Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be but fear Bruno will choose Hwang over Fabio every time.

Its make or break for Silva at Wolves next season I think.
He clearly needs to put the ball in the back of the net next season, get a decent goals:minutes ratio. I like his movement and can finish, probably needs to be more canny and how to play against big experienced centre backs. Not many strikers go on to be prolific goalscorers in the premier so no shame in that (not talking about his price tag)

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy incoming around next Friday. It's frustrating that the club is so secretive about acquisitions but I guess it is a necessity to avoid bidding wars and gazumping. I hope we get a couple of leftfield out of nowhere decent signings that make it a good window. Certainly patience and confidence has been difficult over the last few weeks.

No replies necessary thanks.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is getting confusing now. Can we just call it the Summer Window Transfer Thread 2022.

All this cryptic stuff is just not on

Of course not. It's much better to have sly digs at everyone to make yourself feel better about your own position. It's even better if you have a position of power to utilise to do this.

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes. What's worse: repeatedly having arguments on the same topic or repeatedly moaning about people having arguments on the same topic?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One sure fire way that these transfer window threads could be made better would be for Wolves to actually make a few decent signings. There haven’t been stacks of those in recent years (some of course) and given we are quite secretive in what we do and give little away, its not hard to see why people get a bit anxious and some like to have a rant on the transfer thread.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips to city 45m
Jesus to arsenal 45m
Botman to Newcastle 37m

All prettty obscene and level of fees probably sums up Fosun reticence. I don’t think they realised how fees would increase, then add in something changing with Mendes relationship

Looks like things are cranking up though. Just hope we find some bargains

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips to city 45m
Jesus to arsenal 45m
Botman to Newcastle 37m

All prettty obscene and level of fees probably sums up Fosun reticence. I don’t think they realised how fees would increase, then add in something changing with Mendes relationship

£45m for Jesus seems good value, when viewed against those other two transfer fees, in my opinion.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Phillips to city 45m
Jesus to arsenal 45m
Botman to Newcastle 37m

Are they, we got a similar fee for Jota as that rumoured for Jesus.

We’re supposedly asking for 70-100m for Neves, so potentially double that of Phillips. (I don’t rate Phillips but many do for reasons unknown to me)

The club know what the going rate is, they just won’t pay it and are blinkered if they don’t think it could catch them out eventually.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

£45m for Jesus seems good value, when viewed against those other two transfer fees, in my opinion.
Gabriel imo will score a load for Arsenal next year as he should start every game. Botman seems a hell of a talent but could be challenged more in the premier league especially because of the top 6.
Phillips who I rate but is injured a lot seems expensive but Man city can easily cope with injuries as they have basically 2 first 11’s.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One sure fire way that these transfer window threads could be made better would be for Wolves to actually make a few decent signings. There haven’t been stacks of those in recent years (some of course) and given we are quite secretive in what we do and give little away, its not hard to see why people get a bit anxious and some like to have a rant on the transfer thread.

I think the best way to calm things now is to change the thread title to something that some people might see as inflammatory.

By sending the message that the mods think thinly veiled digs are OK, the reverse psychology might mean that those posters having digs at each other no longer think they are breaking rules and arguments are no longer cool.

Or it might do the opposite and escalate things. It's a high risk for a potential modest reward strategy.

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The equivalent of a goal every 2.5 games in the PL over the past 2 seasons for a side that score for fun doesn’t seem that fantastic.

I do like him as a player but if that’s a £45m forward in todays world then that says a lot about where fees are for your average decent PL level players.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The equivalent of a goal every 2.5 games in the PL over the past 2 seasons for a side that score for fun doesn’t seem that fantastic.

I do like him as a player but if that’s a £45m forward in todays world then that says a lot about where fees are for your average decent PL level players.
Agreed, as a standalone transfer fee it probably does look a tad top heavy but when you see it against the fees for an injury prone, undoubtedly talented young midfielder and a player who's yet to prove his worth at all in the Premier League, it doesn't seem too bad at all.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, as a standalone transfer fee it probably does look a tad top heavy but when you see it against the fees for an injury prone, undoubtedly talented young midfielder and a player who's yet to prove his worth at all in the Premier League, it doesn't seem too bad at all.
....and he is still only 25 years old.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try living here, the last 6 months have been insufferable
One of the clubs I want to do well right up until they became owned by a corrupt human rights abusing state. Now them Man City and the rest of the sky six together with Everton and Villa are the clubs I most want to see stuff it up

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City. Everything that’s wrong in football in 2022. Buy players to bench them do others can’t have them and pay them bucket loads so they don’t bleat. Now have a countrywide following of glory hunting gold diggers who have zero affinity to the club before they bought success. The whole sky 7 have done this in my view. 13 teams in the league playing catch up as they can’t compete financially although watch Everton and Villa try. Fosun just are not going to do that. We should target staying up first but we must go for the cups. It is our only chance of Europe which is the only way we attract the right calibre of player. I love my team but I really don’t like the money driven premiership set up. For me it ruins competition. You know before a ball is kicked who will be in or around the top 4 and who are going to be in the cup mix . I hope an underdog does something this season. I would have loved it to be us but I can’t see it .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s fair, although Philips value is somewhat down to his importance to Leeds as much as his value as a player.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeff sent me the notes of his 121 with Scott in early May where he noted the key objectives agreed with our Technical Director to be completed before pre-season. They were as follows:-

1) Get Neves to sign a new contract or sell him
2) Get MGW to sign a new contract or sell him
3) Sell Adama
4) Get Moutinho to sign a new contract
5) Bring in money for fringe players - Ronan, Cutrone, Bonatini, Sanderson, Giles, Hoever etc
6) Buy a strong midfielder to protect the defence
7) Buy a quick midfielder to link with the attack
8) Buy a fast centre back good in 1v1s
9) Buy a forward who knows where the back of the net is
10) Bring in 2 players with potential to loan to Grasshoppers

When he sent these to me, Jeff asked me to do a 360 on Scott using feedback from Molineux Mixers.

So, on a scale of 1-10 how well do you think Scott has done?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile Newcastle have a 35m bid accepted for Botman on the back of signing England keeper Nick Pope for 10m

Geordies will be In sufferable this year I fear .
Fair play to them, we’d be exactly the same. Reliably informed by a Newcastle fan who lives round here that we were “irritating as ****” between 2017-19.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the self financing model and the lack of European football I am surprised that Fosun haven't drawn the obvious conclusion that we should try to buy or loan from the big six-Broja,Gallagher,Livramento
are three who kept their teams out of relegation trouble last season.

Chasing the Sanches,Fernandez,Nunez,Botman,even maybe Palinha without being in the Champions League seems a waste of time.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He tried to change Hi ho silverling to this techno version of an old song. It was absolutely dreadful. I'll try and remember what the song is. In the original meeting, everyone was too scared to say how bad it was and people had to organize behind Jeffs back a way to stop it happening.

Not being funny but if Jeff wants to change something he can. I dont buy for 1 minute that people are scared of him.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeff sent me the notes of his 121 with Scott in early May where he noted the key objectives agreed with our Technical Director to be completed before pre-season. They were as follows:-

1) Get Neves to sign a new contract or sell him
2) Get MGW to sign a new contract or sell him
3) Sell Adama
4) Get Moutinho to sign a new contract
5) Bring in money for fringe players - Ronan, Cutrone, Bonatini, Sanderson, Giles, Hoever etc
6) Buy a strong midfielder to protect the defence
7) Buy a quick midfielder to link with the attack
8) Buy a fast centre back good in 1v1s
9) Buy a forward who knows where the back of the net is
10) Bring in 2 players with potential to loan to Grasshoppers

When he sent these to me, Jeff asked me to do a 360 on Scott using feedback from Molineux Mixers.

So, on a scale of 1-10 how well do you think Scott has done?
Well at the moment with only a few days left before pre season starts its a zero as far as we are aware unless these rumours of 3 signings and existing player getting new contract comes to fruition very quickly

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Just goes to show that nobody knows anything.

First of all Neves was already gone with cash going for Palinha (in the bag) and Nunes. Then Fulham 'beat' us to Palhinha causing a meltdown. He still hasn't signed or them although still reported he might. Then Nunes open to Wolves move but away on holiday, clubs working on deal. Then clubs are in alignment but Nunes not interested. Now Neves apparently signing a new deal and Palinha possibly waiting on other offers. Now Nunes is interested for the right money but we're moving Neves on first.

Its all *******s and its all exhausting.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect there will be much more activity from next week onwards. Players begin to return for pre-season and kick -off is 6 weeks today.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolverhampton makes the midfielder the priority, but the international is waiting for offers from clubs that fight for titles.

Matheus Nunes is coveted by several clubs, but he continues to have a clear idea: he favors an emblem that allows him to discuss titles. In this sense, the Portuguese-Brazilian midfielder will be refusing to commit to any English emblem that is not in a position to fight for the title.

As O JOGO reported, Everton and Wolverhampton would be willing to approach the €60 million clause, putting on the table amounts above €40 million, with values in goals that could entice Sporting to negotiate an important asset. to Amorim.

But Matheus is aware that there is still a long time left for the transfer period to end and that other more tempting offers from a sporting point of view may appear, so much so that the English press reported yesterday that the player is "making negotiations difficult" with the Wolves by Bruno Lage. Previously, Guardiola praised the midfielder and the Man. City made remarks to the athlete, as did Man. United, interests that have been fading. Barcelona's attention advanced in Spain hasn't turned into sounding yet.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being funny but if Jeff wants to change something he can. I dont buy for 1 minute that people are scared of him.

You haven't heard the song it was embarrassing. To the point where the would've been protest. Makes that Leeds Badge look acceptable.

The is a difference of being scared and knowing he won't listen.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say it’s a joke, it’s clear Neves sale will massively affect our budget and plans.

Let’s say we expect to have circa £45m to spend without selling Neves with a CB, CM and CF required.

With Neves sale we’d potentially have £100m and need a CB, 2 x CM and a CF.

Now in scenario B, £40m on Nunes is a reasonable shout with £60m left for the other 3 positions.

However if Neves doesn’t move on spending £40m, most of our available funds, on one position with 3 others needed still isn’t smart at all.

The one that you could say is ridiculous, if true, is not going for Fernandez at circa £15m in that same position even if we did have to wait 6 months for him if we believe that long term he’d be worth it. Obviously there may have been reasons other than money but if it was simply the terms of the deal that stopped it then that’s the one to be frustrated about, not Nunes.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom