stuff up?

Let's wait and see.

If they **** it up then have at it with your moaning. But wait until maybe?

Said that for the last 7 windows. The end result is the same every time - the squad not being strengthened. This club has been a shambolic mess in the transfer market (amongst many other things) for a long time now. There can be no defending it.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont disagree JOS but its still early in the window and im expecting some action this time next week,hopefully

How many times have we said that for the last few years though? 'Things will happen next week, then the week after then the week after' oh... And before you know it, the window is shut and Fosun have failed to deliver yet again.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tx plan was to sell neves,traore, donk and a few others to buy a few others. The reality is we have priced ourselves out of the market with neves so there’s obviously no plan b for signings.
I hate fosun and the way they conduct themselves. Self sustainable with no new revenue (yet to see this bull **** new revenue streams) for signings unless we sell to buy and even then no one wants our players. Paulinha deal was all but done… pulled the plug, Nunes deal all but done …. pulled the plug, all the others this summer already who have turned us down because we have to sell a player for 80 million before we can improve anything.

The most annoying part is they threw 35 million at an unknown kid that we will be lucky to get a fraction of that back on current form (hope he proves us wrong) but won’t fork out on proven quality. It’s just a joke from the top down.

Think the last sentence is correct,and Guo has told Jeff he car have any more money if he spends it like it's confetti.Netflix has to find his own money.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats going to happen when we dont have a Neves to cash in on to buy players? This is where their plan will fall apart if our recruitment is poor
I assume they are hoping that Silva will flourish into a £100m player.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume they are hoping that Silva will flourish into a £100m player.

They probably are. Thing is though, if we sell Neves for say 60 million and spend that on 3 players, 2 of them have to improve the team and then be sold on for a hefty profit. I'm struggling to see us doing that with our recent recruitment history unless Jorge does us a few favours.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt that the big elephant in the room about how we are currently being run and a big flaw though? Why are we so tight that we have to raise funds? We are an established premier league club and our owners are currently acting like we are a struggling championship club.

This approach will hardly attract players. In fact I will be amazed if we sign Nunes and this can be bookmarked. Like all these supposed signings recently he will end up elsewhere. Nunes wont wait around whilst we dither.

Stuff has happened jos - China, Mendes I don’t know what - but it has and the parameters have changed somewhat. Just how it is, no amount of teeth gnashing is going to change this. I’m still fairly upbeat given numerous very good players remain, but there’s always a possibility it could go tits up. Who knows, let’s see, take it easy and enjoy the summer - we’ll soon be back in the midst of it all

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but a friend I've knew since school was.
If that is true l really hope that you haven't inadvertently cost someone their job. There would likely only be a small number of people at any such meeting.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not happy but I'm certainly not a frustrated mess although I do have covid which has laid me low. Trying to put my points across as this is my passion. Respect your views are different to mine of course but frustrated mess. Nope.
Sorry to hear about the covid! :(

You just only seem to post what comes across as a frustrated/annoyed view based on things that haven't happened 99% of the time

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stuff has happened jos - China, Mendes I don’t know what - but it has and the parameters have changed somewhat. Just how it is, no amount of teeth gnashing is going to change this. I’m still fairly upbeat given numerous very good players remain, but there’s always a possibility it could go tits up. Who knows, let’s see, take it easy and enjoy the summer - we’ll soon be back in the midst of it all
The biggest thing is that player values have shot up. Very average players are now 30M and to get top quality you have to pay far more. Fosun have told us that their approach will be different and they have backed that up by signing younger players with talent and then naturing them so they become appreciating assets.

Further, our pool of Portuguese players appears to have dried up somewhat. There's only so much talent in Portugal and we have done so well from it that other clubs have woken up and started to take a look. That drives values up.

The other thing is that Nuno is not here and the relationship with a certain agent has undoubtedly changed because of that. When your best mate isn't the manager of a club anymore, you are going to look at things differently.

Fosun are doing fine, despite the frustration we all see that a little more investment could genuinely have seen us finish in the top 6 3 out of 4 seasons. Given what I have seen, I have trust in their process although we may have to take a step back for two or three seasons before we can try again.

Back
Top Bottom