Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes would be amazing but utilmately i think we want players that will change the dynamics of the side..whether that be 10mil or 50 mil..we all know we need a fast tall cb and an attacking mid and a target man...surely it cant be this hard !

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we got £10m(?) for Vinagre, some of the Jota money too, surely we could have purchased Palhinha, then also Nunes purchase could have been followed up IF Neves is sold.
Spent that on Hwang

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes me laugh as well the idea that we have on
I think we'll see some action next week if some teams need to sell players to raise funds before the end of thToo right, but if depending on presumption, mine is Jeff is clueless in terms of football.
We are only getting him if we sell Neves.
The tx plan was to sell neves,traore, donk and a few others to buy a few others. The reality is we have priced ourselves out of the market with neves so there’s obviously no plan b for signings.
I hate fosun and the way they conduct themselves. Self sustainable with no new revenue (yet to see this bull **** new revenue streams) for signings unless we sell to buy and even then no one wants our players. Paulinha deal was all but done… pulled the plug, Nunes deal all but done …. pulled the plug, all the others this summer already who have turned us down because we have to sell a player for 80 million before we can improve anything.

The most annoying part is they threw 35 million at an unknown kid that we will be lucky to get a fraction of that back on current form (hope he proves us wrong) but won’t fork out on proven quality. It’s just a joke from the top down.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes has always been a reach,he naturally wants CL clubs to come for him,and the asking price was always a problem if we cant move Neves on
The Enzo deal was simply not what we wanted,we wanted him now not in 6 months time and the 25% rights issue is not how we operate either
As much as we want these types of players, they must first want to be here, and secondly be deals we can achieve and are comfortable with
Im hoping we have other targets more in our ball park lined up and expecting moves towards the end of next week
We need at least 3 players and top loading everything on one player is probably not the wisest thing to do from where we are
Lower our sights a little and get something done,it may not be what we all want but its where we are

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really are going hard at South America aren't we if that is true

Players are easier to get them most Europeans now and at half the cost aswell, there are gems over there, only problem is City and Red Bull have teams over there and like that Renan guy they'll hoover up whatever good talent appears that's if Florentino Perez doesn't get his grubby hands on them first

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say it’s a joke, it’s clear Neves sale will massively affect our budget and plans.

Let’s say we expect to have circa £45m to spend without selling Neves with a CB, CM and CF required.

With Neves sale we’d potentially have £100m and need a CB, 2 x CM and a CF.

Now in scenario B, £40m on Nunes is a reasonable shout with £60m left for the other 3 positions.

However if Neves doesn’t move on spending £40m, most of our available funds, on one position with 3 others needed still isn’t smart at all.

The one that you could say is ridiculous, if true, is not going for Fernandez at circa £15m in that same position even if we did have to wait 6 months for him if we believe that long term he’d be worth it. Obviously there may have been reasons other than money but if it was simply the terms of the deal that stopped it then that’s the one to be frustrated about, not Nunes.
Yeah you are spot but the problem with that is how long do we wait? Look at Leeds for example they have spent money before the sale of Philips because they knew a deal was lined up for him, if we are now stalling on Nunes (if the report is true of course) that suggests Neves isn't any where near moving away so how long do we wait?

Plus this is a top talent who clearly we need to get signed up asap before someone else comes in for him like Fulham did with Palhinha and Shi himself said the money is available for the right player which Nunes quite clearly is..

The window at the moment in time looks a complete mess for us...

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats going to happen when we dont have a Neves to cash in on to buy players? This is where their plan will fall apart if our recruitment is poor
RAN is our next Neves, then Neto, then Chiquino/Silva/Kilman whoever else could fetch 40m. Not the worst plan but needs that 40m to be spent very cleverly each summer, and somehow our scouting & recruitment to be better than most European clubs.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats going to happen when we dont have a Neves to cash in on to buy players? This is where their plan will fall apart if our recruitment is poor
We have to sell neves and no one wants him

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given the self financing model and the lack of European football I am surprised that Fosun haven't drawn the obvious conclusion that we should try to buy or loan from the big six-Broja,Gallagher,Livramento
are three who kept their teams out of relegation trouble last season.

Chasing the Sanches,Fernandez,Nunez,Botman,even maybe Palinha without being in the Champions League seems a waste of time.
Those 3 you mention are all very good shouts and the type of player we could try and loan.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
RAN is our next Neves, then Neto, then Chiquino/Silva/Kilman whoever else could fetch 40m. Not the worst plan but needs that 40m to be spent very cleverly each summer, and somehow our scouting & recruitment to be better than most European clubs.

If Bolla is half decent and we also have Jonny and Lembriska that can play right back, Semedo should be one to consider selling and able to raise funds on seeing as he cost €35m. I know he's currently injured though.

PelsallTC

Reaction score
IIRC the Jota money goes to the bank as we took out a loan against these instalments sometime ago.
Presumably the loan proceeds has been spent on running costs mainly players wages

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Problem i feel we will have is you still have to replace any you lose, and apart from our first year back we really havent been that great at recruiting. Neto, RAN and Sa are the only real success stories. We are going to need to be doing better than mid table finishes and end of season collapses to be attractive to potential players. Investing a 40 million budget every year means we really need to spend it wisely on players and a high percentage of who we sign need to become successful. 2 or 3 windows with below par recruitment and we are done for.

We are still so badly in need of improving our recruitment. Until we can recruit in tandem with Mendes rather than being reliant on him i think we are going to struggle.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tx plan was to sell neves,traore, donk and a few others to buy a few others. The reality is we have priced ourselves out of the market with neves so there’s obviously no plan b for signings.
I hate fosun and the way they conduct themselves. Self sustainable with no new revenue (yet to see this bull **** new revenue streams) for signings unless we sell to buy and even then no one wants our players. Paulinha deal was all but done… pulled the plug, Nunes deal all but done …. pulled the plug, all the others this summer already who have turned us down because we have to sell a player for 80 million before we can improve anything.

The most annoying part is they threw 35 million at an unknown kid that we will be lucky to get a fraction of that back on current form (hope he proves us wrong) but won’t fork out on proven quality. It’s just a joke from the top down.
Good post all true.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard ages ago that we're the only Premier team without its own scouting network. We use freelance guys who are also working for other clubs so have conflicting interests and we pay by results which of course is yet another penny pinching idea.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem i feel we will have is you still have to replace any you lose, and apart from our first year back we really havent been that great at recruiting. Neto, RAN and Sa are the only real success stories. We are going to need to be doing better than mid table finishes and end of season collapses to be attractive to potential players. Investing a 40 million budget every year means we really need to spend it wisely on players and a high percentage of who we sign need to become successful. 2 or 3 windows with below par recruitment and we are done for.

We are still so badly in need of improving our recruitment. Until we can recruit in tandem with Mendes rather than being reliant on him i think we are going to struggle.

Agree completely. Not appointing an experienced and well connected DoF was a false economy and we have been limited in our ability to execute transfer plans even with Mendes helping.. I am glad of the Mendes involvement but as you say, it needs to be a partnership.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Nunes transfer goes through it's a new transfer record for us for a Pep Guardiola approved midfielder.
Yet it's all misery and entitlement on here.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They normally follow 1,877.

Over means someone is leaving, under means someone is joining.

If you believe that sort of thing
Oh, right. I don’t do Twitter. I doubt folk will be using it a measure for placing any bets!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that's probably a pretty accurate account. My guess is we will sell Neves on the last day of the window for a lot less than we are currently asking because we will be desperate to get some money, but there won't be the time to spend it. We will go into the new season with a weaker team than we finished with last season. If so, I think we will finish about 15th after flirting with relegation. FOSUN are just going to try and do the minimum to keep us afloat in the PL while they look for a buyer. Risky.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard ages ago that we're the only Premier team without its own scouting network. We use freelance guys who are also working for other clubs so have conflicting interests and we pay by results which of course is yet another penny pinching idea.
So how come we, apparently, have A head of scouting and also a head scout? I remember this fact brought about much hilarity recently. Doesn't seem to fit what you heard though.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But also Sa for 7 million. And people complain we didn't spend the money on another unproven kid(Vitinha)
At what point do be people let it go
We've bought sa and ait nouri who were good value. Other than that we have overpaid on:
Hwang 14 million
Fabio 35 million
Semedo 27-35 million
Cutrone 15 million
Hoever 13 million
Trincao loan fee 4.5 million.

I will continue to use this as a stick to beat fosun until we make changes.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've bought sa and ait nouri who were good value. Other than that we have overpaid on:
Hwang 14 million
Fabio 35 million
Semedo 27-35 million
Cutrone 15 million
Hoever 13 million

It can also be argued that while Sa obviously turned out to be a massive bargain, he was actually fairly priced at the time.
Yes highly rated by Olympiacos fans, but was playing in the Greek League. His previous history was one of unfulfilled talent, being prone to errors and not being able to become first choice at Porto.
Its our luck that he finally fulfilled his potential at Wolves at Wolves and therefore is now worth much more now. But honesty playing anything above 10 million at the time would've been ludicrous.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You haven't heard the song it was embarrassing. To the point where the would've been protest. Makes that Leeds Badge look acceptable.

The is a difference of being scared and knowing he won't listen.

Yes there is, but you said they were too scared.

So were you in the meeting?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need players before we even sell anyone. If we do sell any first teamers they need replacing too.

We are at least 3 first 11 players short, IMO. Unfortunately for us, it’s the spine of the team too.

This one in one out rhetoric is laughable and will see us relegated.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
23 pages since the “new” thread started, and still sweet fa Wolves transfers to talk about. Even the rumours have dried up now.

You have to wonder quite what is going on at the club. The silence is deafening and the overall lack of action is concerning. Plenty of clubs starting to do business but as usual we are behind the ball and not on the front foot.

I start to sense a real sort of apathy at the moment. To me we are becoming and have become a very boring, dull and predictable club. Long gone are those days a few years back when there was a genuine buzz about the club amongst fans and in the media.

I now wouldnt be surprised if we line up with the same players at Leeds with the same old lack of goals, creativity and lack of pace through the middle of the team.

It is very sad as the club could have really pushed on a few years back but has chosen this ridiculously tight and negative approach in the transfer market, whilst other clubs invest.

I maintain we would have made the Europa League last season but lets face it. The January window was a complete and utter joke and cost us dearly.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we got £10m(?) for Vinagre, some of the Jota money too, surely we could have purchased Palhinha, then also Nunes purchase could have been followed up IF Neves is sold.

Very good point. What did we get for Mir last summer as well and Otasowie?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang 14 million
Fabio 35 million
Semedo 27-35 million
Cutrone 15 million
Hoever 13 million

Although I agree with you just for the record I believe you will find that Hoever was nearer 9 million.
On the other side add another 5 million loan fee for the statue named Willian Jose.

Back
Top Bottom